Crown Castle Reviews

Reset
4.1
Crown Castle President, CEO, and Director Ben Moreland
Ben Moreland

Pros
  • Work-life balance is a priority (in 5 reviews)

• They have great benefits and are really good to all the employees (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a flat organization with very few opportunities for advancement (in 4 reviews)

1. The best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Pennsylvania in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Pennsylvania in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relatively small but quickly growing company. Very agile and responsive to changes in the market; able to be and frequently is proactive.

Mainly, this company actually cares about their employees beyond the usual - the culture is very health-positive. Gym memberships are encouraged and at my location is included as a benefit; other locations have reimbursement options.

Health plans benefits are above the norm, and some of the plan options are relatively new to the health insurance market.

Compensation is fair and performance-based.

Accountability at all levels is not only encouraged, but required, both as part of the every day culture internally as well as externally to the customer and to fellow employees. All levels of management are held to the B3 virtues.

CEO is available and easy to communicate with, no matter what level of employee you are.

Again, I can't stress how much the management cares about its employees. I consider not only my immediate supervisors as friends, but I am confident in the fact that I can do the same with their superiors as well.

Crown Castle has been a breath of fresh air for me and so long as the company remains how it is into the future, I am not going anywhere. I'm 28 and if things stay good, I can easily see myself retiring form Crown Castle.

Cons

Working in the office at corporate, the only downside I've experienced comes from the ongoing construction projects around the campus, but this is temporary. I only wish I lived a bit closer; the commute takes me across and outside of the Pittsburgh area, but this is a minor inconvenience compared to how much better it's been to work for Crown than my previous employer.

Advice to Management

Please, please, please, above all else, continue to display the level of understanding and compassion that I have been more than happy to be met with thus far within my first year of employment with Crown Castle. With the right amount of work and personal investment, one can make large salaries in the technology field easily enough; it is difficult, however, to find a company even of this size that is as caring and personally invested in its own employees as Crown is. Maintain this and the sky is the limit for the entire operation!

2. Change isn't always good.

I have been working at Crown Castle (More than 5 years)

Pros

Before all of the growth, Crown Castle was a great company to work for - very friendly and loving. This may still be the case in some areas but not here. The pay is okay and the benefits are outstanding, but that is about it.

Cons

Company grew too large too quickly due to several portfolio acquisitions. Not enough head count was provided and requests for change were often ignored. Director level and senior management are cliquey and gossipy, and if you have a black mark on your record for any reason you will be written up (often just to get you out of there).

Advice to Management

Grow up.

3. Account Executive

Current Employee - Director in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Crown Castle (More than a year)

Pros

Crown Castle does pay very well and they have great benefits...especially 401k

Cons

Poor management and not enough support and are to quick to dismiss huge opportunities.

Advice to Management

Do not compete selling against your reps, provide trainings

5. Great Place!

Current Employee - Administrative in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best benefits of any company I have every worked for. Atmosphere is laid back and casual. Nice corporate offices and people are very nice. Company seems stable and is growing fast.

Cons

Job I was hired for is not exactly what I am doing but am just happy to be here for now.

Advice to Management

Nothing so far.

6. Nice people, low pay, not bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I worked at Crown Castle (Less than a year)

Pros

enjoyable atmosphere, very relaxed IT team even during stressful projects, good people overall

Cons

low pay, some positions have no work/life balance

7. Every compay in America should follow Crowns model

I have been working at Crown Castle

Pros

Great work life balance, they just increased both the maternity and paternity leave, good advancement opportunities, awesome 401k match, random stock given to all employees through the year so every employee is an owner. This is a company you can honestly retire from. Crown should be considered for the Forbes top places to work.

Cons

None. I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Morale is great. Thanks for building a great culture and making solid decisions reagrding our future growth.

8. Best Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time

Pros

Incredibly good culture with leadership that LIVES by the values that they preach. They have a "No Work With Jerks" policy and they live by it. The company takes care of their employees and respects them. Best Company I've worked for - ever. I don't plan on leaving any time soon.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Please don't change anything.

9. Rewarding work, great benefits, pleasant environment

Current Employee - Asset Specialist

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. I seriously work with the most talented, light-hearted, and hardworking individuals. The work environment is very pleasant and management encourages a healthy work/life balance.

2. The health benefits are generous and wonderful.

3. The core values encourage creativity, perpetual learning, and individual accountability

Cons

1. Offers, promotions, and performance reviews could happen in a more timely manner; multiple levels of approvals seem to be contributing to the sluggish pace.

2. Salary doesn't seem to be adjusted for the local market ranges; Crown Castle's headquarters is in Houston and the HR Department is in Pittsburg, PA so the salaries for employees in the Silicon Valley aren't as competitive as they should be.

Advice to Management

Perhaps take a closer look at the Silicon Valley salary market but other than that keep up the great work. Employees are proud and happy to be here.

10. Excellent Work / Life Balance

Current Employee - NOC Operator in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - NOC Operator in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crown Castle as an organization is concerned for the well-being and work / life balance of each employee and works to make sure that you have the ability to maintain these in a healthy manner. This includes a workout gym on site, memberships to a local gym, and annual health challenges, etc. There are many of my coworkers who have been employed here for 5+ years.

Cons

none that I can think of at this time. I would love to say this in a 20 word minimum.

11. The best part of working for Crown Castle is the great team I work with. Everybody is friends with one another.

Current Employee - Asset Specialist

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, challenging, and pleasant working environment and culture

Cons

Salary is on the slightly lower end of the market

RSS Feed </> Embed