www.cubesmart.com

Updated January 25, 2015
2.6

Christopher P. Marr

I have been working at CubeSmart

Pros

It's a real easy job if you stay on top of everything . The pay is also good

Cons

We have to do our own mantainence and it is difficult at times . You are alone a lot.

Mantainence would be a good addition .

Cubesmart is ok

I have been working at CubeSmart

Pros

Easy job to do. Pay is fair for the work done. Customers can be hard to deal with. Can be physically demanding at times.

Cons

No room for advancement and pay raises are a joke. Company is very spread out and communication is a problem

Low pay for manager position

Former Employee - Manager in Stuart, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Stuart, FL

I worked at CubeSmart

Pros

2 days off in a row

Cons

Constantly monitored via cameras. No trust.

Trust your employees

Don't work here.

Former Employee - General Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at CubeSmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are great. Get to meet good people

Cons

Upper management does a lot of harassing and belittles you. Upper management preferred weak people or females or basically anyone they could walk on. I was forced through intimidation and threat of termination to step down from GM to manager. I was told I live in a fantasy world and that me working on my MBA would not help me move up ect. We had a store sell and the GM became a manger but they told me they were promised a GM position very soon, and what do you know the intimidation started. They let people treat you like crap, and if you even think about filing a harassment complaint or telling higher ups you'll get fired. I was moved to a new store do to "struggling" and in almost a year only saw my Upper management two times, so if I was doing bad you think I would hear from them more. Every audit I had was above 93% but yet I was told I was immature and did not know what I was doing. Definitely don't work in South East Fl. Upper management has WOW instructors and didn't know how to WOW their own employees, pit was horrible.

Get rid of the WOW culture it's crap and isn't used for employees. Take a look at how certain DM's treat their employees and get rid of them, they are lawsuits waiting to happen.

Manager

Current Employee - Manager in West Hempstead, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in West Hempstead, NY

I have been working at CubeSmart

Pros

The pay
    Early morning shifts

Cons

cleaning , lack of structure between managers and assistant managers. Lazy coworkers work on Sunday's

Shocked and Saddened

I have been working at CubeSmart

Pros

i am a current employee and love working at cubesmart. there were many great things to say about this company up until a year ago. the company has done a complete 360 and the changes are affecting morale within departments and a company as a whole.

Cons

i struggle to write this review as it shocks me to see how certain employees in the organization that are good employees are being treated. it is quite obvious that females are the current targets. certain employees are left out, intentionally excluded and treated like they don't belong and made to look as if they are not doing their job. i have yet to understand why nothing is being done when it's so obvious to a number of employees in the corporate office and out in the field; yet management refuses or chooses to close their eyes and avoid addressing the issue at hand. there are bullies working here and are running good employees out the door. i have personally seen with my own eyes how certain employees are treated with no respect and it makes me want to speak up but i honestly feel it would fall on deaf ears.

investigate! do your part and look into what is happening within this organization.

CubeSmart Response

Dec 19, 2014HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We strive to create a workplace environment free of harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We value our teammates and make
    ... More

Store Manager.

I worked at CubeSmart

Pros

No late hours they close at 6pm on weekdays 5pm on Saturdays and 3pm on sundays. Thats about all i can say about the Pros.

Cons

The staff is extremely miss treated and under paid. Don't expect your hard work to ever pay off here, at most your rewarded with a 10 cent raise after 2 yrs, there is also no room for growth in that company, everyone there is pretty stagnant and upper management likes to keep it that way. Not only do they expect you to be a their salesman for storage units, you are also their full time Janitor and grounds Keeper. They expect you to go above and beyond and be on point 100% of the time, which is to be expected from any job you work at, but it is always over looked and and never recognized and the praise always goes to the Dm's who are always on some sort on vacation. When the store falls short of there numbers for the month, they suddenly appear and have nothing to do with falling short. CubeSmart proclaims they are all about the Wow culture.. I completely agree when it comes to being their customers.... But dont think for a moment, when its freezing cold out and you have to show an empty storage unit outside your not aloud to where a sweater unless its a company jacket...Come On people ! you sell storage units! A huge number of the General mangers of the stores also are just as skeezy, I have seen first hand some of the most deceitful action come from them and it is always overlooked, because the DMS are never willing to listen to the store mangers who are lower than general managers.
    Dont let me forget to tell you they have cut most of the holidays.... Do not even think about making plans labor day or memorial day which was taken away, but not for Corporate or the Dm's, and they will be sure to let you know!!!!
    But when you wanna use the little vacation time you get they will try to tell you how you can and cannot use it.
    All in all Cubesmart treats their employees very poorly, anyone starting out the I can assure you, you will love it at first until your there for a while and your eyes will quickly open.

Friendly

Current Employee - Manager in Streamwood, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Streamwood, IL

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly, nice people, got to work alone. Responsibility

Cons

Hours, low pay, rude customers

Sneaks, Liars and Thieves

I worked at CubeSmart

Pros

The only benefit working for this company was that The majority of employees know what's going on and stick together.

Cons

Whistleblowers are not investigated properly and are used against employees that result in the employee suddenly being let go from the company due to alleged performance.

If you speak up....YOU will be sorry.

Executives pick and choose who they want to write up or terminate while certain employees who display total insubordination and unprofessional behavior continue to remain employed.

Since when is it acceptable to manage a company by fear and treat the employees that work tirelessly like crap.

There are serious issues occurring within the company. Ignoring it is not working!

Former Employee

I worked at CubeSmart

Pros

No room for advancement, higher ups a joke

Cons

WOW is a joke, no one likes the new culture