Crossroads Hospice

Crossroads Hospice Reviews

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I have worked for Crossroads for 13 years and am still amazed at this unique company that really values the staff

RN With 35 Years Experience (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTheir philosophy on hospice is very unique and puts the patient first- always. Benefits are EXCELLENT! Where else can you work where the company pays 100% of the employee's benefits- unheard of. In addition, they are extremely generous in allowing us to do programs that benefit the patients, and very innovative in always coming up with more things we can do for our patient's that there is no reimbursement for. Focus is always on providing the best care possible!! Excellent staff, great support from management and very involved owners. Love, love, love this company.

Conspaperwork- but that is true no matter where you work as a nurse

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing- you have an excellent company and your employee's love you!

Caring People Committed to Patient Care

Staff (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people who are sincerely committed to providing the best care to dying patients and their families. Pay for 100% of health insurance for the employee (you do have to pay to add spouses and children).

ConsWorking in hospice can be stressful, but the focus is always providing the support that families need. Staff don't always get a full explanation of why policies change.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to slow down and explain why decisions are made to help employees understand the goals and get on board.

Meh. It's ok; unsure if I would recommend. They do have excellent patient care.

Social Worker (Current Employee)
Dayton, OH

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company has a strong commitment to their mission; however, various sites operate according to how the executive director and clinical director operate. If you work for a site that has a bad CD, watch out! Company good as a whole, management can micro-manage because they are so focused on pleasing corporate.

ConsExceedingly high turnover, very poor health insurance benefits that are not good and are very expensive. The owner is very cocky; instead of listening to employees when he visits, he will say really cocky comments like "let me show you why you're wrong". No room for advancement, which isn't a problem of the company, but really of the way hospice is structured. Company says they value social workers but demonstrate the opposite.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek out advice from employees, don't just make policies then tell us months later...and act like it's a secret. Please offer reimbursement for CEU training; we social workers miss out on a lot of excellent training opportunities because there is no funding available for training.

Worst leadership ever. Fires everyone else and blames the failures on them instead of her.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Crossroads Hospice full-time

ProsOnly good thing about working there was some of the employees and helping those in need.

ConsTop leadership horrible, never there, needs to look in the mirror.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate needs to open their eyes to who is the real problem.

Wonderful Organization

Volunteer (Current Employee)
Dayton, OH

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice part-time for more than a year

ProsCompassionate and genuine; goes the extra mile for the patients and families in its care.

ConsSome confusion with other Hospice organizations

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps consider a dedicated facility in some of the larger markets it serves.

Sadly not #1 in this industry anymore

Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWork with a lot of great people

ConsIts all about the dollar and over working people

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure there is enough staff to ALWAYS be there for an active dying patient. It would be better if days were back up on call for evening, evenings were back up on call for nights and nights was back up on call for days. It shouldn't all fall on days. When I first started with this company being there for a patient was the ONLY priority. Now the unattended deaths have gone through the roof. And the only priority now is the almighty dollar. We are now just another hospice.

Challenging

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice

ProsSome very talented and dedicated Nurses, CNAs, Chaplains and Social Workers on staff. Most of the staff is friendly. Paid time off is generous. Benefits are good.

ConsEx-Director, CD, ACD's do not communicate to line management or staff in a timely or efficient manner. Policies are changed or implemented arbitrarily. Ex-Director is out of touch with staff and usually not present in the office. Morale is very poor. Management has poor leadership ability. A for-profit company...all about the bottom line. Salary raises cut by 2%.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit with the "rose colored glasses" routine. All is not well at CRH Atlanta. Trim some of the excess fat from the ACD pool.

I was treated like an endentured servant, no respect nor regard for me nor my family

Admissions RN (Former Employee)
Fern Park, FL

I worked at Crossroads Hospice

ProsPay is decent, or was at one time.

ConsThis company is wedded to the hypocritical notion that nurses should be all giving and supremely sacrificing...for their clientele...not towards their own children or other family members. As a nurse, or in any profession, one must agree to sell a certain work product for a certain price...this company lures nurses in (because there are not enough of them) by agreeing to this arrangement, then once you're in, your family will never see you again, until the day you just quit. Furthermore, the company promises you, the nurse, will deliver the sun and the moon, then tries to guilt the nurse into delivering something he or she never bargained for. It is a wholesale bait and switch cheat. As with all such cheats, it appears to work for a bit, maybe make a lot of money (everyone thinks it is a "miracle") but it is not sustainable and it hurts many along the way.

Advice to Senior Management1. Repent and ask God to forgive you- seriously.
2. Go back to school and learn about health care economies and the psychology of the work place, maybe even get a degree.
3. Be honest, stop lying to clientele as well as nurses.
4. Learn the value of humility, get over yourselves.

Aggressively filling a huge need!

Provider Relations (Current Employee)
Akron, OH

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice

ProsCaring, Bold, Aggressive, Passionate, Dedicated, Fun, Loyal, Committed, Follow-through are just some of the words I think of when I think of this company. I came to work for Crossroads because it has been the only hospice I will refer to since they came to town 7 years ago (or so). I figured I was giving them so much business because of how awesome they are, I should get paid for it!! :-)

Consgrowing too fast. need to have more mid-level managers on the non-clinical side and less mid-level managers on the clinical side

Crossroads Hospice is a company you can be proud to work for!!!

Provider Relations (Current Employee)
Green, OH

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice

ProsCrossroads really does do the right thing just because it is the right thing to do. It is by far the best company I have ever worked for. It is not perfect, no place is but they sure are working towards being the best they can be. It is the most rewarding job I have ever had.

ConsWish our family benefits were less expensive. Wish that the public truly understood our role in the healthcare continuum.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep doing what your doing... Keep striving to be the most innovative and compassionate hospice company out there. Keep doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do.

Worked for Crossroads Hospice? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crossroads Hospice reviews and ratings. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Crossroads Hospice employees.