CryoLife

Be The First To
Add Photos

CryoLife Chairman, President, and CEO Steven G. Anderson

Steven G. Anderson

Great coworkers, great hours, decent pay

Microbiologist Technician II (Current Employee)
Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at CryoLife full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat lab experience, FDA experience, benefits, and coworkers, overtime pay

ConsUnderpaid in my opinion, night shift has more work with less people but is more "relaxed"

CryoLife offers a multitude of experience.

I worked at CryoLife full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPersonal growth, vast opportunities to learn, you aren't pigeon holed into one aspect of the position.

ConsTop down decisions, training opportunities, interview process.

Too much required for what they pay!

I have been working at CryoLife full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFacility, great people, nice CEO, Everybody plays a part in saving lives.

ConsManagement, no future for improvement, no opportunity for advancement - the position you are will, more than likely, be the position you're stuck in for years. Too much paperwork and not enough utilization of technology; too old fashioned. All managers think about the worst-case scenario on everything. Stressful! Pay sucks compared to other companies; especially for what they expect you to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and allow people the opportunity to change things.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stifling

Unknown (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CryoLife full-time for more than 5 years

Prospay and benefits are great

ConsOutdated management styles, slow to adopt change

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your subject matter experts

I was miserable...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CryoLife for more than a year

ProsPretty nice building, security is courteous and helpful, decent job training regimen.

ConsTerrible management: Never have a I felt "used" so much that at a job like this. Felt like I was treated poorly by management and taken advantage of. Others were not treated in this same way. Pay is not so great for line of work, they seem to take advantage of recent college graduates with the promise of insurance benefits, etc, but in return give them such low wages for work. Harshly regulated, right down to the specific pens you must use to the amount of pictures you may have on your desk. Unfair advancement opportunities, in my case I was kept as a temp while others of different race or sex with the same qualifications were hired in as full time employees. Management does not take the time nor the inclination to show any care nor appreciation of their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn those traits which good leaders are said to possess.

You won't be happy

I have been working at CryoLife full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSecurity was helpful, nice building, decent job training regimen.

ConsSenior management does not have a care in the world for you, as long as you
show up and keep doing their bidding. Numerous attempts to try and build a "team" through constant boring, pointless awkward meetings and events. Unfair treatment of employees in terms of advancements, pay, and job responsibilities. Your time there will be very regulated, from the type and brand of pen you use, to the amount of pictures you can have at your desk. You'll always be watched by "big brother" due to the massive amount of camera everywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn those skills which leaders posses, earn the respect of your employees

Look elsewhere if you want to be truly appreciated.

I worked at CryoLife full-time for more than a year

ProsAir filtration system keeps dust down, white and grey paint makes everything looks squeaky clean. Non-management employees are smart.

ConsSenior management uses anger and intimidation tactics to increase productivity. Abusive supervisors are coddled and rewarded for sabotaging employees. It is useless to issue complaints about an abusive supervisor because neither management nor HR will take them seriously, even if there have been previous complaints about same supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost importantly, get rid of abusive tactics used by supervisors and upper management.

Start some real team-building:

(1) Show employee appreciation with something more than ice cream socials and crystal bowls. Acknowledge achievements, personal and professional.

(2) Run the company as a whole, not as 2 units: executive and worker bees. Talk with your employees. Find out what they think, what they want to do for the company, what they need from the company. It's a company, not a military unit. There are exceptional people working there who would love to contribute to the success of the company. Listen to what they have to say, and reward them with profit sharing.

(3) Develop excellent supervision skills, from the top down. Focus on motivation rather than productivity. Stop micromanaging; it is NOT an excellent supervision skill, and it will kill employee motivation. Realize that employees need to internalize the desire to be productive; it can not be hammered into them.

Excellent company. Talent is recognized and there are a lot of opportunities for career advancement and promotions.

I have been working at CryoLife full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHigh integrity. Very ethical management. Great benefits. A lot of employees came here right from college and don't realize what great benefits the company has. Especially appreciated the salary continuation during the first 6 weeks of my maternity leave before having to dip into some of my paid vacation time off.

ConsLack of flexible work hours in corporate office environment. Labs seem to offer a variety of work schedules to choose from.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Terrible pay in Tissue Processing and Little/No promotion potential

Dissector (Former Employee)

I worked at CryoLife full-time for more than a year

Pros- Flexible shifts
- Good social environment
- Good lab skill development
- Great entry biology/lab position
- Decent insurance

Cons-No, absolutely no worthwhile promotion potential, people with a degree(B.S. or higher) make the same as those with H.S. education.
-Entry level position, a lot of turn over
-10 hour shifts are commonly actually 12 hours shifts
-Management is not cohesive

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote education and allow more promotion and opportunities to grow.

Dissector

I worked at CryoLife full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOkay insurance, good fellow employees. Decent snack machines. Nice diningroom. Pretty trees in the parking lot. pretty flowers and landscaping.

ConsManagement from supervisor all the way to the top. Supervisors are so worried about someone advancing they will fabricate issues that are not true and will write you up for them and force you to sign. They will lay out goals for promotion and when you accomplish those goals, they will claim you have not made them even though you have the proof and will put you back at the beginning again to avoid your promotion. The next level up of management claims to have an open door policy but when you go to them they immediately take the side of the person you have having issues with before even hearing the issue and will send you back to the original person. They refuse to let people they don't like even attempt to transfer departments. Ten hour days turn into 12-14 hour days on a regular basis and if you say you have another commitment (like a day care center about to close) they will bully and harrass you and basically hold you hostage.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees, not to your supervisors. Pay attention to what is going on. I have been gone from the company for a few years now but am still friends with many people I worked with there and I know from them that the situation has not improved, if anything it has gotten worse.

Worked for CryoLife? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CryoLife reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CryoLife CEO Steven G. Anderson. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by CryoLife employees.