Crown Equipment
www.crown.com New Bremen, OH 5000+ Employees

Crown Equipment Reviews

Updated May 30, 2014

James F. Dicke II

Hear that things are better there now

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    West Sacramento, CA

ProsExcellent products manufactured. Rewards technicians for working safely. Potential good team environment.

ConsCompany driven by "numbers"(revenue) Granted this is not a charity, it is a privately owned corporation, but there is a difference between realistic expectations of your employees and demanding more nickel-and-dime billing, unnecessary sales and repairs, more, more, more...at the cost of doing what's right for the customer...and at the cost of doing what's right for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement(all) should model the same work ethic and professionalism they expect of those beneath them, or employees become very discouraged. Respect diversity in all aspects of employees and customers, regardless of differences in culture/ethnicity/religion/sexual orientation/age. Beware of keeping people around who mistreat their subordinates. Service technicians are the largest portion of your workforce, if you don't know what their challenges and accomplishments are beyond your profit/loss statements, you're missing the point of the word service.

Many long time employees do not realize how good they have it.

ProsCompensation.
    Employs over 3400 people in the Northern Miami Valley
    Growing, unlike most large companies in the area.
    Stable commitment to the area.
    Opportunities for growth if you are willing to put in the work. Employees who say they do not have room for growth, have probably not put forth the effort.
    $5000/yr. for tuition reimbursement.

ConsSome employees do not realize how good they have it. A lot of other companies in the area, but I am sure they can not offer the stability and benefits of Crown.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue effectively communicating with employees. This goes a long way. Crown has changed a lot in the last 10 years, and it is for the better.

good well paying job

Prosgood ins. bennifits pay decent managers

Conssmoke in shop not enough time off

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hostile very hostile supervisor and nothing done by upper management about it

Machinist (Former Employee)
    Greencastle, IN

Prosthe fellow workers who have to put up with that environment because they need a job

Consmanagement HR management looks good on the outside but its not like that on the inside

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees when they come to you

Poor chances of advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New Bremen, OH

ProsQuality products. Benefits are just ok.

ConsThere is definitely a lack of leadership from upper management. Inability to make sound decisions and stand behind the staff. Look around the company and you will see so many talented long time employees standing still, not being promoted. Not a good environment when you have hit the glass ceiling on your first day. When I left Crown I had been in the same position for 6 years and never considered for advancement. I have since started with a company that I have been promoted two times within two years and the sky is the limit! Feels good to know that I can work towards a goal that proves challenging and stable. I find it hard to believe that the culture at Crown will change much in the years to come, unless someone comes in to shake things up and bring this company into the next generation.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild and work with the teams you have in place.

Not much help from the sales team

ProsNot micro managed we get as much freedom as you want.

ConsNo help from management when there's customers concerns

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter sales training

Ignorance Runs Wild At This Place

(Former Employee)
    New Bremen, OH

ProsBetter than average salary. Decent benefits and well established company.

ConsThere is a level of incompetence at Crown like I have never seen at any other company. There are employees on the Director level and above that I honestly have no idea how they got in their position and am even more baffled as to how they have kept their jobs. There is overspend everywhere and instead of fixing the issues and letting the people that know what they are doing fix the problems.. there is infighting. Most employees will throw anyone under the bus because they are paranoid to loose their jobs.

They talk about the Crown Culture...the culture is one of ignorance. This place has even sued kids of employees just to make a point. This company's arrogance is amazing!

I'd work at 7-11 before ever working at this place. If you are considering working at Crown....DO NOT!. There are better places to work and live. Living in New Bremen is like being back in high school. The town is full of snobs and it is just one big clique. It is small, boring, and going downhill.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to those that know what is going on. Clean house from top to bottom in your HR Department. Get rid of some Directors that are completely useless and frankly must have lied on their resume to get a job there.

Very positive,first as assitant bin Manager,Bin Manager,Yardman,Production Order technican

Stockhandler (Former Employee)
    Kinston, NC

ProsLearning a ton from more experienced personel.

Perfect Attendance Award 2000,,02,03,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12(CROWN)Kinston Neuse Corp.

ConsUpper level Management,very quick to Assume.not very professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more closely to employees,and accept the fact that they were once lower level.

Great place to learn and grow.

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
    New Bremen, OH

ProsVery professional. Lots of nice people to with and for. Family oriented.

ConsCompensation is not competitive. They have many infrastructure challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementVision and great ideas are only part of what makes a company a great place to invest you time, talent, and energies.

Title

Information Services (Current Employee)
    New Bremen, OH

ProsQuiet area, good co-workers; easy-going work environment.

ConsA little disorganized when it comes to records and accountability of hardware and resources.

Worked for Crown Equipment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crown Equipment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Crown Equipment CEO James F. Dicke II. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Crown Equipment employees.