Culver's

www.culvers.com

Culver's Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Culver's – Menomonie – “Front Counter”

Culver's Chairman and CEO Craig C. Culver

Craig C. Culver

Pros
  • small discount on food, easy job, you can be under 18, the owner was fantastic, good first time job, hours were flexible(in 7 reviews)

• Made good friends with many of my coworkers, flexible hours(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Not exactly a con, but I was being paid minimum wage at the time(in 7 reviews)

• no respect from all of your hard work(in 5 reviews)

Interesting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPart time was pretty good I guess

ConsHas not stopped me from seeking other opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Fun place to work, took care of their employees

General Employee (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsVery flexible with hours and offer opportunities for more hours if you want them. Food benefits as well. Fun place to work

ConsCan be some repetitiveness as you are doing similar things each day. Employees can get on your nerves sometimes as well

Its had its ups and downs

First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Two Harbors, MN

ProsThe flexibility is better than you could ask for.

ConsPay seems less than other places requiring similar skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed incentives to keep employees around.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Eh

I Do Everything (Current Employee)

ProsDiscount on meals, co-workers start to feel like family, flexible schedule, recognizing costumers and getting to know them on a personal level

ConsNot feeling like a valued employee, low pay for such high demands, sometimes working a 8 hour shift with no break, getting verbally abused everyday by costumers, getting pulled into the office for one slip up but not being recognized for hard work, feeling like the owner has it out for you, overall a really crappy first job

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing so much on things that hardly matter and learn how to compliment your employees!

Loved the ability to touch tables.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThe ability to make a guest feel welcome and make the wrong things right. Also all restaurants are independently owned and operated.

ConsEach owner makes their own set of policies and procedures and can do whatever they want inside their own restaurants. Create policies one day then they change them tomorrow.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't reword or recognize companies that don't deserve it based on sales alone.

Culver's is a great place to work for. However, you need to feel like you are needed and as a valuable employee.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Green Bay, WI

ProsMy co-workers and managers are fun to work with. Benefits are good, and the discounted food is great.

ConsWhen the owner is in the restaurant, the tension is so high. They never see any good in the establishment. And they belittle the manager and crew on the floor. We can never do any right.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work,

Enjoyed my time there.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Morton Grove, IL

ProsThe atmosphere is usually fast pace and stressful at times which I enjoyed, but not all people will. Working as a store manager the work-life balance can be difficult especially when you get called in on your days off. Working while being a student, they were always flexible with hours.

ConsManagers usually do not get paid what they deserve for the amount of work and what is expected of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not push the lower managers so hard they do not get paid enough.

Four Years of Butterburgers

Team Member (Former Employee) Rock Falls, IL

ProsFun to work in a team environment, and meeting people is always fun.

ConsWe were right off of the highway, so schools travelling to different events on buses would come, often late at night when we were understaffed. Then of course, there's the grumpy and/or rude people that you encounter.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't need to baby your team - if you hired them well, they should know how to go above and beyond. Being talked down to in a way when you already do all kinds of extra work can be very frustrating.

Great first job.

Crew Member (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, able to move up and be trained in all areas.

ConsNothing major, occasionally have to pick up the slack for other workers, bu that seems to be the same everywhere.

Good first job

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsWorked my way up to becoming a manager. Was a fairly easy job. Very flexible.

ConsWho you work with makes all the difference with this job. Good employees are hard to come by so you have to do what it takes to keep them

Advice to Senior ManagementTakes awhile to accumulate vacation.

Worked for Culver's? Contribute to the Community!