Cumberland Farms

Add Photos

Joseph H. (Joe) Petrowski

Good college job

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Amherst, MA

ProsIIt pays ok for what you are asked to do, relaxed management with good understanding

ConsDeal with drunk people alot

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more of a reason to work hard

Good college job

ProsRelaxed Culture
    Small enough that it feels like you matter
    Big ENough for room for growth

ConsCleaning Bathroom
    Part Time so don't know much about time off

Advice to Senior ManagementBonus's would help employees work harder

Store Manager

ProsThe regular customers are like family, the ASMs work their butts off for their managers and the pay and benefits are great. Those are the only reasons I stay.

ConsLittle support from corporate, the equipment, technology and labor allowed are insufficient. Terrible MIT program.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade upgrade upgrade! Equipment is constantly breaking, the software is inadequate, the MIT program is outdated and poorly managed.
    Improve AIM store layouts; bigger coolers, bigger coffee counters, more storage etc..
    And of course, more labor hours are needed in AIM locations. I know the charts and graphs, transactions per labor hour and all of that is determining what the stores need but it's not working very well. Just ask any AIM manager. ....
    The messages from Ari and Dave are wonderful and inspiring and the value wheel is excellent, (I love the focus on personal integrity and growth) but unfortunately the stores cannot run solely on good vibes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Store Managers view

Store Manager (Former Employee) Pottstown, PA

ProsGreat company to work for. Very for their employees. Awesome benefits for all full time employees.

ConsLong hours if you are short on help. Company does not like to allow overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll stores need more double coverage hours not just the AIM stores, The stores will be more productive and be better over all in cleanliness.

I like it so far.

ProsYou get to do a variety of tasks.

ConsThere is no place to sit.

I worked with them for 6 years and it was fun place to work.

Customer Service Leader (Former Employee)

ProsThey are trying to take better care of employees with discount cards and mystery shops. They are being more aggressive with there marketing, store values, updating stores, and striving to be the best. With the new smart pay and the perks of having the smart pay app is really boosting sales. Not to mention the coffee that is just 99 cents. In the store that I was in it was like a small family you get to know one another be a team, even the new comers we always tried to make them feel apart of out team.

ConsSome of the stuff that I didn't much care for was getting a bigger better store to make food and sell gas. As nice of a place it is came a lot more responsibility and a lot more work but never got an increase in pay. When it came to training in the new store was a little lacking and a little miss informative. they expect a lot out of there store management employees but do not recognize the dedication and hard work that the assistant managers put in just as the manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have an employee who wants to chance and there is no reason to not give them the chance. Some people might surprise you if given the proper chance to shine.

rewarding get to meet great people everyday

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)

Prosgive incentives to there employees

Conslong hours somtimes but not always

Advice to Senior Managementbetter managers

Cumberland Farms

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a fast pace job to always stay busy

ConsManagement didn't do much with problem staff

I worked there for 7 years and they were like a second family.

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Burlington, VT

ProsGreat company to work for (Especially the store I worked for, and especially working for Bill G. who was by far the best boss I have ever had). They are actively striving to become one of the best companies to work for.

ConsCan't really think of any. Even the area manager, Bob, was a great guy, and Al who was above him was a super nice and easy to get along with guy. Even up to the owner of the company from what I have heard is an incredibly nice person.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

I enjoyed interacting with the customers and enjoyed my co-workers laughter and fun

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Montpelier, VT

ProsInteracting with customers, helping with any problems they or my co-workers had

Conspower outages were always a sticky situation

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Cumberland Farms? Contribute to the Community!