Crown Castle International

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Crown Castle International President, CEO, and Director Ben Moreland

Ben Moreland

Lots of fun!

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsI am having a lot of fun working here. They have great benefits and are really good to all the employees. If you need something, they will find a way to make it happen. Very friendly atmosphere and easy to fall into a grove. They like to eat a lot and laugh a lot! Really happy with my new job! This is a great company to work for!

ConsThey grew really quickly so the training is a bit rough. They went from a smaller/midsize company to a mid/large size company very quickly. This has cause the obvious stretch marks in the structure. Easy enough to handle though.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of the upper management is very helpful and very kind. My first week here I was already going over my career path with my bosses, bosses, boss.

Wonderful!

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosgreat place to work, no micromanage

ConsThey give you so much food its asy to gain weight

Incredible Company & Place To Work!

ProsCrown Castle has a phenomenal leadership team, and a great environment/culture. The company is very family oriented. Crown Castle also compensates very well, has great benefits, and is generous with paid time off. The leadership team and stakeholders also put a major emphasis on setting their employees up for retirement.

ConsWith all of the great talent here, it can be hard to stand out! But this is not a bad thing! Surrounding yourself around talented professionals will only help better your own skills and knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep Crown Castle's environment & culture at the top of the list of importance.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!

Intern (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsVery nice facilities, great co-workers, flexible hours

ConsVery few, I had an amazing summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great learning experience with Crown Castle.

Construction Manager (Former Employee)
    San Juan, PR

ProsGreat group of people committed to their jobs. Nice environment, felt welcome and at ease. Much emphasis on individual performance, one of the perks of the job I've got to travel the whole island. I was provided with everything I needed to do the job.

ConsSometimes management will withhold information without apparent reason, this information will sometimes become important in performing my duties; have to find out by myself what was happening. Lack of communication will sometimes alter my work schedule and seldom asked to be at two or three towers at the same time. Two justify expenses was sometimes a hassle, need to justify everything and month and a half into the job, I was alone doing the work of three Construction Managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot good to withhold information when it affects the outcome of certain jobs. Management has to be more open toward the employees that are doing all the work. More training and keep us posted about the telecommunications technology helps. Avoid keeping information to themselves.

Excellent company to work for!

Network Operations (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsAmazing benefits. Extremely friendly staff. Managment team that listens is fair and treats you like a human. Appreciative of you and what you do. They do not micro manage.

ConsStarting out as a contractor at first. Not the best for us, but makes sense from a business stand point.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing great

Hard to beat the outlook

CM/PM/SDM Manager (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsExcellent business plan / growth industry / management is grounded and cares about it's employees at all levels / good pay / good bonuses / excellent benefits / awesopme 401k matching (9%) / good vacation / lots of work away from the office

ConsNot much upward advancement / work load / tons of reports and meetings with clients, contractors, and internally / tons of process and paperwork / and on the odd ocassion when an employee who doesnt fit gets hired, they will not get rid of them. You just have to work around them which can be a serious issue depending on your role and their role.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job / keep an eye out for slackers and coat tail riders / evaluate your District Managers and Area Managers for competency / look into ways to correct or offset the flat nature of the organization since it's the only real downside to working here

Great perks, needs more head count

Pros- Great perks--trips, catered food, benefits
    - focus on accountability
    - advancement

Cons- needs more head count

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are overworked.

Corp Dev

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Business Model and stronf position in industry

ConsGetting big and bureaucratic which is a difficult balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay small company minded while remaining large company disciplined

Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to be challenged and learn a lot about the wireless industry.

ConsThere is not a lot of room at the top. At some point you will need to look somewhere else if you have high ambition.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a great job being transparent with the companies strategy to all employees.

Worked for Crown Castle International? Contribute to the Community!

Crown Castle International Videos

Crown Castle International – Why Work for Us?

Founded in 1994, Crown Castle is one of the country’s largest independent owners and operators of shared wireless infrastructure. We own, operate, build, and lease towers, rooftops, and Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crown Castle International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Crown Castle International CEO Ben Moreland. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Crown Castle International employees.