Crowe Horwath

Crowe Horwath Reviews in Nashville, TN

Crowe Horwath CEO Chuck Allen

Chuck Allen

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Wide variety of assignments, great people, very supportive, awesome intern experience.

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Crowe Horwath as an intern for less than a year

ProsMy internship at the Nashville office of Crowe Horwath proved to be a fantastic learning experience. I never felt like I was doing unnecessary busy work. I was able to learn and navigate multiple software packages while being exposed to every stage of an average engagement. What stood out the most was the amount of support I received from not only staff and senior staff, but also partners and managers. A+ Internship experience that I would recommend to any accounting student looking to work in Nashville!

ConsThere were no cnegatives for me during my brief stint at Crowe.

Great Company

Tax Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Crowe Horwath as an intern for less than a year

ProsI had an awesome experience working an internship. Everyone was very helpful and commited to me succeeding.

ConsI had to work a lot of hours due to busy season, but that is expected when working in public accounting

Crowe Horwath is a good place to get experience, but not a good place to get paid.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Crowe Horwath

ProsExposure to complex clients
Ability to learn
Access to partners
Marginal ability to set your own schedule
Generous PTO program

ConsSalary
Bonus
Talk a good game regarding work life balance, but doesn't back it up
Wants to be big four while advertising that they are an uniuque alternative.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to understand that they have severly underpaid their good employees and the market realizes this. Why does management this that employee retention is well below average?

A decent place to work besides industry.

Senior Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Crowe Horwath

ProsThe coworkers that I work with. They are the ones who get me through the day, not the comapny it self. Crowe has done well hiring people who fit in the atmosphere. The ones that don't fit in are typically the poor performers and are gone within a busy season or two anyway. The benefits package is good. The working space could be better. The clients are mostly good, because they are small manufacturers and are low risk. If you arenot happy in your specific group, you can easily change business units. The small office atmosphere at Crowe works well. Overall it is a good place to work.

ConsThe downside to Crowe is that you are going to be around a bunch of competitive personalities. Recently Crowe has been getting some of the big 4 rejects, who feel their need to push their personality on the current staff. This could be a bad thing four a company that claims to be a unique alternative to the big 4.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would ask that Sr. Management look at the sacrifices they made as a staff member and think about how they felt when they ask staff members to make similar sacrifices.

Worked for Crowe Horwath? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crowe Horwath reviews and ratings in Nashville, TN — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Crowe Horwath CEO Chuck Allen. All reviews posted anonymously by Crowe Horwath employees.