Cubic Reviews

Updated August 29, 2014
Updated August 29, 2014

3.2

Bradley H. Feldmann

Pros
  • 9/80 work schedule is something I miss (in 7 reviews)

• Great people to work with, and the work ethic was also vey good (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a very political environment, and long-term employess who have strong relationships (personal relationships) with top execs tend to fare better (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A place to call home

Current Employee - Network Engineer
    Current Employee - Network Engineer

I have been working at Cubic full-time

Pros

Office Culture, personal growth with training. This is truly a place to call home, a company who cares about their staff and value our opinions. I couldn't work for a better company doing what I love

Cons

work-life balance, one downfall is that I am married to my job, I see my co-workers more than my family, I can say though this is mostly of my own doing.

A well rooted company that functions like a small community in the old days

I worked at Cubic

Pros

Work-life balance correlates with the Southern California atmosphere. Relaxed and flexible when it counts, if you show up and dig in when it's time to work. Enthusiasm placed on empowering employees to better themselves both within the company and outside.

Cons

Cubic has been around for quite a while, so accepting new ways of doing business aren't easily entertained. San Diego is expensive. Compensation could use a cost of living adjustment.

Satisfactory

I have been working at Cubic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

9x80 schedule, relatively stable working environment

Cons

limited growth, arcane systems, old mentality

Improve sales and marketing functions

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent

Current Employee - CREW Maintainer  in  Fort Irwin, CA
    Current Employee - CREW Maintainer in Fort Irwin, CA

I have been working at Cubic as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Upper management is very employee friendly. They definitely have the employee's best interest in mind. I am happy to be employed by Cubic.

Cons

The time accrual rate is a bit low for employees who are not with the company for at least seven years.

Keep taking care of your employees and they will take care of you.

Working with CUBIC was a great experience. Enjoyed working at Fort Lee, VA.

Former Employee - Operations Specialist  in  Fort Lee, VA
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Fort Lee, VA

I worked at Cubic full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with all the employees at Fort Lee, Va. The assignment their was a great way to meet new people. Learn on the job. Improve my job skills. Show my experience and achievement.

Cons

Not being able to be promoted. The job pay was different every year due to the gov't regulating the contracting. Benefits weren't very good.

Only consider contracting as a temporary job not a long term investment.

CUBIC does not promote talent from with in!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Cubic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cubic has great health benefits

Cons

Only people that have close relationships with management excel,,,grow in careers.

Management needs to nuture promote talent internally.

At a glance

I worked at Cubic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cubic has a solid reputation and significant potential to reach diverse industries. Additionally, Corporate attempts to keep the organization informed through moderate dissemination of current company events.

Cons

Poor oversight and engagement with subsidiaries. Some subsidiaries have weak leadership and poor employee-employer communication resulting in unclear and/or unrealistic component mission and vision. Subsidiary employees are often left feeling as if they are expendable and not valued; directly impacting company loyalty and morale which ultimately weakens performance and client satisfaction. Corporate culture is sparse at best and executive initiative to instill organizational culture is weak.

Leverage corporate resources to enable subsidiary and their employees success. Provide guidance and encourage employee-employer communication within subsidiaries as well as provide leadership training and employee professional development programs for entire Corporate community. Engage employees and open communication lines to channel new ideas and to measure employee sentiment towards the organization, its leadership, and its management for all components. Seek to discover internal talents and promote within the organization by providing employee self-evaluations to extract individual ambitions and career intentions.

Cubic

I have been working at Cubic

Pros

great company to work for (temping) probably better had if had been actually hired as a CUBIC employee

Cons

still temping after over 1 year

management needs to stay on top of important issues and tasks-they need to not take over a years time to hire permanent full time employees who were temps before.

Old

Current Employee - Intern  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cubic as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Ability to do multiple jobs

Cons

Many old employees. Some rude some very nice.

Need to catch up to 2014. Many old technologies, workers, and the way things are done.

Cubic culture is evolving to be more innovative and results oriented, but politics persists.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Cubic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cubic has some great employees, has offices around the world, has a fairly broad mix of competencies, and is relatively stable financially. Cubic strives to be a results oriented company, and to that end, the culture is changing. A recent example is the use of social media both for soliciting ideas from employees internally and for external communications. Cubic is a pretty good place to work for most employees much of the time.

Cons

Some in top positions are contributing to a political environment as others have noted. This results, at times, in pockets of employee trust and morale issues since fairness can be a hit or miss proposition. Also there is a culture of 24/7 availability for work which can be problematic for some employees. But these are fairly common problems, Cubic certainly not the worst, and there is some evidence of improvement.

A "no jerks or bullies allowed" policy that is followed top to bottom would be a refreshing change!
    Also realization needs to occur that work-life balance doesn't equate to letting employees work from home while on vacation.

Worked for Cubic? Contribute to the Community!