Crossland Construction Company

Updated October 29, 2014
17 reviews filtered by
4.3
Ivan Crossland Jr.

Safety conscience and working to give the very best in the construction field.

Current Employee - Operator in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Operator in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Crossland Construction Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

New Equipment and if you need it they get it weather its safety equipment or getting a mechanic out to get you up and running again. We get regular bones at completion of every job . Our crew always succeeds at getting our jobs done at least 2-3 weeks early and under budget.

Cons

We only receive raises once a year and if you put back money in 401k and roth they make it impossible to get to. promotions are very small for working 6 days aweek and 10 hr days.

Advice to Management

Go back to honoring the men that really do the work and not just the office help.....

2. good experience, great culture, good leadership, pretty decent pay for areas you will be

I have been working at Crossland Construction Company

Pros

good field experience, company takes care of interns, lots of potential opportunity

Cons

have to work as an overpaid laborer even after college

3. Lead strategic initiative.

I worked at Crossland Construction Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy to identify needs as two outside firms had concluded similar weaknesses.

Cons

Reluctant to change with growth.

Advice to Management

Seek outside expertise and implement best practices.

5. Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Crossland Construction Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large midwest company with 8 offices yet strives to continue a small company feel. The execs know you by name know your family. Makes you feel appriciated.

Cons

Management practices between offices not yet consistant and on the same page.

Advice to Management

As we grow and traveling becomes the new way of life, continue on the relationship basics that have made this big company seem small and everyone feel appriciated for the work they do.

6. Great Place to Learn & Grow

Current Employee - Superintendent
    Current Employee - Superintendent

I have been working at Crossland Construction Company full-time

Pros

great benefits package especially their health insurance. PTO policy rewards time off for number of years with the company. Education outlets let you add to your resume. They want to see you grow and move up in the company

Cons

Some jobsites work larger hours depending on the circumstance.

Advice to Management

reward your supers and field engineers for the extra time they put in on the job. I hate keeping my crew away from their families knowing they are working for less.

Company Review

Current Employee - Office Manager in Prosper, TX
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Prosper, TX

I have been working at Crossland Construction Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Crossland has a story, a good story. It is built on a solid foundation with strong leaders. As a family owned business, it strives to treat and think of all of its employees as extended family. Lots of great values are put into place every day with the education program, giving back to communities, jobsite cookouts, internal awards for achievement/commendable work. Employees are proud to say they work for Crossland.

Cons

Still trying to work to achieve outstanding communication in all areas. When communication fails or is not present, all sorts of complications can arise. Continue to direct employees on career paths, take the time to see where employees want to be and see themselves in the future. If they have a goal to reach for, then they can work to get there. Employees will stay loyal to the company if they feel as though they are working to better themselves and the company.

Advice to Management

Help employees achieve more than even they think they are capable of. Put your trust into the employees, push them, don't hinder them. They might prove to more than meet your expectations. Ivan Sr always believed in his employees and looked for their best qualities, he made them believe in themselves and want to do their best for him.

8. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbus, KS
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbus, KS

Pros

Challenged every day to do your best because of the example set by CEO and others in management. Invest in employees through training and education. Belief in their Mission Statement. Company is successful because management is always striving to improve, and is sustainable because of their vision.

Cons

Travel. But that goes with the territory in construction, especially in this economy. We have to go where the work is.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of how you got here. Try new things, but if it doesn't work, give it up. Continue to listen to and reward employees who are doing it right.

9. Im blessed

Current Employee - Supt in Grove, OK
    Current Employee - Supt in Grove, OK

Pros

This is a great place to be, people are so good and helpful. When other company;s are laying off, this company is always hiring and adding jobs.

Cons

Some times you have to travel, and be away for awhile from your family.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you are doing a great job.

10. I have really liked the people I work with and the job I do and I have a really good bosses.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Pros

The people I work with are really good people and not just at work, live good lives. They always are ready to help me if I need it and are happy to do so.

Cons

It's are large company and sometimes you feel that your ideas are not listened to or what you do is not noticed and everyone likes a pat on the back.

Advice to Management

Listen to the men in the field more and our customers problems or concerns, which without them none of us will have jobs.

11. a waste of time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Crossland Construction Company

Pros

decent pay for industry
    Travel
    50 hour work week

Cons

interns are treated bad (expect to be yelled at daily)
    Expect to be stuck in a hole your first summer and second summer
    will move you where the work is and no respect for personal life
    hard on family
    Its construction so expect employers to treat you bad because their trying to under bid there compettion. (Do not work construction)

Advice to Management

treat people better