Crossix Solutions Inc. Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Asaf Evenhaim

Great company - growing and evolving

I have been working at Crossix Solutions Inc. full-time

Pros

Great client list and impressive partners. Always something new is in the works - very innovative and dynamic. Strong emphasize on quality and on clients. A leader in its space. Very smart co-workers from great backgrounds. A good place for learning on the job.

Cons

Can be stressful and demanding with client deadlines. Moving in the right direction. Still need to do a better job with internal communications, career development and promotions.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on career development and encourage more feedback on an ongoing basis

2. Good place to work

Former Employee - Marketing Data Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Data Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Crossix Solutions Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues and good outside work events.

Cons

Work is tough. Have to be patient an willing to put in the time, s you should.

Advice to Management

More,better communication

Not a happy place to work

I worked at Crossix Solutions Inc.

Pros

There's a level of excellence expected there in terms of work quality that I can fully appreciate now. One can get exposure to a lot of different things in a small company, which is good for personal growth, but you have to ask for it or get to the right level to get exposure to get it. People individually are friendly. People are smart, especially the CEO.

Cons

Honestly, I dreaded going to work there everyday. I realized soon after I started that it was not the right place for me, but overall this place can really mess up a generally happy person. I know for sure that some reviews on here were written in the past for the sole purpose of promoting the company, and to mask the negative reviews, which of course is despicable. Made me nauseous thinking about it, but not surprising that it would happen given the weird culture there. I think it is difficult for brand new analysts to see how negative the culture is, which I guess is good for them, bad for those who know better over time. There is no regard for people's personal or work time, and people work long hours. It never had to be that way-almost all the senior people have poor time management skills and it affects work-life balance for everyone below them. And-it almost always happened due to poor planning, delayed meetings and general lack of care for the time of others. I can honestly say that for 98% of the time when I worked late, it was the senior person's fault due to reasons above. Crossix has a yearly bonus which it splits in two installments over the following year, likely for the sole reason of keeping people around for the next bonus cycle. It's just a bad move-it gets people very upset and reinforces the little care the management gives towards the true happiness of workers. Also I came in with the expectations that bonuses would be spectacular. They were fine for good workers, but on par with a lot of other solid companies who don't do ridiculous things like hold bonuses hostage. They need an HR function badly, and don't understand why they can't figure this out already. They are not good at people management, so get a function that can help with this!! If you're a generally a positive, happy, dedicated person, and you find yourself at Crossix, my advice is to leave soon after getting some time on your resume. And, don't go at all if you're looking at an opportunity there...wait it out and find something else, unless you're desperate for a salary. This includes new analysts.

Advice to Management

Get a real full time HR person- someone who knows what they're doing. It protects you anyway. Senior managers need to start letting go of their egos and start managing their time better and get meetings done on time. It's not rocket science-despite what people may think. They need to stop the "drop everything to talk to the CEO" every single day. It is not good for business-his business-and they need to make him aware of the ramifications of doing that. Urgent stuff is one thing, but the conversation can usually wait an hour so that analysts can go back to work instead of waiting around for a meeting. Senior managers can be done with a meeting in the allotted time when they start on time, and should watch a clock doing it. That's what everyone else in the world does. Stop it already. Stop splitting up those bonuses. Seriously, you need to figure out something else to keep people from leaving. Start thinking about how to make your culture happier and workers more satisfied with good, long term solutions. All things above will help.

Big data and marketing in a fun, growing company

I have been working at Crossix Solutions Inc. full-time

Pros

I have found the job to be a very good place for me to get experience in Big Data and marketing, as well as overall corporate experience, including working in groups and with clients. Crossix has a solid training program with mentors and internal clubs so you can gain experience presenting, take leadership and eventually get in front of clients. I really enjoy the environment. Most people are really smart – from great schools – but fun also. Some people get promoted up (there are managers and directors who started as analysts) and others wind up moving on to either graduate school or sometimes other pretty impressive career steps. The experience is terrific whether staying or moving on.

Cons

Since the company hires many just a few years out of school, there’s natural movement each year which can sometimes feel like constant transition. But for those who fit well, the opportunities grow, with new responsibilities like training new staff, mentoring and involvement in new product development.

6. Deeply engaging, fun and interesting

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Crossix Solutions Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has grown so much in my time here, and I have enjoyed and benefited from that growth, with more responsibility and opportunity to move in directions that initially stretch me but ultimately have fueled my professional development. Management has put an emphasis on this development of its people, with mentoring, training and opportunities to take leadership roles even early on. We are paid very well. Crossix is about big data and marketing analytics, and the company has cool proprietary advantages in the market and works really closely with its clients -- advertisers, media cos and agencies. I have benefited from this, developing analytical skills, client skills and even thinking about and solving cutting edge marketing analytics challenges. It's deeply satisfying to work for a company perceived so positively by our clients. For the most part, we have a highly skilled and talented group of people, highly engaged and working (and socializing at times) together. We do have a few who do not engage (more on this in Cons below), and I think this results from a somewhat myopic view of what the company does and the breadth of opportunities for employee exposure (or perceived lack of breadth).

Cons

The company is growing but not large, and while management has put in place structures to reward strong performers, to be successful you must be willing to work hard. Crossix is definitely a place where you get out of it what you put into it. As mentioned above in Pros, some are less engaged; they get fewer and less interesting projects and get less out of the experience (Crossix is a company that rewards engagement and its strong performers). For the strong performers, this often involves working around client deadlines and sometimes long hours. Late nights and weekends are possible, but not certainly not routine (most of the time the hours are more reasonable).

Advice to Management

Continue to hire good people and focus on client service. It's deeply satisfying to work at a company perceived so positively by our clients. Perhaps communicate a little more about strategy and direction.

Character Building but Unpleasant

I have been working at Crossix Solutions Inc. full-time

Pros

The company is pretty small, around 30 people. The office is in midtown Manhattan and they have floor to themselves in an open office environment. It's difficult to get a sense of the job through the job description, ironically (and I was told later it was deliberately so). I thought it would be like consulting for media and pharmaceutical companies. On the broad scale, it kind of is but it's a lot more "hard skills" than I thought going into it. The Marketing Data Analyst position, as opposed to the Marketing Operations Analyst (there is a difference), requires you to learn SQL, a computer language where you manipulate very large amounts of data, mixed in with Crossix's own proprietary software. It's obtuse at times but it's become more and more standardized across the years but there are always bugs. There is some interactions with clients but rare - most of that is up to the VPs or Marketing Operations Analyst who are a little more managerial and work with Powerpoint to demonstrate the "findings" in the software. A good part of the job is that you get pretty skilled in "analysis". They're very big on statistics, they pay you to learn a pretty industry-standard language, SQL, which can lead to other opportunities if you're looking for that (my LinkedIn exploded for most Marketing Companies) and the open office structure is nice.

Cons

Some frustrating parts of the job is that, despite being a small company, management can be a big obstacle at times - never once had a meeting started on time. While this may not seem like a big deal, as an analyst, the decisions made in these meetings affect how you go about your project and can lead to doing things over, and over, and over until 11 PM on weekdays and weekends if management hasn't decided how to go forward. Despite being a "start-up", they had pretty strict rules about when/where you can leave, in addition to the expectation of irregular work hours (working on the weekends is a norm), constant office gossip about where people may be transitioning to, and they asked us to come in during Hurricane Sandy which was hardcore. They run on a "deliverable" schedule meaning you always have projects due even if things go horribly wrong, which they can because the proprietary language and large amounts of data can frequently crash your computer. Another challenge is the very high turnover rate in the company - very few people have stuck through past 2 years since a lot of the skills aren't transferable. It's a very "work you till you break" atmosphere. Also, there's a suspicion that HR, (composed of 2 people) write some of the more positive reviews on Glassdoor. Hint, no one uses the phrase "cutting-edge". Overall, I would not recommend the experience unless it's something very specific like experience in pharma-marketing data right after graduating college. I definitely know some who like the role and thrive at the company but I liken the experience to hiking in the rain: character building but unpleasant.

8. Growth Company with a Bright Future

Current Employee - Marketing Data Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Crossix Solutions Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Given the state of the reviews on here, I wanted to provide my perspective. I started about 8 months ago and I am quite happy working here. There are three things I like best about Crossix: A unique position within the healthcare sector, training in ‘big data’, and a ‘work hard/play hard culture’ where I have become close with my co-workers. First, the firm’s position: Crossix is perfectly situated to provide clarity to firms across the sector looking to navigate a rapidly changing healthcare space. Management is always looking for new ways to design products are to meet the changing needs of the healthcare industry. It’s a creative environment – I’ve found it an exciting place to work. Second, training and experience: Healthcare is a great industry to be in right now, and Crossix also provides experience in ‘big data’, one of the hottest trends in business right now. I’ve gained the skills to analyze major marketing campaigns, exposure to the top healthcare and pharma companies, as well as a strong understanding of the overall dynamic of the healthcare sector. Finally, contrary to some posts, I do believe Crossix’s people are its best asset. Work is intense and teams are close-knit, which is not for everyone. You’re as likely forge bonds over working a few late nights as you are over a drink during happy hour. Most analysts are close in age, and I have forged strong friendships with a number of my peers.

Cons

Hours can be irregular. The work is project-based and deadline-driven. Employees take pride in their work, and during busy times of the year you must be ready to deal with high stress levels. As with most client-services jobs, hours and work depend largely on clients’ needs. Workload often hits in waves, followed by shorter periods of downtime in-between projects. The company’s rapid growth has brought some growing pains, namely balancing managing its employees and managing a growing number of clients and projects. The company’s focus on results and meeting deadlines occasionally results in poor communication between management and people at the analyst level. Broken lines of communication during busier times of the year have led to some undue anxiety. Management is working to improve communication and adjust to growth, but nothing is perfect and the iterative process of figuring out what does and does not work means change happens incrementally and unevenly. When busy, these issues take a backseat to generating new business or maintaining major clients. It’s a start-up environment, if you are uncomfortable standing up for yourself and communicating your concerns with management, you will struggle here.

Advice to Management

Continue to try different ways to improve communication. More explicit communication of the vision for the company would help people better understand the company within a larger context as well as performance expectations. The divergent nature of reviews on Glassdoor illustrates the differing perspective between those unwilling or unable to ‘buy in’, versus those interested in pushing and growing Crossix further.

Growing company with incredible opportunity and potential

Current Employee - Marketing Data Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Crossix Solutions Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Crossix brings a unique, cutting edge service to the industry and is slowly becoming the market standard. Employees at all levels have the opportunity to contribute to the development of new products and offerings in a seemingly limitless new field. The work is interesting and engaging and as a small company with a constant inflow of new business, there is a great deal of responsibility to be given to those who are up for the challenge. It is a great place for young employees to get meaningful experience starting a career in the pharmaceutical or marketing industries. Constant growth makes for an extremely exciting work environment, bringing new challenges to be faced constantly. Very few projects are routine and most demand new, creative approaches in order to be completed successfully. Young company culture and frequent happy hours make for an enjoyable work life balance.

Cons

The company is in a constant state of change and growth with somewhat frequent restructuring in order to accommodate expansion. This might be unsettling for employees looking to settle into a routine. The amount of work to go around requires employees to be self starters who are prepared to take on the responsibility of shaping this young and highly dynamic company. Hours are somewhat irregular and late nights are occasionally demanded to complete deadline driven work.

Advice to Management

Growing pains are inevitable in a young, quickly expanding company. Only through embracing change will the company reach its full potential. Continue to solicit and listen to feedback from employees; it is appreciated more than you know.

mind numbing work and horrible conditions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Crossix Solutions Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there are really too few to even mention here

Cons

there are too many to list here but for starters: tedious work that is unrewarding, extremely hierarchical structure, people get fired or leave without anyone at the analyst level having a clue why or what happened, most people are overworked and apathetic to what they are doing, no enthusiasm

Just a Bad Company Structure

Current Employee - Marketing Data Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Crossix Solutions Inc.

Pros

- Flexible work schedule - Casual dressing - Open door policy to discuss issues/ideas with CFO/CEO - Free beverages/snacks - Entertainment : TV, fuss-ball, basketball, etc - Beers on Friday evenings

Cons

All in all, this is perfect example of blending a competitive business idea with bad business management. The spectrum of work is limited, which raises questions about the company ever being a threat to some on the bigger competitors. Massive employee turnover (do your homework on this aspect) due to management treating employees like replaceable commodities. The two directors have different working styles, and at times that appears to be the root cause of the problem. One is too judgmental (literally) with an annoying strong personality. Other is just a bad leader, which is evident from how some projects get screwed every time, month after month. Who is accountable for all mishaps - neither of the two directors. Every past employee has left with high level of disappointment and frustration.

Advice to Management

Remember, its the employees that make a good company great. On the flip side, their opinions could mean closed doors for a healthy growing company. Have a management/policies shake-up, or the company would always be a 15 people show, even though they hire 10-12 employees each year. Work on retaining current employees, not hiring new employees - the core of Marketing, your own business line.

RSS Feed </> Embed