Cultural Care Au Pair Reviews

CEO

1. ok company

Current Employee - Au Pair in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Au Pair in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Cultural Care Au Pair full-time (more than a year)

Pros

they are a solid company

Cons

they make a lot of promises and never do anything

No caring about the employees

Can't wait to leave

I have been working at Cultural Care Au Pair

Pros

Good health insurance and dental is included too and there are a lot of people in the ex-EF network to tap into on linkedin

Cons

not a professional environment. you feel like u are being evaluated like you are rushing a sorority. Lots of back stabbing and gossip.

Incredibly disappointing experience. Little training and mentorship. Management does not value people on the ground.

Former Employee - Local Childcare Consultant
    Former Employee - Local Childcare Consultant

I worked at Cultural Care Au Pair

Pros

LCCs work with wonderful au pairs, host families and fellow LCCs.

Cons

Pay is poultry - this is more of a volunteer position than a job. Concerns are not heard by management. Rules are bent ALL THE TIME.

Listen to your LCCs, stay in State Department compliance. Take care of Au Pairs. Kick out host families that do not comply. It should not be about the bottom line!

Au pair

Current Employee - Au Pair in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Au Pair in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cultural Care Au Pair

Pros

Cultural experience, travels and possibility to take american classes ate rhe only pro about this job

Cons

Under paid, dont pay over time even over time is not allowed

Bad feeling

I have been working at Cultural Care Au Pair

Pros

This was an easy job to get but I realize now it's because it has high turnover and they are desperate for warm bodies to fill the jobs.

Cons

I was a Local Childcare Coordinator here and after working here for several months, I had a very, very bad feeling about the au pairs placed in the homes. I did not feel I could continue to work for an employer who I felt turned a blind eye to many, many problems. The pay is so low for the amount of headaches you have to deal with when an au pair gets kicked out of the house. Au pairs and host families will call you at all hours, day or night. The administrators you deal with at corporate are no help and often unresponsive and the au pairs and host families will be calling you when they have serious problems and you won't know what to tell them. i had a very, very bad feeling about working for this corporation and after witnessing the au pairs first hand, I would never let an au pair from this company take care of my children.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Cultural Care Au Pair full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, made some great friends because everyone is young

Cons

pay is low and bonuses are almost unattainable. there is very little growth potential to move up within the company. senior management is completely incompetent and unfair - i saw way too many people "pushed out" because they thought outside the box and didn't conform to the Cultural Care norm.

focus more on employee retention, promote those who are qualified and not those who suck-up to management, PAY MORE.

Fear of being sued

I worked at Cultural Care Au Pair

Pros

There are a few colleagues I will keep in touch with and the benefits are ok.

Cons

Imagine a future employer googling your name and seeing it listed as a defendant in a law suit. That's what some Cultural Care employees have experienced and you run that risk too if you deal with host families or au pairs directly (which is essentially everyone at the company in one way or another). With thousands of au pairs and host families being dealt with, this company invariably gets sued and employees get named. As an employee, it's not worth the risk of having your name dragged into a corporate lawsuit when they are dissatisfied with something you said or did. Even if the case gets ruled in favor of the company, a future employer won't want to hire you when they think you are a potential problem when they see your name listed online as a defendant in providing bad service. Can ruin your whole future career by working for this company. Not worth it. It's too high risk for what's at stake career wise.

9. Nice work environment

Current Contractor - Local Childcare Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Contractor - Local Childcare Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cultural Care Au Pair as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great exposure to other cultures, nice working environment (mostly women)

Cons

Doesn't pay much, typically work nights and weekends, hosts fillies and any pairs don't always appreciate work done and think we make far more $$ than we so

Pay contractors more $$ for interviews, reimburse for mileage and pay for mediations and exits.

10. Work for wonderful families and experience the life in USA.

Current Employee - Au Pair in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Au Pair in Novato, CA

I have been working at Cultural Care Au Pair full-time (less than a year)

Pros

At first, you will have your training in New York. If you won't have a change to go there during your year, you will at least have IT for a little bit in the beginning. Lot of families travel a lot, this means that you will probably travel with them. American families are very warm and positive, like actually most of people. You will be cover with good compliments.

Cons

The match might look perfect but you will actually know how the family is when you are living with them.

Keep up the same way.

11. good experience

I worked at Cultural Care Au Pair part-time

Pros

got to learn about different cultures

Cons

not much direction from corporate