Culver's Reviews

Updated October 29, 2014
3.6

Culver's Chairman and CEO Craig C. Culver
Craig C. Culver

Pros
  • small discount on food, easy job, you can be under 18, the owner was fantastic, good first time job, hours were flexible (in 8 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, able to move up and be trained in all areas (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Overworked and not paid the deserved compensation, even at minimum wage (in 10 reviews)

• no respect from all of your hard work (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Very well organized and a great place to work while in school.

Current Employee - Kitchen Worker in Janesville, WI
    Current Employee - Kitchen Worker in Janesville, WI

I have been working at Culver's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible! I worked there for about 5 years, and felt as comfortable at my end of days working at Culvers, as I did when I first started. Great group of people I have seen at the Culver's where I worked at. Whether you are working in the kitchen or up front taking orders, regardless everyone has to have a great personality to fit in.

Cons

Some people may view how fast you need to be at Culver's to be successful. Culver's is a very busy place, and requires fast reaction time; especially working in the kitchen.

Crew Member

I worked at Culver's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Give you plenty of training
    - The atmosphere is typically positive
    - Most management are fully aware of their responsibilities
    - Plenty of opportunity to gain customer service skills

Cons

- Scheduling was sometimes difficult
    - Always training incompetent new hires
    - Difficult to move up in ranking, as favoritism was obvious at some locations

Very fast paced environment

Former Employee - Cashier/Crew Member in Rice Lake, WI
    Former Employee - Cashier/Crew Member in Rice Lake, WI

I worked at Culver's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You meet new people, you can eat culver's when you go on break, you make friends with the employees

Cons

You can never stop moving, you have to clean alot

Look into some of the other managers- they're the reason why I quit

A good first job

Former Employee - Cashier/Crew Member
    Former Employee - Cashier/Crew Member

I worked at Culver's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Set hours, fast-paced working experience

Cons

Long hours on your feet, minimum training, high stress environment during peak hours

I always worked 4-5 hours with no break, and would only get a shift every one to two weeks.

Bad managers/supervisors make for bad environment

Former Employee - Crew in Pekin, IL
    Former Employee - Crew in Pekin, IL

I worked at Culver's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Getting to work with the public, being able to get a discount on the culver's food, being able to have not alot of stress like other fast food places.

Cons

Terrible sexual harassment, good work is not recognized, fostered a community of drug addicts, bad workers, and enabled sexual harassers

It's aight.

Former Employee - Crew Member
    Former Employee - Crew Member

I worked at Culver's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you try hard and are willing to learn new things you can move up easily. All concepts and sections carefully outlined. No drug test. Interview was quick and easy. You will receive praise when doing things right. You are able to have piercings and tattoos usually.

Cons

All managers could use more training in how to deal with people and employees. The managers were kindof at each others throats so it was hard for them to communicate. They expect a lot if you do a good job but if you are always crappy they overlook you and let you get away with things. Everyone is blamed for one persons mistake. They have a hard time creating a good schedule for you if you have other things going on like another job, school, etc. Employees are gossipy and there is work drama a lot.

More training to all managers. Watch cameras closely before going through with any accusations. Have all managers and shift leaders and assistant managers be more on the same page.

Flexible Schedule

Former Employee - Cashier/Crew Member in Ada, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier/Crew Member in Ada, MI

I worked at Culver's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great food, Fun co workers and great atmosphere

Cons

minimum wage and usually understaffed.

you pay minimum wage and each burger is at least 4.00 dollars. you can afford to have more staff.

Good job experience.

Current Employee - Team Member in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Culver's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a good place where you can bond with coworkers; lots of eagerness to work as a team. Easy-going atmosphere outside of rush hours; fun place to get to interact with many different kinds of people. You really get to be close friends with some of your crew managers and other crew members. You get a good amount of hours each week, and generally job tasks are very simple and easy to accomplish.

Training went pretty smoothly and if you make a mistake while working, friendly coworkers willing to help you fix the mistake and let you improve without the worry of impending harsh judgement.

- Strict but understandable dress code.

Cons

Overworked and not paid the deserved compensation, even at minimum wage. Many lazy coworkers that resulted in too much work being put on for driven workers. Too many moments where I had to take on 4 tasks at once to get jobs done and help customers while other employees reluctant to help out as they joked around in the back of the restaurant (general unprofessional-ism). High amounts of stress. If you are open and accepting about taking other people's hours that don't wish to work, or coming to work on day-offs when they call you in, upper management takes advantage of that entirely and works you until you're sore.

Not much respect for employee mental health with lack of disciplinary for the workers that slack off.

- No piercings.
    - No "unnatural"/"crazy" hair colors.

Too much work

Current Employee - Crew Member in Hiawatha, IA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Hiawatha, IA

I have been working at Culver's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you like working a ton of hours then work here. We had a shortage of employees so I was working about 24 hours a week. I'm only 16. Regardless of that it's a nice work environment.

Cons

You'r supposed to get a pay raise every 6 months but that doesn't happen. It really sucks.

Give workers the same respect you would want from an employer. Don't get mad at every little thing they do wrong.

STAY IN THE MID WEST PLEASE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Culver's full-time

Pros

There really aren't any Pros for this mid west based company

Cons

Its basically a joke watching a mid west company break into a fast pace environment.....they do not have any idea what is in store. Owner/operator hasn't even opened up one store and already looking to open many more...Go back to IL... it would be better for FL.

Culver's Photos