Crossroads Hospice

CEO

Awesome work place

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Tucker, GA

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule. Great coworkers. Great communication within the company. Attention to detail. Compassion for patient and caregivers.

Cons

Too much micromanagement. On call schedule interfered with work balance life. High turnover due to micromanagement and high turnover.

Work-life balance, on call issues

Minimal management support of staff.

Current Employee - Hospice Nurse
    Current Employee - Hospice Nurse

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice

Pros

It is good to be part of a team that provides such a good service to people at the end of their lives.

Cons

All notes handwritten. Mileage reimbursement REDUCED to 35 cents/mile with explanation that gas prices have gone down (2001 rates!) although mileage is to cover wear/tear/depreciation/insurance of an employee's vehicle. Expectation to compromise personal life over work life. No written P&P manual available--too many differing answers on protocols.

Be more transparent with P&P so staff can determine correct direction and delete guesswork. Be up to date with the IRS mileage reimbursement considering this is an agency that requires all positions to drive from home to home. Hire adequate staff to reduce 50-60 hr workweek and increase employee satisfaction.

Its all about the numbers

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Uniontown, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice

Pros

Salary and free health insurance for employee

Cons

Dont see the value in employees and show no compassion to employees, you are treated like a number and you can be replaced, they hire for positions outside company when there are well qualified applicants within.

Monthly staff meetings should be uplifting and encouraging and not a waste of time. Its an insult to employees who come in on their time off or could be caring for patients when management has nothing to say. You have a month to plan! Im sure something good has happened within the company/team that could be talked about. Bring back reading of the WOW cards.
    Management needs to smile and be more friendly towards staff. They probably dont know the names of half the staff. When changes are made have the courtesy to address them in a meeting, not send an email. Call random employees in once in a while and ask them how things are going, what they love most about their jobs, whats most challenging, or what they think could be improved. Listen to your field staff. Pay attention to how many hours over 40 your salary case managers are working and how busy oncall staff is. We are getting burned out!

I have been working for Crossroads Hospice for three years now and I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are great. The staff is amazing. But most importantly they stand by the mission and believe in what they do. The patient-staff ratios are doable.

Cons

It is hospice, so death and dying will eventually take a toll on you.

Never lose sight of why we are in this line of work and always keep patients the number one priority. (which we do)

THE Hospice provider in Memphis,TN

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Crossroads Hospice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are rarely overpowered and undermanned. Staffing numbers are equal to the tasks at hand. Everyone of the hourly staff seem to really care. Benefit package is average and generous PTO package that must be used yearly.

Cons

Weak support of new hire case managers. Little upward mobility for qualified people. Old school management style and scheduling results in a lot of wage theft due to denied extra/overtime after it has been worked. They abuse the caring nature of their employees and count on them acquiescing when hours worked are denied because they weren't authorized. Weak tuition re-imbursement

After hours people should not be the same people who work in the daytime There is nothing that keeps your turnover rate so abysmmal than this one factor. Employee satisfaction and patient satisfaction would rise dramatically. Stop stealing!

Nice place to work. They seem to care.

Former Employee - RN Case Manager
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager

I worked at Crossroads Hospice full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For the most part, they care about the patients.

Cons

Some employees got preferential treatment compared to others.

Treat your Aides as well as you do your Nurses.

When Crossroads new to area very good 2008, then pressured to bring on patients who did not qualify for hospice.

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Uniontown, OH
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Uniontown, OH

I worked at Crossroads Hospice full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits and expense reimbursements. Training was sufficient. Support when out in the field was very good.

Cons

Pressured to take on patients and make them look hospice appropriate on paper. Many patients hospice criteria was questionable/ or did not meet and nurses and medical directors professional judgements questioned. Crossroads is all about the bottom line and ethics dismissed. Company is private held and profit driven.

This is Hospice. Not about the numbers for the medicare reimbursement.

I have worked for Crossroads for 13 years and am still amazed at this unique company that really values the staff

Current Employee - RN With 35 Years Experience in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - RN With 35 Years Experience in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Their philosophy on hospice is very unique and puts the patient first- always. Benefits are EXCELLENT! Where else can you work where the company pays 100% of the employee's benefits- unheard of. In addition, they are extremely generous in allowing us to do programs that benefit the patients, and very innovative in always coming up with more things we can do for our patient's that there is no reimbursement for. Focus is always on providing the best care possible!! Excellent staff, great support from management and very involved owners. Love, love, love this company.

Cons

paperwork- but that is true no matter where you work as a nurse

Keep doing what you are doing- you have an excellent company and your employee's love you!

Caring People Committed to Patient Care

Current Employee - Staff in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Staff in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people who are sincerely committed to providing the best care to dying patients and their families. Pay for 100% of health insurance for the employee (you do have to pay to add spouses and children).

Cons

Working in hospice can be stressful, but the focus is always providing the support that families need. Staff don't always get a full explanation of why policies change.

Take the time to slow down and explain why decisions are made to help employees understand the goals and get on board.

Meh. It's ok; unsure if I would recommend. They do have excellent patient care.

Current Employee - Social Worker in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a strong commitment to their mission; however, various sites operate according to how the executive director and clinical director operate. If you work for a site that has a bad CD, watch out! Company good as a whole, management can micro-manage because they are so focused on pleasing corporate.

Cons

Exceedingly high turnover, very poor health insurance benefits that are not good and are very expensive. The owner is very cocky; instead of listening to employees when he visits, he will say really cocky comments like "let me show you why you're wrong". No room for advancement, which isn't a problem of the company, but really of the way hospice is structured. Company says they value social workers but demonstrate the opposite.

Seek out advice from employees, don't just make policies then tell us months later...and act like it's a secret. Please offer reimbursement for CEU training; we social workers miss out on a lot of excellent training opportunities because there is no funding available for training.