Cross Match Technologies

www.crossmatch.com

Cross Match Technologies Reviews

2.6

Michael Kohlsdorf

My experience was not bad.

Former Employee - Director, Bids and Proposals in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Director, Bids and Proposals in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cross Match Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had the opportunity to develop processes and tools that were institutionalized.

Cons

The programmatic (e.g., IDIQ) pipeline was weak for a biometric company to prime. The business model supports using the consultant approach at a lower pay scale.

Still determining what I would want to share.

where did all the good times go

I have been working at Cross Match Technologies

Pros

good benefits, nice hours good pay

Cons

very management heavy, does not accept any input. No company loyalty

look around at all the people who are abandoning ship. Wonder why?

Good product and people

I have been working at Cross Match Technologies full-time

Pros

-good product
    -good people
    -good benefits
    -work hours and holidays

Cons

-constant leadership change
    -no leadership
    -bad HR or non existent
    -they do not invest or recognize talent
    -no training

Look at the people who keep making it happen and promote them. Stop paying lots of money to people who only come in for a sort time, leave and make no improvement.

Great experience but there is no way to grow

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Cross Match Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good professionalls, interesting projects, dynamic environment.

Cons

"Club culture", the only way to be promoted is to belong to the club even if you are not educated enough. Frequent change of CEO's.

Welcome to Layoff Central

I worked at Cross Match Technologies

Pros

Dynamic, interesting work environment , latest technology.

Cons

Fear factory, multiple layoffs recently, people in "The Club" are untouchable and remain unscathed sitting in their cozy offices or cubes rubbing their toes together. If your reading this then you know who you are.

Don't bother printing business cards, the ink on mine wasn't even dry yet!

reverse discrimination

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Cross Match Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a very inovated company, New management team seems to be going in the right direction but still need to make staff changes.

Cons

there is no reward for good work, yet no reprimands for work slow downs. People want overtime even when there is little work. No concept of it hurts the bottom line. No negativity is allowed on the floor towards the employees so the dead beats who praise the supervisor get all the good jobs. I feel like good employees are being treated badly and made to feel intimidated by the favored. I quit on my own free will as I felt I would be let go to be replaced by a member of the Cuban click.

screen your workers better, have a standardized test that includes English comprehension. Listen to the employees with eyes as well as ears. Investigate complaints while being impartial to either side. Discrimination is a serious issue. People are looking over their shoulders waiting to be the next one to be let go. It is very unstable environment with not know where or who you can confide in if you have problems.

Excellent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Cross Match Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Supportive Senior Staff that understands growth and has a solid five year strategy geared towards long term stability and customer orientation

Cons

Small in size which limits capital expendeture and does place addition responsibilities on the current staff. This basically is doing more with less.

None at this stage

Good days are long gone

Current Employee - Senior Implentation Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Implentation Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cross Match Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Once upon a time had a state of the art product with good people and a bright outlook.

Cons

I worked there before they were trying to go public and what a debacle that was. They had several offers to sell to large intergrators before 2007 stock option bid fell through and they have gone downhill every since then. Way to many suits who do nothing but point fingers and bring no other value to company whose good days are long gone!

Get rid of all the suits and hire worker bees!!!

A rewarding place to work

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Technician in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Technician in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Cross Match Technologies

Pros

I't nice to work with a company that makes a positive difference in the world. It makes me feel good about coming to work.

Cons

Infrastructure needs improvement. In this area I feel we are lagging behind the industry standard.

Please invest more in the infrastructure

Could have been but never will be, not a great place to have a stable career.

I have been working at Cross Match Technologies

Pros

Location is nice and convenient to I-95, lot's of parking. Fair life work balance but expect to work overtime around the holidays which is a company tradition. Salaries and benefits are okay for the area but you won't get much of a raise even after several years as said by others.

Cons

Much what others have said about this place is highly accurate; sad as it may sound there is not much in Pros that can be said about the company as it exists today. I been a long term associate company ; was indeed once a great place to work and the time has finally come where I have made the decision to get out of Dodge and will soon be exiting. Along with what the others said on here; the company is indeed behind the times on products. They are planning on farming out more work and going with contractors along with using other companies technology instead of inventing it internally. There is currently a mass state of confusion within the company and some departments have nothing to do since there is little to no direction.

David Buckley is changing the direction of the company and brought in his cronies to manage for better or worse a lot of good people were fired in the process and some of the new hires are not very impressive; mainly the HR Manager and some other branded Directors many of which were old management that should have been cut. Communication is about as bad as it can get; these "town hall meetings" are rare and usually filled with boasting sales people and pie charts. Buckley's business model suits people in Sales mainly. Don't expect to come in here and be involved in innovation and the work is becoming less challenging.

I will leave what others said below in "Cons" as my view as well; if you are thinking of taking a job with this place; be forewarned; the moral is extremely bad; there is a very dark cloud that lingers over this place that rains negativity as much as the Florida wet season. You will see people get hired in a poor market and work here for a couple of weeks or longer and quit; or long term good beneficial employees get let go for no logical reason. "The Club" as mentioned is a sad reality with this place; you may or may not be allowed in it. I am not a member of the club; reason why I'm on the way out. You will never ever receive praise at this place for your efforts and work if you are not in the club. CYA mentality amongst managers is rampant, only a few are really down to earth. Feels like a high school with all the brown nosing.

This place is very unethical as mentioned by others it is no rumor that there is a major inequality in time off policies and attendance protocol being followed. I blame HR for this and department managers for not enforcing company policy. Only problem is HR is the biggest offender; rarely can you get an answer because they are never in the office. It is also no false statement that people with no experience are handed projects and positions they are not qualified to handle or manage. The Club promotes the wrong people and major favoritism exists within the organization.

Best wishes; hope the company survives the next 2-4 years it might not be too late to turn the rudder if you can find it. You fired much of old management; but you left a few stragglers behind; time to trim the fat bring in some Vectronix people to these roles.

Cross Match Technologies Photos

Production and Supply Chain
Around Cross Match
Around Cross Match
Celebrating success and collaboration!

+ Add Photo