Crown Castle Reviews

Reset
4.2
Crown Castle President, CEO, and Director Ben Moreland
Ben Moreland

Pros
  • Work-life balance is a priority (in 5 reviews)

• They have great benefits and are really good to all the employees (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a flat organization with very few opportunities for advancement (in 4 reviews)

1. Great company

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time

Pros

Atmosphere is incredible. Benefits are very good. Empowers employees to make critical decisions for the long term success of the company.

Cons

A bit overwhelming at first, a lot of information to process in a short amount of time. Sink or swim mentality.

Advice to Management

Good communication with employees at all levels. Truly empower employees to be accountable and work as a team.

2. Business Intelligence Analyst

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Crown Castle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very people oriented company with limitless corporate growth opportunities

Cons

Growth outpaced their ability to properly hire and train staff.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to details than the big picture

3. Project Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cares about their employees well being on all levels.

Cons

Could have a larger training library to support current roles and as a progression to other areas of interest

Advice to Management

Provide more training.

5. Project Manager

I worked at Crown Castle

Pros

Great company, great balance, smart people

Cons

Boring work, growth limited to geography, small industry

Advice to Management

None. You guys are great

The best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Pennsylvania in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Pennsylvania in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relatively small but quickly growing company. Very agile and responsive to changes in the market; able to be and frequently is proactive. Mainly, this company actually cares about their employees beyond the usual - the culture is very health-positive. Gym memberships are encouraged and at my location is included as a benefit; other locations have reimbursement options. Health plans benefits are above the norm, and some of the plan options are relatively new to the health insurance market. Compensation is fair and performance-based. Accountability at all levels is not only encouraged, but required, both as part of the every day culture internally as well as externally to the customer and to fellow employees. All levels of management are held to the B3 virtues. CEO is available and easy to communicate with, no matter what level of employee you are. Again, I can't stress how much the management cares about its employees. I consider not only my immediate supervisors as friends, but I am confident in the fact that I can do the same with their superiors as well. Crown Castle has been a breath of fresh air for me and so long as the company remains how it is into the future, I am not going anywhere. I'm 28 and if things stay good, I can easily see myself retiring form Crown Castle.

Cons

Working in the office at corporate, the only downside I've experienced comes from the ongoing construction projects around the campus, but this is temporary. I only wish I lived a bit closer; the commute takes me across and outside of the Pittsburgh area, but this is a minor inconvenience compared to how much better it's been to work for Crown than my previous employer.

Advice to Management

Please, please, please, above all else, continue to display the level of understanding and compassion that I have been more than happy to be met with thus far within my first year of employment with Crown Castle. With the right amount of work and personal investment, one can make large salaries in the technology field easily enough; it is difficult, however, to find a company even of this size that is as caring and personally invested in its own employees as Crown is. Maintain this and the sky is the limit for the entire operation!

7. Network Operations Technician

Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Perth Amboy, NJ
    Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Perth Amboy, NJ

I worked at Crown Castle (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company with great people.

Cons

Non-existing pay raises after 3 years in operations department.

Advice to Management

I would advise them to keep doing what they're doing, but to not forget those that are building and maintaining the networks.

8. Field Operations Technician

Former Employee - Field Operations Technician in Blaine, WA
    Former Employee - Field Operations Technician in Blaine, WA

I worked at Crown Castle (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. Made my schedule up every day, company truck, 401K, health, dental, eye insurance. Great people to work with.

Cons

Turn over for Tower operations managers was a lot. I had 9 managers in 9 years. To many managers, 2 different managers telling you what needed to be done.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that have worked the job they are managing, not from management experience of managing.

9. No regard of people

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Crown Castle (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pretty good benefits, decent salary, some good people to work with, can do what you want to if you suck up to the boss.

Cons

The company has no regard for the people that work there. If you suck up good enough, you can do virtually nothing and get paid for it. Cut throat business, and management practices. Total disdain, for their customers, with an attitude of " just get the money ". Management has the attitude of " we are the biggest in the nation, SO they will have to do business with us, so let's screw them ". The best description of this company, and the management thereof is; arrogant.

Advice to Management

Look at yourselves, and see if you would want to work for or do business with you.

Change isn't always good.

I have been working at Crown Castle (More than 5 years)

Pros

Before all of the growth, Crown Castle was a great company to work for - very friendly and loving. This may still be the case in some areas but not here. The pay is okay and the benefits are outstanding, but that is about it.

Cons

Company grew too large too quickly due to several portfolio acquisitions. Not enough head count was provided and requests for change were often ignored. Director level and senior management are cliquey and gossipy, and if you have a black mark on your record for any reason you will be written up (often just to get you out of there).

Advice to Management

Grow up.

11. Account Executive

Current Employee - Director in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Crown Castle (More than a year)

Pros

Crown Castle does pay very well and they have great benefits...especially 401k

Cons

Poor management and not enough support and are to quick to dismiss huge opportunities.

Advice to Management

Do not compete selling against your reps, provide trainings

RSS Feed </> Embed