Culver Personnel Services

Tim Culver

Young and fun environment

Former Employee - Recruiter in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Culver Personnel Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Office culture was young and fun and exciting

Cons

Entry salaries were low from what I can remember

Great place to build a long term career!

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services

Pros

Culver offers a great culture and work environment--the ideal mix of working hard and then celebrating the successes! I definitely look forward to going in to the office daily. The recruiting business is very exciting, and each day brings something new. Culver definitely offers all the tools and resources necessary to do my job effectively. I enjoy collaborating with my colleagues, and we have a lot of fun in the office. There is ongoing training as well as exciting perks (contests, rewards, etc.) Earning potential is outstanding--commissions are very generous! Leadership is very approachable and will do everything they can to help employees be successful. The company is a true reflection of its core values, particularly integrity. I am so thankful that I have been able to take advantage of this unique career opportunity and that my job search took me in the direction of CulverCareers.

Cons

As with any sales position, you must be resilient for when things don't go exactly as planned.

Results oriented role!!!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Orange, CA

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Amazing training
    - You learn about all industries, companies, etc
    - Fun culture - Trip to Palm Springs, annual party in LA, team building events monthly
    - Flexibility to run your own desk
    - Only promote from within

Cons

- You have to be resilient!
    - The first year is difficult but you learn from every mistake (or at least you should)
    - You have to be able to 1) recruit and 2) bring on your own clients

Hire employees with more experience so they ramp up quicker.

Great experience and training

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Culver Personnel Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved my manager, she really took the time to make sure I would be successful. I worked on her projects and she would help close every deal. She was available for me any time I needed her. Pay is good for a recent grad, especially if you work hard and can sell.
    Lot's of food, lunches, snacks, happy hours, dinners, at least for my team there was.

Cons

None, except it can be a really hard job, some days. It's hard as a younger person to recruit higher level people sometimes. It's hard to be super credible with a 20 year salesperson.

Not much to say, keep giving all of the perks though

Executive Search is a personal development opportunity disguised as a sales job

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culver leadership/management is accessible and approachable, hands-on and involved trianing/coaching philosophy, ample resources/support to do the job well, all expenses paid retreats/rewards trips, etc.

Cons

This business isn't for everyone. Just like any sales job, new hires need to come to their own understand of whether or not sales is the right match for them. If you have sales DNA and enjoy providing value to individuals and companies, Culver can be the spring-board to a helping you build phenomenal career.

Keep challenging the process! Always look for new ways to make our environment, company, and approach to the business relevant to today's world.

Work hard play hard environment with unlimited earnings

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Culver has an Incredible culture and I have had the opportunity to forge many lifelong friendships during my tenure. The leadership team is very supportive and employees at every level have the opportunity to express their ideas to upper management. The earning potential is uncapped and this career is very rewarding since we are helping companies find top talent, and helping candidates find their next career.

Cons

There are a lot of uncontrollable factors when dealing with the human element.

Keep up the great work!

Have fun and make money!

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services full-time

Pros

Fun field, NEVER a dull moment. Recruiting seems to breed a "love it" or "hate it" reaction in most people. After many years in the business, I am happy to say that I STILL love the process, the wild cards, and the ability to help people in a real and meaningful way, and of course get paid for the efforts! All promotions from within, and a LOT of autonomy on how you run YOUR desk.

Cons

It's not an easy business, dealing with people means a fair amount of unpredictability, there are a lot of factors impacting a sale that are just plain beyond anyone's control. Some people go stir crazy being in an office, on the phone and computer all day every day.

Keep investing in the company, outside training, technology etc, and keep the corporate culture fun!

recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Culver Personnel Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

great training program while I was there.

Cons

Was not able to see the profits from working there.

Under values employees

I worked at Culver Personnel Services

Pros

There are not alot of pros. This company will hire almost anyone. Probably the only pro is that you are getting some sort of income.

Cons

Company doesn't stand by its values - Part of the so-called "culture" is a balanced life, but you are REQUIRED to work a MINIMUM of 45 hours a week. The management team is always on your back and watches you like a hawk. The pay is a big joke - Culver pays WAY below the staffing industry average. You do not get any paid days off in your first year (maybe 24 hours MAX) - When you get time off, the company still wants you work on your day off.

Take care of your workers better.

Recommend

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Culver Personnel Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people and company culture was great, really. Uncapped earning potential and you learn a lot from recruiting people into other companies about what the real world is like out there- what companies are good to work for and what aren't and why. Stick to it long enough to ramp up and you'll be able to run your desk like your own business. I worked there for several years and made between 35K up to over 100K on a strong year. Be prepared that this kind of work is sometimes feast, sometimes famine. It's not a salaried job but it can be a fun one and I do have good memories there.

Cons

You can't just roll in and not care about this work. You have to really want to achieve. I found it interesting and challenging enough to keep me going. Remember recruiting and headhunting still involves sales, so if you have no interest in that, don't try.

Upper management was strong when I was there- assume it still is. VP and C-level people were excellent and approachable. I had several different managers who were awesome- the kind of persons you'd almost lay on a train track for. However some office managers I felt just weren't great individual producers so went the management route to get money off their reps closing contracts. This was OK so long as they weren't in my way and I got all the support I ever needed from higher management when I needed more room. Advice: Thanks for listening to your employees and respecting their potential.

Culver Personnel Services Photos