Culver's

www.culvers.com
Profile Unclaimed

I have learned a lot about myself in this company.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Culver's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a very friendly environment and laid back depending on the franchise owner you have and his or her partner they may have.

Cons

Because it's a very friendly and laid back environment sometime employees lack in professionalism and there seems to be a lot of drama that could be avoided.

Pay your managment what they deserve. If they are going above and beyond their essential functions and you promote them to assistant manager. He or she should get a raise. If you value you the people you have not just with your words but also financially, who knows then maybe they could be a potential partner of your franchise. And another thing if you state that after a year of working that the full timers would get benefits and don't Thats not ok.

Not as good as it looks

Former Employee - Associate in De Forest, WI
    Former Employee - Associate in De Forest, WI

I worked at Culver's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Customers aren't too bad like at some other fast food restaurants. It focuses on better ingredients which gives the chain a much better rep.

Cons

Very very difficult to get a decent amount of hours. At one time there may be as much as 50 part time employees, which makes it harder. Also the compensation for mid-low range employees is stingy.

Its fast dfood.

Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Kenosha, WI
    Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Culver's

Pros

Flexible schedule. Ability to cross train across positions. Ability to work your way up to getting your own store.

Cons

Dealing with people. Highschool coworkers who dont care more so then customers.

Great place to work

I have been working at Culver's

Pros

Good product to work with

Cons

Smell like food when go home

Great first job, and maybe only job

Current Employee - Crew Member in Buffalo, MN
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Buffalo, MN

I have been working at Culver's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discount, Great food, Friendly co-workers, Great pay, Flexible, and Fast paced

Cons

Working at Culver's is awesome! There is nothing that I dislike about it.

Rock on Chad!

What a hooks

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Casa Grande, AZ
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Casa Grande, AZ

I worked at Culver's

Pros

A lot dedicated people wanting to do a great with zero gratitude from employers. I could not image this but it possible but not for long.

Cons

They are a joke. Paid minimal wage to expect the maximal performance. Very demanding employer and yet not appreciative. I was called a ret*** more than once by management personnel and am 100% sure my old CEO has Zero idea on how to run a successful business. I predict less than 5 year before they go under. The Culver names can not save them . They are arrogant and treat their employees like dirt. Best in failure!

Your employees will make or break you. You need them and should treat them so. You are even unpleasant to each other which is so sad since you have to start their. People hate coming in to a place of such bad energy. The good manager do not and will not last with your company, not because of your brilliance bus your stupidity. I had a lot of arrogant talk that is so unprofessional. No one is empowered here and are looked over like a thief. I am sure most people will never be much working in this over priced, over rated fast food place. That what you are at the end of the day. Stop acting like you are The Ritz. Fried food.

Not worth it

Current Employee - Crew Member in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Culver's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to interact with customers and it's fun working drive thru when it's not busy. Discount on extremely fattening food

Cons

High stress environment when busy. Everyone turns on each other when a small mistake is made. Too much gossip amongst employees. Managers play favoritism and underappreciate good workers but give the lazy ones a lot of hours. No real benefits for working here. Owner is very cheap and ungrateful. Overall this place is okay at first but gets to be too much very quickly.

Please recognize everyone for their hard work instead of people you just like. Give everyone a fair chance. I was a good worker but regarded as lazy because I had a rocky start but my improvements weren't recognized just when I messed up and that was rare after 5 months of work here.

Webb City Culver's is a decent company for which to work, but there are issues about which you should be aware.

Former Employee - Team Member in Webb City, MO
    Former Employee - Team Member in Webb City, MO

I worked at Culver's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The franchisee (Jered) is a great owner. He is a genuine guy, and he cares about his employees. A few managers were good as well.

Cons

My particular location had a few people in management that had no business being there. They were overly critical of employees and just plain jerks at some points. Employees would always roll their eyes or scoff at them when they were not around. A few times, they humiliated employees publicly with no regards to the consequences of doing this. The wage was too low considering the poor management.

Do 360 degree reviews so you can find out which managers are good from everyone's perspective and which managers act differently when the owners are around. A few managers need to be cut quickly, for they are causing most of the employee turnover.

Great People, Good Food

Former Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Culver's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Food discount program, health benefits

Cons

Upper Management and Ownership needs improvement

Care about your people, it is the only way to grow

Difficult at times, but good first job.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Birch Run, MI
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Birch Run, MI

I have been working at Culver's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was always getting raises, the owner was very generous and gave all the employees presents or money for holidays and anniversaries. pretty good hours, and they work well with a busy schedule.

Cons

Very strict on what you have to do, and sometimes not very nice about it. The training needs to be a little more extensive. They tend to just throw you in.

Culver's Photos