Cumming Reviews

9 reviews filtered by
3.6
Finlay Cumming

1. Featured Review

It's is a great place to work. Lots of camaraderie. Heavy investment in personal growth.

Current Employee - Estimator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Estimator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cumming full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

We work and play hard. Don't apply if you are looking for a job. Only apply if you are looking for a career. The company has a formal leadership development plan that grows individuals in their career and it willingly supports self directed personal growth endeavors. Accountability is open and direct with the goal of top quality deliverables and client satisfaction as the baseline for performance. Nice bonus plan if you perform well. Good benefits. Management is willing to listen and encourages individual initiative. Opportunity to be involved in many different kinds of construction - hotels, gaming, healthcare, education, civic, infrastructure, government, private, mixed use, corporate, themed entertainment, mission critical.

Cons

It has become a large firm with the resultant loss of some of the intimacy that a small firm affords but this is far outweighed by the resources that are available at your fingertips. All the latest software and hardware. The intimacy is still preserved in each office. The company has grown so much that it is impossible to know everyone in the firm now. Nice working environments. Don't look for a private office but count on comfortable contemporary workspaces.

Continue the leadership development initiative. Preserve the flat organizational structure as best you can with the growth plan. Continue to vest decision making authority at the lowest levels possible. Continue to develop leaders from within as far as possible. Keep doing what you are doing.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Cumming full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Office culture is great at Cumming. Everyone makes it fairly easy to transition into working here, and very helpful with answering any questions. I have had the opportunity to learn so much more about the industry from my team members! Also, everyone here is very friendly, and will start up a conversation on how your weekend went, your family, etc. Cumming also has a "work hard, play hard" mentality, and I tend to work best in that environment.

Cons

I haven't come across many downsides to be honest. I am looking forward to a few more processes to be implemented, the company is growing and some areas still need to catch up with that growth.

Continue to encourage personal growth and leadership opportunities.

3. College life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at Cumming full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Above average pay. Beer in the office. There can be some fun and generous and fun events. You get to work on exciting projects.

Cons

Where do I begin? Senior management with no formal training or even a Bachelors degree. Unethical practices are the only thing that is consistent. The compensation and bonus program is unfair with no real parameters. All of the bonuses, vacation time allotment, salary and benefits are not transparent. There is no consistency and each person is basically given what their hiring manager believes that specific person should get. Employees from the UK are favored over the other employees. Billable time is more important than everything else. No flex time - at all. You are looked down upon if you are a few minutes late even when you worked late the day before. Benefits are expensive.

Hire managers with the education and qualifications necessary to lead a company. Have set standards with minimal exceptions.

Cumming Response

Feb 20, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition & Development

Thank you for your review. I’m truly sorry and saddened to hear that you feel this way. As a 10 year tenured Team Member, you have likely been a catalyst to our success, culture, and growth over the ... More

You must be ambitious

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cumming full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you want challenge and ask for it, they will give you a shot. They are not afraid to let young people take on big roles.

Cons

If you don't fight for your compensation and position, you won't get ahead. They will reward ambition, but if you are a doer and not a seller, you will be stuck until you sell yourself higher.

A clearer org structure would be great.

Great people

I have been working at Cumming full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with coming for some time now and what keeps me here is the people. Companies attempt to invest and push "culture", but CCorp just has it. Its a laid back atmosphere where you have the freedom to do your job well. You're held to a high standard and less is rarely accepted, but if you're up for it, then you will do well.

Back to the point, its the great people that drive this company. People you can laugh with if you have the ability to laugh at yourself as well. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Cons

Like many companies, you see people thrive and grow because they're good at what they do. Also like many companies, you wonder why certain people aren't held to the highest standard of the majority. I think that's present everywhere, however.

The executive team brings individual strengths and weaknesses to the table and I feel they balance eachother out well. None of them expect you to be a "yes man".

7. Good if you don't mind one sided expectations

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cumming full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good co-workers to collaborate with

Cons

The head of claims hold you to your deadlines but never hold to his promises

None

8. Cummins

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Cumming full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is good company but very slow when it come to execution.

Cons

very slow when it come to execution and growth

increase growth opportunities within.

Like a bad highschool dream

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Cumming

Pros

Could be a semi-decent overall company
    Company provided sodas and candy
    Decent, yet pricey, benefits
    Flexable work hours
    Decent vacation/sick hours

Cons

Clique mentality; us or them, no we.
    Hostile Environment
    Unnecessary stressful situations created by management
    Limited number of holidays
    Poor Company Communication

Listen to your employees feedback.
    When several people in the company file complaints against a manager it usually means they are a bad manager. Address it and fix it.

Working with Cumming is like working in a family environment.

I have been working at Cumming

Pros

There is no harsh hierarchy between management and other employees, everyone is very down to earth. It's the type of company where you'd feel comfortable grabbing a cup of coffee and chatting with anyone.

Very oriented towards team building, which reflects through sports leagues which have been started up (ex. baseball, kickball, etc.) The company also holds several events for team members to get together. I myself have hung out with a majority of my co-workers outside of the work place. You won't dread going into the lunch room with everyone.

Cons

There aren't very many downsides, to be honest. You're not going to get every Federal holiday off, but the major holidays you do have off.

Keep up the team building and make the company continue to feel like family! Also, continue to provide positive reinforcement to employees - those two things have kept the team morale up and continue to.