Crowe Horwath

Crowe Horwath Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Crowe Horwath CEO Chuck Allen

Chuck Allen

Pros:
  • "Flexible work arrangements help with work life balance"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Great people, amazing clients, and the ability to apply your college education"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance is not as flexible as marketed"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Horrible work/life balance under the Crowe Horwath senior management"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Crowe Horwath

I worked at Crowe Horwath

ProsGood environment to learn, Accessible partners

ConsWork/Life Balance, inconsistent promotion requirements, focused on chargeability rather than contribution to company success.

Over all a good company to work for.

Property Tax Paraprofessional (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood Benefits, worked with nice people

Consno work-life balance, was not treated like a professional adult, worked crazy hours and no recognition or thank you for a job well done.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was promoted to a new position and within 10 months my manager decided to resign. It was decided by the Partners that all the work be transitioned to the corporate office. After 10 years of hard work for the company, my new position was eliminated. Another position within the firm could not be found for me. With the way technology is today, I find it hard to believe that nothing could be found for me working remotely with another office. I was a hard working and dedicated employee. I felt very un-appreciated for my efforts. It was shocking and very hurtful.

Assurance Intern

I have been working at Crowe Horwath

ProsGreat people and learned a lot from each one of them. Very challenging experience that has helped me professionally over the years.

ConsThe economy was poor and therefore work was limited at times. Very grateful for Crowe for honoring the internship when other firms canceled internships.

Political Landmine.

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time

ProsBenefits are very competitive, as is PTO. Employees are given all of the technology necessary to do their jobs well.

ConsVery political - advancement, raises, and bonuses are directly tied to if you are part of the "club" vs. your abilities and contributions. Lack of direction at the Divisional Leadership level leads to dissatisfied employees, but those who speak up with ideas to streamline or improve processes are targeted and labeled as difficult. Make no mistake, these folks end up with their jobs being "eliminated" rather than anything productive being done.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop leadership needs to get involved, find out what is going on culturally at the lower and mid-levles and make these "rogue" Divisional Leaders accountable for improvements and keeping A players challenged. Stop accepting the culture of mediocrity, as this could be a good firm if the culture is rehabilitated.

It Audit

IT Audit Staff (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Crowe Horwath full-time for less than a year

ProsEnvironment, people, work life balance, flexibility

ConsPay, training could be better

Typical hours of a public accounting firm.

Staff Auditor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Crowe Horwath full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of different engagements with smaller teams to learn a lot more.

ConsLong hours on some engagements and a lack of industry focus at the lower levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make your underlings as happy as possible by finding them work they want to do as opposed to just throwing them around.

I worked with Crowe earlier in my life and it was an experience that impacted me for my future

Associate (Former Employee)
South Bend, IN

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best reason for working with Crowe Horwath is the idea of togetherness and security.

ConsAlthough, I was let go, I would considering reemployment with Crowe because of their work ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider I have completed my bachelor degree and I would be a great asset to the company.

Good Place to Work

Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Crowe Horwath full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople are great, smaller company so you're able to get a lot more viability, employees have been around for a long time which definitely says a lot about a company.

Consinternal systems, to many people involved in all different processes which make it hard to really "own" something

Advice to Senior Managementspend more money on internal processes, technology, and systems. when people are frustrated by the process, they're frustrated about everything work related.

Great place to work as an intern

Audit Associate (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Crowe Horwath as an intern for less than a year

ProsOn my second day as an intern, I already had several dates set up to travel to clients. I was impressed! They talked on day one about not being a "glorified stapler" as an intern, but they really kept their promise. I gained a lot of valuable experience and got a good feel for what everyday life would be like full-time.

ConsNot a big 4 firm, so not many locations throughout the country.

Great

I worked at Crowe Horwath

ProsInteresting, I learned a lot.

ConsIt was not very organized.

Worked for Crowe Horwath? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crowe Horwath reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Crowe Horwath CEO Chuck Allen. All 183 reviews posted anonymously by Crowe Horwath employees.