Crothall Services
www.crothall.com Wayne, PA 5000+ Employees

Crothall Services Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014
Crothall Services – US – “In the office late one night”

Bobby Kutteh

Cmpany that offers opportunities for advancment and career growth

Operations Manager EVS (Former Employee)

ProsWork with great people
Rewarding job on a daily basis
Great opportunities for advancment
Allows you to make a differance in people's lives daily
Good environment to utilize creative solutions and problem solving
Good environment to be able to work on weak areas and higlight strengths

ConsI was required to work long hours and weekends, particularly in the beginning. Due to the lack of structure that was prevelent, BEFORE Crothall took over the account, and the heavy union presence, working with the employees could be trying and difficult at times. Also there was not much support from the upper managment when dealing with problems. The pay was lower then the work and time entailed- for the amount of time and effort given on my part, the compensation pailed.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a true environment of support. Allow Managers to problem solve and brain storm, while recieving feedback for their efforts. Focus as much on the positive as the negative.

Work hard, Low pay

Housekeeper (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Crothall Services full-time for more than a year

ProsAt the location, I worked for in Florida, the managers are very nice. You have the ability to work independently and start on your own time as long as job is completed before deadline.

ConsThey make you drive your vehicle to each location. If you are eligible to be compensated for gas replenishment, then it takes over a month and a half to receive your funds back. Not much room for promotions and no increase in pay after working for them a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore use of company vehicles for employees that drive miles away from there location. Better salary.

On a fast track through management training

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Crothall Services full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat management training program, called MIT. An abundance of training is available and if your site allows you should soak up every opportunity.

ConsOver promised and under delivered on the opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRedefine how you communicate to operations managers opportunities for advancement. Also, take a strong look at how they are compensated because the pay on average is 20% lower than market.

Worked for Crothall for three years now and it seems to be getting worse not better.

Housekeeper (Current Employee)
Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Crothall Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are none the worse place I have ever worked for.

ConsNo communication between upper management to supervisors. The supervisors tell other employees personal information about other employees. They compete against each other like we're in high school! I am a hard worker I have been doing the work of three people! God forbid you voice your opinion about how we're getting treated they ride your but till you can't take it anymore! We have a very large group of Spanish people who get away with so much that the white people are treated more like slaves then anything. I think Crothall is so afraid of getting accused of being racist against them that we get all the scrap jobs and are the ones running circles around them. They are told over and over again how to do the job right but continue to do what they want. We are constantly going over their mistakes like we have time to even fit our jobs in we have to do theirs too! There isn't a day that goes by that our management adds more to our lists to do. None of the managers have ever done any of our jobs so they have no idea what it entails to get the floor done. We are so tired at the ends of the day we can hardly walk out the door to go home. We are always watched and if we lean against the wall for two minutes we're asked why are you standing there. Really??? Housekeeping IS the hardest job in the hospital. And constantly being watched and putting more work on us is ridiculous! Especially getting paid less then 9.00 an hour! By the way when I first applied the supervisor lied to me saying within a year I would be making over 10.00 an hour! Yea ok! 3 years later still not making 9. I can't even afford where I live paying $600.00 a month and for what? I found another job at a competitive hospital that's willing to pay me for the same job 4.00 more plus insurance! I cannot wait for the day I can give Crothall the finger for the last time and go on to bigger and better things!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn all the jobs before hiring a manager and have them do it for a month straight then if they can handle all of it then they can tell their employees what to do!

I've enjoyed the time working with this company. It's an easy job with high expectations.

Operations Manager EVS (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Crothall Services full-time for more than a year

ProsYou have a huge support system.

ConsCorporate HR is heartless and I don't approve.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the way you handle write ups. Other than that, at least for the Southeastern region, Mark Giuliani you are the best.

Very Dissatiefied

I have been working at Crothall Services

Prosthey do not have nothing good

Consthey play with your needs

Advice to Senior Managementgo to hell

Crothall

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Crothall Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDiversity of people at account

Conslittle or no communication with last director

Advice to Senior Managementlet mid management be more involved

Great place to work

Director of Biomedical Services (Current Employee)
Gainesville, TX

I have been working at Crothall Services full-time for more than a year

Prosthey support you what you do..

ConsNo cons up to this point

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the goodwork guys

A wild ride with all the promises....used for your expertice & efforts only to be discarded.

Upper Account Management (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Crothall Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCrothall has good core programs.
Was a quality focused company.
Fast tracked if you fit "Diversity" standards.
Buys market share

ConsSInce purchased by Compass, Crothall upper leadership has to appease and justify their jobs to "Big Brother" with a plethura of new programs. This turns into jumping through numerous hoops for the flavor of the month programs and takes you and your team away from the core of the business - cleaning! Example: Diversity - Crothall started a divesity program that has fast tracked some of the most incompetent Directors to fill a requirement and keep them in good graces with Compass. Crothall who once had a depth of knowledge and experience has turned itself into a empty faberge egg (pretty impressive on the outside - but nothing inside).

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to what made you great - quality, quality, quality!

Humbling

Operations Manager EVS (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Crothall Services full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity to advance, and/or gain experience in order to grow somewhere else. Great for entry-level college students. A lot can be gained by learning how to manage a hospitals infrastructure (minus the nurses and doctors).

ConsInsurance could be better. Lack of sincere appreciation towards staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your OM's... They are hypothetically a TOYOTA PRIUS, very efficient and can make your life easier .

Worked for Crothall Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crothall Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Crothall Services CEO Bobby Kutteh. All 44 reviews posted anonymously by Crothall Services employees.