Culver Personnel Services

26 reviews filtered by
3.9
Tim Culver

1. You get out what you put in

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Amazing earning potential - uncapped commission!
    -Performance based incentives (both personal and team) - President's Club and Quota Club trips, company retreats, team dinners, gift cards, etc.
    -Merit based promotions and 3 promotion paths to choose from (I've been with the company 2 years, and have been promoted 3 times already)
    -Amazing company culture that the management team works hard to keep exciting
    -The management team is very open minded, and welcome suggestions
    -Great open door policy with the executives. I know I can always count on them when I need them
    -The people - some of the nicest people you will ever meet!
    -Fun job all around! Always different every day

Cons

Sales isn't for everyone. There will be bumps along the way, so you have to be resilient in order to make it. This isn't a job where you can just show up and expect good things to happen. You will have to work hard, but you'll definitely get out what you put in.

2. Awesome to gain experience

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services

Pros

good experience, fun people, get promoted fast.

Cons

management should be genuinely open to new ideas. Low Pay

Advice to Management

great job. keep it up

3. Amazing opportunity!

I worked at Culver Personnel Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great training – very hands on
    - Very collaborative environment/company
    - Fun Culture, sporting events, happy hours, contest, cash prizes, free trips
    - Learn A LOT about sales and the business world
    - I made multiple checks that were over $10K, money CAN be awesome!

Cons

- You have to be thick-skinned
    - You need to be loyal, the first year is tough so unless you are going to give it a solid 3 years don't even take the job
    - You need have a good work ethic. The first year is 9-10 hour days.

Young and fun environment

Former Employee - Recruiter in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Culver Personnel Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office culture was young and fun and exciting

Cons

Entry salaries were low from what I can remember

6. Great place to build a long term career!

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services

Pros

Culver offers a great culture and work environment--the ideal mix of working hard and then celebrating the successes! I definitely look forward to going in to the office daily. The recruiting business is very exciting, and each day brings something new. Culver definitely offers all the tools and resources necessary to do my job effectively. I enjoy collaborating with my colleagues, and we have a lot of fun in the office. There is ongoing training as well as exciting perks (contests, rewards, etc.) Earning potential is outstanding--commissions are very generous! Leadership is very approachable and will do everything they can to help employees be successful. The company is a true reflection of its core values, particularly integrity. I am so thankful that I have been able to take advantage of this unique career opportunity and that my job search took me in the direction of CulverCareers.

Cons

As with any sales position, you must be resilient for when things don't go exactly as planned.

7. Great experience and training

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Culver Personnel Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved my manager, she really took the time to make sure I would be successful. I worked on her projects and she would help close every deal. She was available for me any time I needed her. Pay is good for a recent grad, especially if you work hard and can sell.
    Lot's of food, lunches, snacks, happy hours, dinners, at least for my team there was.

Cons

None, except it can be a really hard job, some days. It's hard as a younger person to recruit higher level people sometimes. It's hard to be super credible with a 20 year salesperson.

Advice to Management

Not much to say, keep giving all of the perks though

8. Executive Search is a personal development opportunity disguised as a sales job

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culver leadership/management is accessible and approachable, hands-on and involved trianing/coaching philosophy, ample resources/support to do the job well, all expenses paid retreats/rewards trips, etc.

Cons

This business isn't for everyone. Just like any sales job, new hires need to come to their own understand of whether or not sales is the right match for them. If you have sales DNA and enjoy providing value to individuals and companies, Culver can be the spring-board to a helping you build phenomenal career.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging the process! Always look for new ways to make our environment, company, and approach to the business relevant to today's world.

9. Work hard play hard environment with unlimited earnings

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Culver has an Incredible culture and I have had the opportunity to forge many lifelong friendships during my tenure. The leadership team is very supportive and employees at every level have the opportunity to express their ideas to upper management. The earning potential is uncapped and this career is very rewarding since we are helping companies find top talent, and helping candidates find their next career.

Cons

There are a lot of uncontrollable factors when dealing with the human element.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. Have fun and make money!

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services full-time

Pros

Fun field, NEVER a dull moment. Recruiting seems to breed a "love it" or "hate it" reaction in most people. After many years in the business, I am happy to say that I STILL love the process, the wild cards, and the ability to help people in a real and meaningful way, and of course get paid for the efforts! All promotions from within, and a LOT of autonomy on how you run YOUR desk.

Cons

It's not an easy business, dealing with people means a fair amount of unpredictability, there are a lot of factors impacting a sale that are just plain beyond anyone's control. Some people go stir crazy being in an office, on the phone and computer all day every day.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the company, outside training, technology etc, and keep the corporate culture fun!

11. recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great training program while I was there.

Cons

Was not able to see the profits from working there.

Culver Personnel Services Photos