Crowe Horwath

Crowe Horwath Reviews in Nashville, TN

3.2

Crowe Horwath CEO Chuck Allen
Chuck Allen

Pros
  • A good work life balance is generally attainable (in 15 reviews)

• Great people who live by the firm's values and truly care about colleagues and clients (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • However, I think the work-life balance is probably better than it would be somewhere else where the pay would be better (in 33 reviews)

• Horrible work/life balance under the Crowe Horwath senior management (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Wide variety of assignments, great people, very supportive, awesome intern experience.

Former Intern - Intern in Nashville, TN
    Former Intern - Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at Crowe Horwath as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

My internship at the Nashville office of Crowe Horwath proved to be a fantastic learning experience. I never felt like I was doing unnecessary busy work. I was able to learn and navigate multiple software packages while being exposed to every stage of an average engagement. What stood out the most was the amount of support I received from not only staff and senior staff, but also partners and managers. A+ Internship experience that I would recommend to any accounting student looking to work in Nashville!

Cons

There were no cnegatives for me during my brief stint at Crowe.

Overall, a good place to wrk

Former Employee - Audit Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Audit Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture of the Nashville office seems better than other locations. I think this mainly stems from the quality people managing the Nashville office. I feel valued on a personal level, and not just as an employee.

Cons

I don't know for sure, but I believe pay is below average to average. However, I think the work-life balance is probably better than it would be somewhere else where the pay would be better.

Great Company

Former Intern - Tax Intern in Nashville, TN
    Former Intern - Tax Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at Crowe Horwath as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I had an awesome experience working an internship. Everyone was very helpful and commited to me succeeding.

Cons

I had to work a lot of hours due to busy season, but that is expected when working in public accounting

Crowe Horwath is a good place to get experience, but not a good place to get paid.

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Crowe Horwath

Pros

Exposure to complex clients
    Ability to learn
    Access to partners
    Marginal ability to set your own schedule
    Generous PTO program

Cons

Salary
    Bonus
    Talk a good game regarding work life balance, but doesn't back it up
    Wants to be big four while advertising that they are an uniuque alternative.

Management needs to understand that they have severly underpaid their good employees and the market realizes this. Why does management this that employee retention is well below average?

A decent place to work besides industry.

Current Employee - Senior Staff in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Staff in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Crowe Horwath

Pros

The coworkers that I work with. They are the ones who get me through the day, not the comapny it self. Crowe has done well hiring people who fit in the atmosphere. The ones that don't fit in are typically the poor performers and are gone within a busy season or two anyway. The benefits package is good. The working space could be better. The clients are mostly good, because they are small manufacturers and are low risk. If you arenot happy in your specific group, you can easily change business units. The small office atmosphere at Crowe works well. Overall it is a good place to work.

Cons

The downside to Crowe is that you are going to be around a bunch of competitive personalities. Recently Crowe has been getting some of the big 4 rejects, who feel their need to push their personality on the current staff. This could be a bad thing four a company that claims to be a unique alternative to the big 4.

I would ask that Sr. Management look at the sacrifices they made as a staff member and think about how they felt when they ask staff members to make similar sacrifices.

Crowe Horwath Photos