Cultural Care Au Pair Reviews

CEO

1. Au Pair

Former Employee - Au Pair
    Former Employee - Au Pair

Pros

Excellent cultural exchange experience. Lots of amazing ppl always willing to help and advice you.

Cons

Need to have a great match before taking the opportunity. Met a lot of ppl that had a bad experience because of a bad match.

Okay job out of college

Former Employee - Placement Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Placement Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Cultural Care Au Pair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The demographics of coworkers makes it a great place to work after college. Buildings are very new and modern. Healthcare benefits are great, as are their ET and sick time policy.

Cons

No real career ladder. Often have to switch from one internal company to another. Environment can be clique-y with lots of gossip. Don't let anyone fool you, this is very much a sales job. If you do not hit your goals, you will not be rewarded and rewards are often trips where you get to spend three or four days in another country and working extensively! Managers definitely play favorites. The job is not 40 hours. The job is an expectation to get your work done and hit your goals, which may mean coming in early or staying late.

Advice to Management

Create a career ladder. Although it is marketed as a young and hip environment, it should feel open and safe as well, not allowing hostile behaviors by coworkers.

3. Au Pair Experience

Former Employee - Au Pair in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Au Pair in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Good experience living with an American family and learning English.

Cons

Sometimes had some issues with contacting them and solving schools unit requirement problems.

5. Great company!

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Cultural Care Au Pair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for growth, great people and beautiful office with brand new kitchen.

Cons

Work can be repetitive at times.

6. Au Pair Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Pros

- new exchange experience - new cultural experience - ability to travel and make new friends - new friends - good experience depends on the family and how the au pair is prepared

Cons

- unclear guide lines regarding work hours and what counts as work hours - short transition times if you go into rematch

7. Au Pair

Pros

Do Not have any bills to leave in the USA

Cons

Leaving in your work place does not give you enough freedom

Director

Current Employee - Director in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Cultural Care Au Pair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My favorite part of working here is the awesome, smart, hardworking people. My 2nd favorite thing about working here is all the different parts of me I get to utilize. Sometimes I get to be a social extrovert, and sometimes an analytical introvert. Sometimes I get to run around, do public speaking, make gift bags, lead a training, interview candidates, and have fun at work. I help support a staff that provides amazing experiences for au pairs and host families. There are indeed long-term career opportunities for the Best & Brightest.

Cons

A lot of the cons here seem to be from actual au pairs who didn't have the best situation, or from independent contractors (LCCs) who contract part-time with us. It is unfortunate when anyone affiliated with the company has a bad experience, but it's worth noting that full-time staff in the office (like me), or in the field, have a very different experience than those who are au pairs or independent contractors with us.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff. They are smart and thoughtful.

9. au pair

Former Employee - Au Pair in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Au Pair in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Cultural Care Au Pair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

my host family was very supportive, kind,even though there difficult moments, they were very nice to me when I need it the most.

Cons

my schedule was hard to handdle because it was fixed every day according to the mom's schedule, so I never knew how it was going to be for the next week, she changed it all the time.

10. Good Experience

Former Employee - Au Pair in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Au Pair in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cultural Care Au Pair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Possibility to explore a different culture

Cons

It depends on luck whether you get a great family

Advice to Management

Be more concerned about the Au Pair's well-being than the Host-families. Remember the Au Pair is here alone and relying on you

11. Wonderful experience and company - only if you take your time to find the right family.

Current Employee - Au Pair in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Au Pair in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Cultural Care Au Pair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good support (in most cases) Great life experience You get to know amazing people from all over the world

Cons

Low salary Many times they will support the family during a rematch and not the Au pair (even if they've been abusive in different ways)

RSS Feed </> Embed