Crossroads Trading Reviews

1 Rating

1. Solid part-time job

Former Employee - Buyer
    Former Employee - Buyer

I worked at Crossroads Trading part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Getting to work with really awesome people and having the opportunity as a buyer to have first pick on the clothes that come into the store.

Cons

Management can be really picky about the quality of your work and give unfair employee reviews.

Understand that buyers have different buying styles which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

2. Great clothes, poor recognition

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Crossroads Trading

Pros

Great to gain merchandising, buying, and customer service experience in retail. Perfect part-time job for fashion students.

Cons

Extremely low pay, little recognition, and usually under-staffed.

3. Very fast paced

I worked at Crossroads Trading

Pros

Friendly co-workers: I got to know many of them and they were very supportive. The only thing that kept me going.

Cons

Very fast paced environment. If you don't move fast don't work here, you will get overwhelmed. Had management problems and forced to work long hours and additional days.

5. Strict, Stressful, Strenuous

Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Crossroads Trading part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Cool customers youd otherwise never come into contact with
    Chill

Cons

Strict management: a write up is their first option for any and EVERYTHING
    Micro-managed

Change disciplinary system its killing your bussiness.

Overall a good company to work for who care about their employees. I would recommend working there to other people.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Crossroads Trading full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

401K, opportunity to grow when starting out, getting to decide what we sell in our store, fast pace environment, owners are nice people.

Cons

Long hours, not good work life balance , difficult customer interactions daily, no room to grow after you hit a certain level.

recognize how hard staff works and offer more perks for employees, special treats or incentives needed for staff working on holidays, encourage more work / life balance for your employees so they don't get burned out.

great company

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Buyer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Buyer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Crossroads Trading part-time (less than a year)

Pros

great people, deals, and experience gained.

Cons

my particular store was too busy and we never seemed to have enough help.

each store is different

8. Awesome benefits, but ultimately not worth it

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Buyer

I worked at Crossroads Trading part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I only loved my job for the benefits, I would buy clothes every week with a great discount. Management at my store was good with accepting time off and accommodating school and other work schedules. This was a second job for me and only worked 6 months for Crossroads. They offer really great benefits for those who need it (full time employees). Training is very thorough.

Cons

Pay is not worth the job and every year you're up for a promotion or raise. I feel that a year is way too long for those, especially if it was your only job. I have had more experience in the restaurant industry and my 6 months here I realized people can get away with being rude or off-putting to customers. I did not like this at all. The 25 year old assistant manager was almost never nice, even to employees unless you have known her for a long time or spent time with her outside work. I never felt like I belonged while working here. As much as I love clothes and fashion, I always dreaded going to work.

Teach employees to treat customers and coworkers how they would like to be treated in return. It really does go a long way, especially in feedback forums like yelp or google, where customers tend to decide to spend their money based on the reviews.

It's a fast paced atmosphere with friendly coworkers and amazingly priced merchandise.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Crossroads Trading part-time

Pros

The experience you gain at this company even as a sales associate is great, and training is extremely thorough. The environmentally friendly concept is really smart, and encourages customers to come into the store daily. Don't be afraid to ask questions, managers are super helpful with any concerns and stick to the idea that no question is a stupid question. If you are passionate about the company, it is totally doable to move up in your position.

Cons

You must be able to work weekends, shifts vary and pay is low.

10. Not Impressed

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Buyer

I worked at Crossroads Trading full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning about fashion, trends and obtaining general retail experience were really the only positive factors at this job.

Cons

As a former full-time employee who worked at both Hollywood, Pasadena and Silverlake locations, I can only speak from my experience at these stores.

1) Breaks are few and far between, there have been one to many instances where I, along with other employee's, were neglected our breaks. This is unacceptable, and not to mention against the law.

2)Scheduling is by far the worst aspect of this company. Although managers usually create the schedule 1 week in advance, it is by no means set in stone. Rather, managers often change shifts at a whim without consulting you first. From my experience, filling out an availability form will not help. For those of you in school, be prepared to deal with overlapping schedules and constantly fighting for your specified days off. In general, be prepared to have your shifts changed without notice, and mostly on your days off- and then subsequently given a verbal/written warning about YOUR lack of attention to the ever changing schedule. Also, as a Crossroads employee you are assigned to work at any LOCATION without your consent or notice.

3) Customers at these locations can be abusive/rude/generally sadistic. While this is something the store cannot control, they can however, appropriately support their staff when dealing with these types of customers. This company takes the age-old stance of " The customer is always right" even when they're not, even when their sadistic, even when they bend the truth to get the best deal.

4) Tag Guns, are unsafe. Period. Not all the stores still carry/use the traditional tag guns but in my experience, tag guns were the main way of attaching clothing tags. While we all were assigned our "own" tag gun ( for safety purposes) you would share your tag gun on a daily basis. And while you were supposed to change out the needle every time, this would hardly happen, resulting in multiple employee's being pricked by the SAME needle. This needs to change.

5) Upper management is mostly unresponsive to staff needs, and only focuses on increasing revenue. Have a complaint about ANYTHING? Expect to hear " If your not happy here, there are other options- you can quit" Not surprising, Crossroads has a high turn over rate- even with managers.

1) VALUE your employee's and their rights. Breaks, lunches, time off policies, and schedule's need to be consistent and not " subject to change by employer". This is unethical, and a serious downfall of this company.

2) DITCH the tag guns, period. Find a new method for tagging clothing that doesn't draw blood.

3) Take complaints SERIOUSLY, keeping your employee's happy will result in a well-rounded company, and success is sure to follow.

4) Maybe think of a new District Manager

11. Great place to learn more about fashion

Current Employee - Buyer
    Current Employee - Buyer

I have been working at Crossroads Trading part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Crossroads Trading Co. has a great concept and is an up and coming company!

Cons

Vacation time isn't granted for the first six months of working which really puts a bind if you like to travel or are a student needing to go home for breaks. Low pay, and long hard hours make it tough on your body and mind.

The stores look uncomfortable and unwelcoming. The atmosphere is a little pretentious and makes people who don't know a lot about fashion uncomfortable!

Crossroads Trading Photos