Cubic

Cubic Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Not yet rated.

Bradley H. Feldmann

Pros
  • 9/80 work schedule is something I miss(in 7 reviews)

• Great people to work with, and the work ethic was also vey good(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a very political environment, and long-term employess who have strong relationships (personal relationships) with top execs tend to fare better(in 3 reviews)

Satisfactory

Pros9x80 schedule, relatively stable working environment

Conslimited growth, arcane systems, old mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove sales and marketing functions

Excellent

CREW Maintainer (Current Employee) Fort Irwin, CA

ProsUpper management is very employee friendly. They definitely have the employee's best interest in mind. I am happy to be employed by Cubic.

ConsThe time accrual rate is a bit low for employees who are not with the company for at least seven years.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep taking care of your employees and they will take care of you.

Working with CUBIC was a great experience. Enjoyed working at Fort Lee, VA.

Operations Specialist (Former Employee) Fort Lee, VA

ProsI enjoyed working with all the employees at Fort Lee, Va. The assignment their was a great way to meet new people. Learn on the job. Improve my job skills. Show my experience and achievement.

ConsNot being able to be promoted. The job pay was different every year due to the gov't regulating the contracting. Benefits weren't very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly consider contracting as a temporary job not a long term investment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CUBIC does not promote talent from with in!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsCubic has great health benefits

ConsOnly people that have close relationships with management excel,,,grow in careers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to nuture promote talent internally.

At a glance

(Former Employee)

ProsCubic has a solid reputation and significant potential to reach diverse industries. Additionally, Corporate attempts to keep the organization informed through moderate dissemination of current company events.

ConsPoor oversight and engagement with subsidiaries. Some subsidiaries have weak leadership and poor employee-employer communication resulting in unclear and/or unrealistic component mission and vision. Subsidiary employees are often left feeling as if they are expendable and not valued; directly impacting company loyalty and morale which ultimately weakens performance and client satisfaction. Corporate culture is sparse at best and executive initiative to instill organizational culture is weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage corporate resources to enable subsidiary and their employees success. Provide guidance and encourage employee-employer communication within subsidiaries as well as provide leadership training and employee professional development programs for entire Corporate community. Engage employees and open communication lines to channel new ideas and to measure employee sentiment towards the organization, its leadership, and its management for all components. Seek to discover internal talents and promote within the organization by providing employee self-evaluations to extract individual ambitions and career intentions.

Old

Intern (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsAbility to do multiple jobs

ConsMany old employees. Some rude some very nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to catch up to 2014. Many old technologies, workers, and the way things are done.

Cubic culture is evolving to be more innovative and results oriented, but politics persists.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsCubic has some great employees, has offices around the world, has a fairly broad mix of competencies, and is relatively stable financially. Cubic strives to be a results oriented company, and to that end, the culture is changing. A recent example is the use of social media both for soliciting ideas from employees internally and for external communications. Cubic is a pretty good place to work for most employees much of the time.

ConsSome in top positions are contributing to a political environment as others have noted. This results, at times, in pockets of employee trust and morale issues since fairness can be a hit or miss proposition. Also there is a culture of 24/7 availability for work which can be problematic for some employees. But these are fairly common problems, Cubic certainly not the worst, and there is some evidence of improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementA "no jerks or bullies allowed" policy that is followed top to bottom would be a refreshing change!
    Also realization needs to occur that work-life balance doesn't equate to letting employees work from home while on vacation.

Good place to work if you already have a retirement or supplemental income

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Polk, LA

ProsWhen not on rotation there is plenty of time off.

ConsNo overtime pay extra hours worked is allowed to be taken during non-rotational times. If you accept a full time position from a part time position you loose all of your overtime hours and no compensation is given.

The work was great, but the management is failing

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe people I worked with were great. Had a very interesting product line that was fun to work on. They do have an international presence so there's opportunity to travel outside the country. 9/80 work schedule is something I miss. Also pays well, gives out rewards for good work, and benefits are really good.

ConsManagement tends to be short sighted, focused on satisfying near term goals rather than long term solutions. And there seems to be no real vision where to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to take calculated risks, even if that means burning the bottom line a little in the near term.

Good place to work for when separating from the military.

Administrative Tech (Current Employee) Macdill AFB, FL

ProsFlexible with your schedule and pay is better than other companies. Great for service members who retired and are looking for a job.

ConsNo growing room, once your in a position it's hard to move up...

Worked for Cubic? Contribute to the Community!