CubeSmart Reviews

2.8

Christopher P. Marr

An Excellent Opportunity for Personal & Professional Growth

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

• Pay is among the highest in the self-storage industry with annual increases.
    • PTO and Health Benefits are among best offered anywhere
    • Complete and clear onboard training programs and excellent progressive training programs available
    • Expectations are clearly described in policy and procedure
    • Great Employee Recognition Programs in place for achievers
    • Success or failure is entirely self-formed

Cons

• Compared to how well CubeSmart performs in the national market, annual increases in the field are extremely nominal.
    • Bonuses & incentives in the field (where the selling & service occurs) are a pint-sized end result of a trickle down through a very large funnel.
    • Field employees are asked to participate in Surveys and Leader Assessments, but never hear results or see changes where they are needed.

• Share a little more of the wealth with the hard workers in the field who keep the stores open & money coming in.

Culture

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CubeSmart is investing time and money to improve the culture of the company to create a positive work environment for all teammates. The culture has dramatically improved in the last 18 months. The company consists of the most qualified and professional team in their industry, at all levels.

Cons

Management seems to treat new teammates better than the teammates that have been there making things happen through the good and the bad.

Teammates should have the opportunity to share in the financial success of the company.

Great growth, high potential.

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy the focus put on employees here. CubeSmart teammates generally take pride in their work and the company, and it shows in the attitudes people have here. It's a pleasure to work for a company that seems to genuinely care about their people.

Cons

Could have a better paid time off policy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rising Storage company

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

GM's get free residential in some areas. Employees are the best quality of workers you will find. The environment is set with a team atmosphere. Advancement is possible to a certain level. The company does offer paid time off.

Cons

Pay needs to be looked into. Some employees are worth more then what they get. Employee turn around is higher then most companies. Once you reach a certain level your development as an individual is stopped. Bonus structure is not really set up for the employee to make money but to drive the business forward.

Take a closer look at the lower level and don't forget they make the wheels turn.

It's a good job

I have been working at CubeSmart

Pros

Great workers, have a chance of getting rent free apartment, and overall good General Managers

Cons

Lots of information during training

Great benefits

Going from Good to Great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked here since the transition from Cleveland to Malvern (through Wayne). I can honestly say that the company is committed to be a better place to work. Admittedly, I've witnessed the company go through hard times, and even agree that some of the reviews here were true just a few years ago, but the company has changed since then. The WOW! culture is taking hold (with still a few failings here and there), the leadership team realizes there are problems and is committed to working on them. People manager training is being implemented across the company. A new strategic HR department is investing in talent development and revamping our performance management process. All in all, most of the people in the corporate office have a very positive attitude and are great to work with. I enjoy working here.

Cons

There's still a few bastions of negativity within the company, but as the new performance management / talent development plans take hold, i expect that they'll be identified and retrained before long.

For a corporate office, the benefits leave much to be desired. Healthcare and tuition reimbursement do not go far enough.

Continue listening for problems and take a direct approach to fix them. Embrace the awkward conversations and invest in the people managers. I think everyone would agree that all Teammates deserve a good place to work.

CubeSmart Response

Jul 3, 2014HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments as it helps us to create an even better workplace for all of our teammates. We believe in fostering a friendly ... More

Best storage company I've worked for

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time

Pros

I work with the best GM and she treats me with fairness and kindess and she is not afraid to get her hands dirty. Most GM's make their managers do all of the work in which is not fair. My GM is the best!

Cons

I noticed that alot of employees work either 30 minutes or more from their homes and the company as far as I know won't reimburse their employees for travel. I believe the company should reimburse for the employees travel.

This company has DM's that have way too may properties under their belt. Either promote more GM's to DM's from within or hire from the outside.

Challenging and rewarding company leading change in the self storage industry.

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is forward thinking. They are employee centric and are working to create a pipeline for talent identification, management training and a more defined path of advancement within the company for employees at all levels. They focus on customer service incorporating this into their corporate culture.

Cons

While the company is growing there are not a lot of positions that open which limit advancement opportunities.

There should be training courses to qualify for store level training and area manager positions. This would bring additional understanding of expectations and accountability to the employees while also achieving a national standard.

great company to work for, but under paid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

benefits, and the ability to easily move up the ranks, once you have proven yourself.

Cons

staff is underpaid, and sometimes under appreciated

Pay your employees what they are worth.

Self storage is not nearly as bad as you think it is.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Wayne, PA

I worked at CubeSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, most of whom stay forever.

Cons

Small staff size means limited room for growth.

Worked for CubeSmart? Contribute to the Community!