Crossland Construction Company

Updated May 16, 2014
Updated May 16, 2014
4.3

Ivan Crossland Jr.

Safety conscience and working to give the very best in the construction field.

Current Employee - Operator  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Operator in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Crossland Construction Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New Equipment and if you need it they get it weather its safety equipment or getting a mechanic out to get you up and running again. We get regular bones at completion of every job . Our crew always succeeds at getting our jobs done at least 2-3 weeks early and under budget.

Cons

We only receive raises once a year and if you put back money in 401k and roth they make it impossible to get to. promotions are very small for working 6 days aweek and 10 hr days.

Go back to honoring the men that really do the work and not just the office help.....

Lead strategic initiative.

I worked at Crossland Construction Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to identify needs as two outside firms had concluded similar weaknesses.

Cons

Reluctant to change with growth.

Seek outside expertise and implement best practices.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Crossland Construction Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large midwest company with 8 offices yet strives to continue a small company feel. The execs know you by name know your family. Makes you feel appriciated.

Cons

Management practices between offices not yet consistant and on the same page.

As we grow and traveling becomes the new way of life, continue on the relationship basics that have made this big company seem small and everyone feel appriciated for the work they do.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Learn & Grow

Current Employee - Superintendent
    Current Employee - Superintendent

I have been working at Crossland Construction Company full-time

Pros

great benefits package especially their health insurance. PTO policy rewards time off for number of years with the company. Education outlets let you add to your resume. They want to see you grow and move up in the company

Cons

Some jobsites work larger hours depending on the circumstance.

reward your supers and field engineers for the extra time they put in on the job. I hate keeping my crew away from their families knowing they are working for less.

Company Review

Current Employee - Office Manager  in  Prosper, TX
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Prosper, TX

I have been working at Crossland Construction Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Crossland has a story, a good story. It is built on a solid foundation with strong leaders. As a family owned business, it strives to treat and think of all of its employees as extended family. Lots of great values are put into place every day with the education program, giving back to communities, jobsite cookouts, internal awards for achievement/commendable work. Employees are proud to say they work for Crossland.

Cons

Still trying to work to achieve outstanding communication in all areas. When communication fails or is not present, all sorts of complications can arise. Continue to direct employees on career paths, take the time to see where employees want to be and see themselves in the future. If they have a goal to reach for, then they can work to get there. Employees will stay loyal to the company if they feel as though they are working to better themselves and the company.

Help employees achieve more than even they think they are capable of. Put your trust into the employees, push them, don't hinder them. They might prove to more than meet your expectations. Ivan Sr always believed in his employees and looked for their best qualities, he made them believe in themselves and want to do their best for him.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Columbus, KS
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbus, KS

Pros

Challenged every day to do your best because of the example set by CEO and others in management. Invest in employees through training and education. Belief in their Mission Statement. Company is successful because management is always striving to improve, and is sustainable because of their vision.

Cons

Travel. But that goes with the territory in construction, especially in this economy. We have to go where the work is.

Don't lose sight of how you got here. Try new things, but if it doesn't work, give it up. Continue to listen to and reward employees who are doing it right.

Im blessed

Current Employee - Supt  in  Grove, OK
    Current Employee - Supt in Grove, OK

Pros

This is a great place to be, people are so good and helpful. When other company;s are laying off, this company is always hiring and adding jobs.

Cons

Some times you have to travel, and be away for awhile from your family.

Keep up the good work, you are doing a great job.

I have really liked the people I work with and the job I do and I have a really good bosses.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Pros

The people I work with are really good people and not just at work, live good lives. They always are ready to help me if I need it and are happy to do so.

Cons

It's are large company and sometimes you feel that your ideas are not listened to or what you do is not noticed and everyone likes a pat on the back.

Listen to the men in the field more and our customers problems or concerns, which without them none of us will have jobs.

a waste of time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Crossland Construction Company

Pros

decent pay for industry
    Travel
    50 hour work week

Cons

interns are treated bad (expect to be yelled at daily)
    Expect to be stuck in a hole your first summer and second summer
    will move you where the work is and no respect for personal life
    hard on family
    Its construction so expect employers to treat you bad because their trying to under bid there compettion. (Do not work construction)

treat people better

Different rules

Pros

Its a family business. They haven't lost sight of that. Which is a good thing. They will take good care of their 'good' employees. There are lots of politics, but in reality, name one other company that doesn't have politics.The number of offices all over the country is good as well. The company is growing. Their 401K is pretty good.

Cons

There are very different rules for male and female employees. Also, the males are paid more for comparable positions. The vacation policy is well below the industry standard and there is no sick time. The health insurance is a little pricey, but in today's economy that is to be expected.

View men and women as equals. Change the vacation policy. Happy employees are productive and loyal employees.

Worked for Crossland Construction Company? Contribute to the Community!