Crown Bolt Reviews

Updated April 18, 2014

2.5

Crown Bolt President Jon Michael Adinolfi
Jon Michael Adinolfi

An Awesome company who takes care of their employees

I have been working at Crown Bolt full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent pay, the most vacation time/holidays, paid time off in the industry, great benefits package including 401K match and stock ownership program, great management.

Cons

Hard work,Hard work,Hard work,Hard work,Hard work,Hard work,Hard work,Hard work,Hard work,Hard work,

work/life balance can become off balance very quickly

Horrible leadership

Former Employee - Assistant Support Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Support Manager

I worked at Crown Bolt full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits when it comes to paid time off.

Cons

Poor leadership throughout. Fingerprinting over problem solving. Could careless about field staff or work loads.

Now that I am no longer with the company and can offer an unbiased opinion without losing my job, I would say this. Higher level management needs to conduct open honest discussions with field staff. The current culture is one based out of fear of speaking up because they feel they may be retaliated upon.

Simply out when a manager continues to play dumb to issues in their area after a subordinate leaved it should be a red flag.

Cut out the good old boys club and train your managers one on one rather than relying on surveys and web based programs.

Pay yor employees what they are worth.

When employees have several high volume stores and high volume territories with the same staffing as lower volume stores or areas stop blaming them for not getting the little things done.

Stop putting and emphasis on sales when they have little or ability to controll sales without getting reprimanded for over ordering then being told you better not have an out of stock.

Stop lying to your employees.

Don't know the future of this company.

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Crown Bolt full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good company to work for with great benefits.

Cons

not a good company to advance, you don't get recognized, manuel labor is very stressful you get burned out.

management needs to get retrained, start from the bottom and work there way up.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too bad they sold out :(

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Newark, DE

I worked at Crown Bolt full-time for more than a year

Pros

You worked on your own. Didnt have anyone to really answer too.

Cons

They sold the business to Home Depot and EVERYTHING changed

None

Best company out there if you like playing games and politics

Former Employee - Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Crown Bolt full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working early, boss not always around. Starting pay is better than minimum wage.

Cons

You usually put up 2-3 pallets everyday but when the freight didnt show up you pretty much work double amount pallets on the following week, they do not have sufficient amount of man power to do the work, especially on some high volume home depot. Management is doing a poor job of distributing man power, you'll see one store go not freight but withing 20 miles another store got 5-6 pallets.
    When there are merchandisers being late, leave early, long lunch long breaks with a low volume store and refuse to go help others, management just couldnt care less, there are no manager will show up at 6am and do investigation.
    Manager always leave message about to call him when you needed help but 90% of the time when you call him he will turn you down and tell you to work more efficiently.

As a company in the retail industry they are really pushing the sales like a life insurance company, as a primary merchandiser of the store you'll receive a lot of pressure from your boss for not ordering enough even though you stuffed the overhead and there are no more space anywhere to put the products, and its funny that they'll tell you to order from the rate of
    sales in group voice mail.

Company seems going very aggressive in expanding their business, you'll see new products line almost every year. Which means a lot of new reset/cut in need to be done on top of you pallets without hiring new employees for the extra work.

for the benefits part, medical insurance went up about 15-20% every year. Salary raise about 1.5% , no bonus about every 2 years you get a $25 giftcard

Do not promote somebody for the manager (DM/ASM) position only because they're a good merchandiser, a good merchandiser but lack in communication skill and poor leadership just going to lead the company in failure.

It's OK but don't expect a long tern tenure unless you are in management or willing to play politics.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Crown Bolt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You have a job that pays.

Cons

Don't expect a salary increase. A lot of people leave on their own disgruntled, gets laid off or even worse given 'warnings' to take them out.

For starters you guys can follow your company's values. Make decisions like you are highly educated.

Apparently I hit the management jackpot...

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Boston, MA

I have been working at Crown Bolt full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was sought out and encouraged to apply for this position. I was working for Home
    Depot at the time and was busting my hindparts and getting paid up to $4 less ($10.50) an hour than some slacker peers; my pay rate was "grandfathered in" from another position. When I got hired @ Crown Bolt, they sounded genuinely sorry that they couldn't give me more than $14.50 to start. Unbelievable. My management team turns out to be not only competent, but capable! Not only can they perform the duties and tasks required by merchandisers, but they do them VERY WELL. They also CARE! What a concept! I truly feel as though the feedback I get from reviews is geared to improve my performance and get me to a higher level of execution. I am very happy doing this physical work. It's just different enough day to day, store to store, to keep my mind occupied and my skillset challenged.
    Benefits are OK considering it's a corporation. Paid day off to go get my yearly physical? Sure!

Cons

The freight company used in this area is incompetent. Non-deliveries and falsely reported "store refusals" cause us merchandisers to have to reschedule ourselves constantly. Good thing I don't have kids... I'd be late picking them up from school/day care all the time! From the field it feels as though we are the "red-headed step-children" of the business. Aside from monthly voicemails from our friendly-but-disembodied HR and "weekly letters" filled with unknown execu-jargon, we are isolated. The money pool for monetary review raises is quite small. Would like to see dollars, not single-digit percentages. There is also VERY little room for promotion or lateral movement. Granted, this is a REMOTE FIELD position.

Simplify the "Company Values" and at least INFORM us of what they are... or are you just Capitalizing Important Points?
    Promote, encourage, and reward field managers who know how to do the jobs of their employees. People like them make the world work well.
    Allow the creation of a few "floater" merchanding associates in each district to assist merchandisers during the busy season... Our managers have lives, too, and they shouldn't be forced to work 80 hours a week just to keep up!

Rapid change from entrepreneurial to bottom line company left a lot of good people out of a job.

Former Employee - Management  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Crown Bolt full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Quite a few of old line middle management people were crowded out by Stanley and Black & Decker castoff's

Cons

Too many to number. Very political and polarizing. If you were not in the inner click you were kept in the dark. Customer relationship was strained by heavy handed negotiations and contract.

4 presidents in 5 years should tell you something about the direction of the company.

Great place to work if you are looking for hours.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Carlisle, PA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Carlisle, PA

I have been working at Crown Bolt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Over time available. Nice people. Easy work. Decent pay.

Cons

Management lies to your face. Supervisors are mean & talk to you in an inappropriate manor. Raises are the worst that I have ever seen at any company. VERY VERY VERY cheap company; Don't expect them so sacrifice a single extra dollar that they are not obligated to.

Stop being so cheap. Improve safety & overall cleanliness of the DC by allowing more associates to be Hired. The warehouse has too much work that needs to be done & not enough associates to keep a clean & safe place to work.

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Carlisle, PA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Carlisle, PA

I have been working at Crown Bolt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Very friendly and accomodating. The supervisors are nice for the most part and the pay is good. Also nice benefits!

Cons

Not real easy to move up.

Worked for Crown Bolt? Contribute to the Community!