Crosstex Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Crosstex Energy President, CEO, and Director Barry E. Davis

Barry E. Davis

An outstanding, family oriented environment.

I have been working at Crosstex Energy full-time

ProsGreat management, family organizational mentality, wide opportunity for professional growth, competitive salary

ConsBenefits on the lower side of the Oil and Gas Industry

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the companies culture

Very interesting....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Crosstex Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsYou will learn the industry very quickly.

ConsThe company is not very organized. They made a major acquisition in Ohio and it's still a mess after 1 1/2 years. This has to do alot with the system consultants that were hired. Also, not much focus has been placed on the producers that helped build the Ohio operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the Ohio/KY/WV producers.....they're who helped get the Ohio operations to where they're at today.

Engineering Internship

Engineering Intern (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Crosstex Energy as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat people to work with and learn from, lot's of opportunity to get out in the field as well as contribute to projects.

ConsNot a very structured internship program so there's not always something to do.

Excellent Career Starter-Zero Red Tape

Engineer (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Crosstex Energy

ProsLots of responsibility given to young employees especially in the engineering sector. New Engineers/Business hires with small amounts of experience enter a one year training program where you rotate through each major division.

Crosstex is fast growing with lots of opportunities for promotion. Young engineers manage large projects that are not available to work on at other companies. The work environment is very young; most first level manager's are around thirty years old. Lots of opportunities to prove what you can do.

I would highly recommend Crosstex versus major Oil companies in terms of learning and responsibility. Crosstex does not have large bureaucracies the majors do and you can move as fast as you want to work for it.

ConsCompensation runs around industry average. Not very much emphasis on structured re-training (MBA/Masters/PhD) although there are some exceptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior managers spend a lot of time with all employees. Improve by allowing more performance based bonuses and/or pay and offering more compensation for training.

Worked for Crosstex Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crosstex Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Crosstex Energy CEO Barry E. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by Crosstex Energy employees.