CrossCheck

Updated May 20, 2014

J. David Siembieda

Account Executive -- An Opportunity To Make A Lot Of Money

Account Executive (Current Employee) Petaluma, CA

ProsIf you're great at sales, the type of person who can turn an "I'll think about it, send me some info" into a yes, you have the potential to make a lot of money at this company. They have great flexibility with shift scheduling. If you come in 30 minutes late because of traffic or you overslept, you just stay 30 minutes longer and average it out. Or can stay after 30 the next day to be on schedule during the week. You can take a 40 minute lunch or an hour or longer lunch, as long as you put in your time for the day. You can take a break anytime you want to go to the restroom, get a drink, etc. You're not chained to your desk. As long as you make your daily outbound call quota, you're good. They treat you like an adult. Very flexible schedule and earning potential. Some have made commission checks of $10k. That's on just one check. There are people who have made over $100k in a year. It's rare but it can happen if you're great at sales. It's one of the few sales jobs that pays a good hourly base pay in addition to commission. Employees are great to work with. I'm an okay sales person but there are a few there that just kill it with commissions/sales. The positive thing is success can be duplicated, just do what they're doing. The challenge is it just takes time to get there so you can't give up. Most give up in their first week once they hit the phones. The biggest fear I had getting on the phone was that people would be really rude to me. Very few were, the majority are business owners and value their reputation so will just politely say not interested and hang up, or they don't need it. A benefit is you're calling businesses not residential people. You're calling managers and owners who represent their companies. So many are civilized, however they are also very busy which is why you have to be very sharp to get your point across or they'll just say not interested and hang up.

ConsYou have 60 days to get your first sale or you're let go. It's in your agreement you sign after hired. Most good sales people get it in their first 30 days. But many don't. Some really big name companies use Crosscheck, so it's a service that really does benefit companies. The challenge is getting people to listen, countering objections quickly and making enough calls daily to find the few that will listen. You have to be really hungry for it, and motivated, most importantly you have to believe in what you're selling so you can convince who you're calling to believe in it. It's a numbers game, which means hearing a lot of no's and hang ups before getting to the right person. If you don't have a sense of humor, this job isn't for you. You have to laugh and brush things off quickly and move forward. People who are uptight, take themselves too seriously or think they are too good to be told no by someone, never make it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Avoid

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsThe people that work there are nice.

ConsLack of a product that is relevent

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training and learn that you can't be a one trick pony.

I loved my co-workers we were a family

Collectionscsr (Former Employee) Petaluma, CA

Prosmy co-workers a bonus plan medical 401

Consvery hostile environment. mandatory over time six days a week collections calling check writers whose checks bounced low wages very high turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementSmile treat people with respect and appreciate them with a higher living wage

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CrossCheck, Inc. - check guarantee and collections

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Petaluma, CA

ProsFun employee socials every month

ConsNo annual increases guaranteed for good performers. High expectations and not enough training.

The worst decision of my life

Account Executive (Former Employee) Addison, TX

ProsNice office
    Friendly co - workers

ConsThis is the Titanic. I was there for two months and I saw 9 people leave, quit or get fired. What a joke!
    Who needs a check guarantee service? NO ONE!
    13 an hour is all that you will be getting but they will lie and say more when you get sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to future employees telling them that they have the potential to make up to 90k when no one needs a check guarantee service anymore.

A rollercoaster ride in the depletion one's morals and character, due to the expected practice of deception.

Customer Service (Former Employee) Rohnert Park, CA

Pros1. Monthly potlucks.
    2. Free coffee and teas.

Cons1. Low wages; hasn't given raises to non executive staff since 2008.
    2. Benefits are cost prohibitive for self coverage, much less family coverage. Some employees chose to forgo participating in the benefits offered, because do low salaries qualified for the state's Healthy Families coverage.
    3. Obvious favoritism, especially towards non-productive employees who know how brown nose really well, but wouldn't survive if their employment was based on performance/job knowledge alone.
    4. The lack of transparency and deception. One is required to not disclose to merchants who use the service that: A. The full premiums of their account types. B. Disclose to a merchant that they have a cancellation fee, if merchant is attempting to cancel service while within their contract period, unless they ask. C. Provide a courtesy "FYI" to the merchant if they are or are not doing something that would fall outside the compliance of the guarantee. The rule by management is that the merchant is expected to have read the fine print of the multi-page contract for them to understand what premiums, fees, exclusions and terms&conditions they have obligated themselves to, and often times the sales rep misrepresented the features, fees, or cancellation fee just to close the sale.
    5. Minimal opportunity for advancement with the company. While there are long term employees, many still hold the same title they started with.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of hiding in your offices, begin interacting with and engage all levels of personnel in conversation, you might learn what's is and isn't working, and minimize the turnover in staff in certain departments, as well as improve morale.

toxic workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Petaluma, CA

ProsSurprisingly there are some decent people working there. Goodness knows why. The company is located very near freeway access so you can get out of there fast at the end of the day.

ConsUpper management is completely disconnected from the real world, many incompetent mid-level managers, really terrible building (i felt unnaturally uncomfortable every second I was in there),, insanely high turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and pay attention! You have a well-deserved reputation as a terrible place to work. You have some managers there who are detrimental to company success. The building that you are in is toxic.

Good Company - Nearly Irrelevant Product/Service

Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) Addison, TX

ProsGood company, nice people to work with, good location, clean work environment they even play classical music while you pee or poo.

ConsBaaaaad, bad pay plan: Salary base is just so-so but there is no (0) residual income which means that you are caught like a rat on a wheel trying get new business every day. And I almost forgot; people don't write a lot of checks these days and merchants do not see value in check guaranty services.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the good old days of check guaranty and pay some residual so your reps can build their income.

Worked for CrossCheck? Contribute to the Community!