Crunch Fitness

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
3.2

Jim Rowley

Street Team Sales Rep. Posted up from different areas of the city and work the parking lot for deals.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Riverside, CA

I worked at Crunch Fitness full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I would enjoy taking a lunch whenever was necessary. Meeting new people week after week, building relationships with multiple companies.

Cons

The pay was very low for the amount of work we did.

Spend more time with sales reps. Teach the business behind the sales.

Great in theory poor in execution

I worked at Crunch Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good earning potential if you're motivated, you'll meet a lot of great clients. Their compensation program is better than most gyms in the area

Cons

In order to earn a high salary, you'll have to basically give up your life.. The burn out factor is very real here.. Managment micromanages like crazy always demanding more of your time, usually for free, and will tell you you're not doing enough. This of course is absurd because it's 100% commission and they only pay you for what you train. Management will undercut your buisness and make special deals with your clients, at you expense, to hit their bottom line for the month. There have also been issues with their payroll department short changing paychecks suspiciously when the club is struggling.

Treat your employees like human beings instead of trash and you'll see a better outcome

Flexibility, but all sales

I worked at Crunch Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Potential to make a lot of money, fun staff

Cons

Very sales oriented, mostly about numbers and pushing clients to pay more at the end of the month

Membership Advisor

I worked at Crunch Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very fun, upbeat environment, lots of interaction with members. Members are easy to talk to and fun to be around. Offer great classes and personal trainers are amazing. I do recommend for a entry level position.

Cons

The pay is low compared to the average sales person in a Health Club in the DC area. Not a lot of growth within the company.

I'm still on the fence

I worked at Crunch Fitness part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Variety of classes which is great for members. It's an upbeat space and environment so far from what I've witnessed.

Cons

It doesn't seem to be much care for customer service in the brooklyn area. I got a very bad impression when I first spoke to one of the trainers there.

Manager

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Crunch Fitness full-time

Pros

You are helping people get fit

Cons

There is no real cohesion is management, the core values are great but they do not come to life in the company culture. Staff are not valued at all. There is high turnover, probably due to the way they treat employees. There was no real culture and the training is very looses and sub-par. There is high pressure to hit numbers, which is the normal, but if you don't hit don't think you will get any help. Management is very inconsistant. The idea of the Brand is great, but reality is it is the worst company I have ever had the experience of witnessing or working at.

Start over. Bring a back the spirit OF LEADERSHIP and care about your employees. Have a consistent way of doing things.

fun

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Crunch Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

get to help others and have fun while doing it

Cons

not a lot of perks, low pay to begin with

Connect with trainers more

Great idea for a new gym, needs refinement.

Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Crunch Fitness (more than an year)

Pros

Low price point, lots of new gym members to work with and inspire. Very good model for opening up fitness to many people who would not ordinarily go to the gym. For that reason, it's a really great place. All their equipment is new and they keep the place VERY clean.

Cons

There isn't much cohesion in the management style, communication, sense of being on a team. There's a high turnover and most of the team members are pretty young. Some of their stereo equipment is very bad and occasionally they have some miscommunication in regards to policies and procedures.

Team building. Consistency. Training. Competitive wage. Perks for employees. In-service. Support. Feedback should be given in the positive, followed by the constructive, not the other way around.

Great place if you are self motivated

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at Crunch Fitness part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a perpetual up-beat nature about working at Crunch. They encourage involvement with themed days and member appreciation. Non competitive environment. I promote your class, you promote my training.

Cons

Lots of turnover. People are always coming and going. New trainers, new instructors, new front desk staff. I've worked for 6 years in a gym and the general manager and a few key people are the only ones who has been consistent.

People would take their job more seriously if the pay was better at the front desk. If the trainers got more of a percentage they wouldn't want to leave and if the instructors received more money the more classes they taught the more likely they would be not to call out.

LOVE IT.

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Crunch is very fun and entertaining.

Cons

Could be more pay. :(