Crowdtap

Crowdtap Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Not yet rated.

Sean Foster

If the "Best Company of all TIME" police are around, somebody get me a really good a lawyer!

Manager, Strategic Relationships (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe culture is remarkable. I would literally consider every single person on my team a friend, most of them great friends. The 100% trust in all of us to do our jobs makes for a very rewarding environment where you never feel like someone is breathing down your neck and they're always there for you if you need any support. The open door policy to any and every employee from account strategist to CEO also makes Crowdtap an inspiring place to be. The compensation is fair, the benefits are great, the holiday schedule is one fit for the gods themselves (aka it's great), the social events are mind blowing, our growth trajectory is remarkable, and most of all, the Crowdtap product is PHENOMENAL!

ConsCons? What Cons? I guess because my response requires a 20 word minimum I can say the one area of improvement for Crowdtap is the Green Tea in the kitchen, not my personal favorite, but I think I'll live ;)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being awesome, all the management is great! I'm particularly lucky because the head of my team is a legend in his space, a real king amongst men.

Account Strategist

Account Strategy (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAMAZING. The culture is incredible. The people are kind, smart, creative and ambitious. From day 1, I felt welcomed and valued as a team player. Everyone is so willing to help you learn and grow.

ConsThe pay is a tad low, but it IS a startup. The hours can be somewhat long, but I love my job, so I don't mind.
    Overall, I really don't have any complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the indredible work.

Cutting edge tech and social media company with a strong startup culture

Lead Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Management processes embrace change and innovation
    - Very friendly working atmosphere
    - Stellar growth in a very hot industry (social media)
    - Amazing place to learn and develop solid skills
    - All contributions are impactful on the business

Cons- Stock options compensations are low in my opinion (salaries are good though)
    - Organization is rather flat (which is a good thing and a bad thing)

Advice to Senior Management- Accentuate stock options and promotion incentives in the company to retain talents

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work Hard. Play Hard. The culture everyone dreams about.

Senior Product Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe screening process for joining Crowdtap is like none I've ever experienced. You spend the day "pairing" with your potential coworkers while being brought up to speed on all internal process. Every time a candidate interviews in our office, it feels like a team building exercise.

The team consists of some of the brightest young men and women in the space. The management process is one of a kind, and super collaborative -- everyone has a voice in the product and organization.

The culture caters to those who work hard and want to learn outside their comfort zone. Everyone is encouraged to take time to skill-share.

Cutting edge technology focus puts the tech team a tier above all others.

ConsFast growth means the space is in danger of becoming cramped. Good problems to have!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep this culture, no matter how large the organization grows.

Smarts, Ambition + Great Culture.

Biz Dev (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEveryone at Crowdtap seems to have a likeminded view that while we're all here to do big, important things, we don't have to take ourselves too seriously along the way. A culture of fun permeates the company -- between the dogs running around, beer taps in the conference rooms and a game room -- but not at the expense of the company's success. Everyone is super smart, incredibly ambitious and motivated but the team collaboration, selflessness and mutual respect is unlike anyplace I've worked before.

ConsThere's the typical controlled chaos of an early stage company. Management believes in autonomy and accountability so if you're looking for mirco-management and limited responsibilities, this might not be the best environment for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the attention to work-life balance! More Donkey Parties!

Amazing Place to work!!

BD Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOne of the best companies I have ever had the chance to work with. The culture here is unmatched & the momentum we have in incredible!

ConsGrowing very quickly can present many challenges to a startup! But we get through them by working together.

Best job I've ever had

Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsReal independence in setting and achieving your goals, autonomy, transparency of management, work with incredibly smart but humble people, amazing benefits and perks

ConsNo real cons (maybe get another foosball table)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't screw this up! We love working here and the environment you've created

Shangri-La in Noho

ProsCrowdtap is, without a doubt, the best company I have every worked for. The people are cooperative and friendly. Management is responsive and focused. The benefits are great. The office is comfortable. The company excels in keeping employees happy and motivated. Because of all of this, the people I work with are not only excited to come to work but proud of what they do and eager to deliver outstanding results.

ConsI am hard pressed to find a con to working here. As we continue to grow, the office can feel cozy at times - but that's hardly a negative!

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my time here, management has fluidly adapted to each new challenge they are presented with. It's hard to imagine giving them advice, when they have yet to lead us in the wrong direction!

Energetic, fun-loving, passionate environment building great products

Lead Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCrowdtap's biggest selling point for any potential employee is definitely the people you'll get to work with. Everyone is smart, dedicated, and passionate about building a great company. As developers, we have the luxury of having responsibility and stake in the decision making process when building new features. This is very different from most other companies where what is to be built is dictated upon to the developers. The management team is well aware of what is happening and does a great job of empowering everyone to work responsibly, and also communicate well about policy changes, board sentiments, etc. In addition, having unlimited time-off, healthy snacks, company-outings, etc. all make this a great place to work at.

ConsAs the company grows, the space that houses Crowdtap appears to be shrinking. So, Crowdtap needs to grow into a bigger place. This is a good problem to have, however.

Awesome place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAmazing coworkers -- seriously, some of the nicest people I've ever met. Great benefits. Treated as an adult and given responsibility to get things done. Management trusts their employees and looks to them for suggestions. Great place to learn new things and be very productive. Communication is great across the team. Every Friday there is a retrospective to thank people who helped us throughout the week, discuss any issues that came up for us, and work out solutions.

ConsNone that I can really think of. You just need to make sure you are responsible about your work and communicative of any issues that might come up and you'll be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job!

Worked for Crowdtap? Contribute to the Community!