Cultural Services of the French Embassy

Cultural Services of the French Embassy Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great missions, great opportunities, but too administrative

Deputy Attaché (Former Employee) Warsaw (Poland)

ProsPossibility to meet very interesting people for all sectors, the pay is good especially in Easter Countries, the missions are interesting,

ConsVery hierarchial, not enough business minded people whereas we are in times of economic diplomacy, no opportunities for advancement and no follow up after the mission ended (VIA contract)

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp more to find a job after the mission ended. Be more business minded.

Awesome way to experience life in France

Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) Lyon (France)

ProsIf you get placed in your top-choice location, you are super lucky-- but you will have a wonderful year!

ConsSOme people really end up in sort of isolated areas. I also heard that some people had difficulty with their students being obnoxious

A very worthwhile experience for anyone deciding whether to become a teacher and who enjoys foreign language and culture

English Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) Poitiers (France)

ProsYou get to work with French middle schoolers and high schoolers on a daily basis. You work only 12 hours a week, but are paid 1,100 Euros per month (800 Euros after taxes). You have plenty of free time and some extra money to travel in France and Europe. A large part of your rent is paid for by the French Government.

ConsThere are many administrative and bureaucratic hassles which can be very frustrating. Many parts of the French system are very inefficient and some are also unjust.

Worked for Cultural Services of the French Embassy? Contribute to the Community!