Cullen/Frost Bankers Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Bank Teller

Pros

Great people to work with. Bank HOLIDAYS!

Cons

Limited availability to move up.

2. Teller

I worked at Cullen/Frost Bankers part-time

Pros

Nice people, good pay, clean environment

Cons

part time requires more hours than you expect, you can never take a day off, you have to work every Saturday

Advice to Management

If branch is not having tons of customers, allow employees to be off or go home.

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

I have been working at Cullen/Frost Bankers (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with great values. Won't require you to push sales as hard as other banks.

Cons

Could be a little bit more structured. Pay isn't on par with other banking institutions.

5. frost

I worked at Cullen/Frost Bankers full-time

Pros

Pay is okay,good to have as an experience.

Cons

They treat their employees like dirt.

Advice to Management

Eat a fat one.

6. Teller

Former Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Cullen/Frost Bankers part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

• Pay was great • Decent Atmosphere (for the most part) That's about all I can think of for the pros.

Cons

• incentives were cut to get pay increase. • management ignores problems at branch. • Disorganization and clutter make work at the branch near impossible. • management has no problem hounding you when you do something wrong but fail to praise on a job well done. • Management fails to notice the "Jokes" some coworkers make at other coworkers expense. • Management will actually join in the "Jokes" and laugh right along. • Branches were never cleaned and crawling with bugs even though we had "professional" cleaners come in nightly and someone to spray insecticide weekly. There are so many cons I can't even begin to think of it. Upper management placed me at a branch that's an hour and a half away from my house and gave me problems when I was 5 min late even though they promised to move me closer to home 5 months ago. I WOULD NOT recommend this company to anyone. Avoid this at all costs. This company is a cancer that will just suck the life out of you.

Advice to Management

I know the customer is always right (I guess) but maybe you should focus on your employees as much as you focus on your customers, especially when the customers treat the employees like dogs.

7. Favorite Bank that I've worked for so far.

Former Employee - Teller in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Houston, TX

Pros

They're honest, laid back, dependable and understanding. They worked well with students and were open to promoting from within.

Cons

I can't thank of any negatives from my time there. It was a great company to work for.

Don't Waste Your Time!

Former Employee - FIA Commercial Acct Tech in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - FIA Commercial Acct Tech in Dallas, TX

Pros

401K - After 90 days you are 100% vested. Pay is decent.

Cons

The account managers are the worse. The will treat you like crap and talk to you like you are stupid. Don't bother telling the boss or HR they want do anything. In the last year they have had to hire for the same job at least 3 times.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep employees treat everyone the same and quit playing favorites.

9. Associate Relationship Manager

Former Employee - Associate Relationship Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Relationship Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Cullen/Frost Bankers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable company, reputable name, great training for commercial lending, tenured employees, lots of support, central location, lots of career opportunities

Cons

leadership is pretty old fashioned, parking is 2 blocks away from the building on an open lot - it could be sketchy walking to your car at night and if the weather is bad, forget about it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - it's a great company! Consider more women in leadership roles.

10. Great people, poor pay.

Current Employee - Universal Banker in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Universal Banker in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cullen/Frost Bankers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are great to work with and the customers have become quite dedicated to the Frost Bank philosophy of banking.

Cons

Very conservative bank that although provides stability, gives the environment the vibe of we're better than our competitors because we're from Texas. Interest rates in both directions aren't competitive and lending side is I believe held back from many opportunities due to this. Please keep the technology up to date.

Advice to Management

If Frost Bank continues its conservative practices it will grow to a point in which it is simply gobbled up by a much larger bank simply for its depository moat. Become competitive or you'll wither away in an increasingly more competitive environment.

11. Great company for other departments maybe, but not for the "face of the bank" employees like tellers.

Current Employee - Teller in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Houston, TX

Pros

Easy job. Most branches are not busy throughout the day so it can get very boring.

Cons

Pay and favoritism. Customer service is very important but they put employees in danger with certain practices.

Advice to Management

Stop becoming best buddies with certain employees. Everybody should receive the same treatment and no special favors.

RSS Feed </> Embed