Crown Castle International Reviews

78 reviews filtered by
4.1
Crown Castle International President, CEO, and Director Ben Moreland
Ben Moreland

Pros
  • The company is very stable and the environment does encourage a very good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• They have great benefits and are really good to all the employees (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on your background, it's a flat organization (in 4 reviews)

1. Best Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Crown Castle International full-time

Pros

Incredibly good culture with leadership that LIVES by the values that they preach. They have a "No Work With Jerks" policy and they live by it. The company takes care of their employees and respects them. Best Company I've worked for - ever. I don't plan on leaving any time soon.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Please don't change anything.

2. Rewarding work, great benefits, pleasant environment

Current Employee - Asset Specialist

I have been working at Crown Castle International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. I seriously work with the most talented, light-hearted, and hardworking individuals. The work environment is very pleasant and management encourages a healthy work/life balance.

2. The health benefits are generous and wonderful.

3. The core values encourage creativity, perpetual learning, and individual accountability

Cons

1. Offers, promotions, and performance reviews could happen in a more timely manner; multiple levels of approvals seem to be contributing to the sluggish pace.

2. Salary doesn't seem to be adjusted for the local market ranges; Crown Castle's headquarters is in Houston and the HR Department is in Pittsburg, PA so the salaries for employees in the Silicon Valley aren't as competitive as they should be.

Advice to Management

Perhaps take a closer look at the Silicon Valley salary market but other than that keep up the great work. Employees are proud and happy to be here.

3. Life in the Castle

Current Contractor - Tower Structural Analyst in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Contractor - Tower Structural Analyst in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Crown Castle International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Benefits
    Great Work Environment
    Friendly and Approachable Executives
    Knowledgeable and Involved Supervisors
    Flexible Hours

Cons

Full-time employment opportunities are highly competitive, and can leave some competent contractors searching for years on end. Even less opportunities for entry-level workers, since a lot of the hires seem to be internal.

Advice to Management

I am using this as a comments section. As for advice to the management, I honestly can't think of any, aside from computer program tutorials to help establish a standard for tower structural analyst. This is a large, and steadily growing company. I worked as a contractor in the Engineering Operations department at CCI's corporate for the last year in Canonsburg, PA. The ratings are my impressions based on casual conversations with close friends and employees in multiple departments.

5. The best part of working for Crown Castle is the great team I work with. Everybody is friends with one another.

Current Employee - Asset Specialist

I have been working at Crown Castle International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, challenging, and pleasant working environment and culture

Cons

Salary is on the slightly lower end of the market

6. Excellent Work / Life Balance

Current Employee - NOC Operator in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - NOC Operator in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Crown Castle International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crown Castle as an organization is concerned for the well-being and work / life balance of each employee and works to make sure that you have the ability to maintain these in a healthy manner. This includes a workout gym on site, memberships to a local gym, and annual health challenges, etc. There are many of my coworkers who have been employed here for 5+ years.

Cons

none that I can think of at this time. I would love to say this in a 20 word minimum.

7. No Room for Growth

I worked at Crown Castle International

Pros

The company has a laid back working environment. Everyone seems friendly and helpful, but only when it comes to work. The only time you will hear someone talk is when ever someone needs assistance on a project. Besides that the office is pretty much silent. If you do not like talking than this would be a company for you. Besides that the best part about this company is the free snacks in the break room.

Cons

The downside is the office is split into two sides. They separate the majority of the contractors on one side and the full time workers on the other side. This gives a bad vibe in the office and it is definitely something you can feel. The workers seem to have their own groups that they all hang out with on a regular. It is pretty difficult to really make yourself feel part of the company when these groups don't really welcome you. The room for growth here is close to none. If there is a job available it is already taken by somebody that the hiring manger has discussed with prior to the job being posted. The business is pretty much stagnant and I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same at any other telecom company. Funny because for a communications company this office does not talk at all. If you are someone who likes to do the same thing every single day in front of a computer than this is the job for you.

Advice to Management

Make room for growth. Create a pay scale structure that employees can stay optimistic about. Treat all employees with some respect. Stop with the misleading information/breaking promises.

8. Great place to work

Current Employee - Tower Structural Analyst
    Current Employee - Tower Structural Analyst

I have been working at Crown Castle International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Friendly atmosphere and great benefits.

Cons

Very flat organization. Open jobs appear when a big acquisition happens, but far in between if not. Need to be on a secret list to get anywhere

Advice to Management

Need to open eyes on the talent that is in front of you

9. Pole Admin Team Member

Current Contractor - Pole Administrative Team Member in San Jose, CA
    Current Contractor - Pole Administrative Team Member in San Jose, CA

Pros

Never micro managed, flexible start and end times

Cons

Tedious and menial admin work.

10. Don't get Old...and don't make too much money

I worked at Crown Castle International

Pros

Great benefits package. My peers were professional and friendly. There is a good work environment for the most part

Cons

Organization is flat unless you are willing to relocate. If you are not in middle management by the time you are 40 you might want to polish your resume. Bonuses are paid differently depending on your functional group. District employees receive quarterly bonus while othes only recieve the company wide annual bonus. Management is very 'cliquey'. If one who isn't even your manager doesn't like you, you will be fired. Management team gossips about employees to other employees.

Advice to Management

Value knowledge. Although your culture stresses having real and honest conversationsit is actually very onesided. Find a better way to review team members. Current process actually has little to do with performance but has more to dovwith popularity.

11. Supervisor _ Operations

I have been working at Crown Castle International

Pros

_ People
    _ Benifits
    _ Work Life Balance | Culture
    _ Office Location and campus design

Cons

There are none - honestly

Advice to Management

Crown Castle has crown a lot in a very short period of time. With growth comes growing pains Keeping with the collaborative, unique culture Crown Castle offers as well allowing flexible schedules for employees if possible and smart financial decisions - Crown Castle will be the company other companies want to mirror.

Crown Castle International Photos