Cummins Filtration

Cummins Filtration Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Cummins Filtration President Joseph Saoud

Joseph Saoud

Too much work in such little time

Prosgreat opportunity, communication with great executives, training offered to enhance knowledge.

Consoverworked, under appreciated, not enough pay for the amount of work required. Resources are limited.

Advice to Senior Managementneed to realign the operational processes that are put into place. this will eliminate the high employee turnover rate

Cummins employee wishing things could change

ProsGood pay. Great people working with.

ConsI work @ cummings neillsveille plant in wisconsin. It uses to be a Great place to work. It has just gone down Hill the last year. We work 6 ten your says manditory. We dont get that much vacation so u could use It up pretty fast if u need a week end off. Today thier was a tornato 8 miles away & wr had to keep working the siren was going off but It didnt matter.the health insurance sucks.the plant Is very diry.wr use wax for our moldes that has warnings on It not to inhail It could cause breathing problems & damage your central nurvios systom. All the employees are worn out tires & Miss thier families.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down on over time. Put in air filtration. Let the employees know thier lives matter.stop threats that they could get fired.cleaner plant. Have the right amount of employees on a line so we are not doing more them we are capable of. If It take five employees to build a product u should have 5 assemble It not two.

Great Company Culture

Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) Cookeville, TN

ProsThe biggest thing that stands out from working with Cummins is they have a superb company culture. The attitude of management toward individual contributors is as good as I've ever seen. All employees regularly are contacted by upper management on the direction of the company, and it really engenders a sense of wholeness with the company.

ConsGeographic flexibility is an absolute must.
    Unfortunately there are some employees who may be a little incompetent.

Advice to Senior ManagementExternal talent acquisition should be a higher priority.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Corporate Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) Stoughton, WI

ProsGreat culture and values
    Diversity
    Growth oriented

ConsNo cons for this company

Good Company to Work

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Stoughton, WI

Pros- Diverse Cultural Environment
    - Growing market
    - Career Growth
    - Good compensation

Cons- Don't have good systems to support the growth.
    - Need lot of developments before getting close to world class manufacturing

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild systems and ensure use of those system for sustained growth

Great place to work !!!

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

Proswork-life balance, solid core values, company with mission to grow

Consunnecessary budget cuts lately leading to disgruntled employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPolicies should be similar to Cummins, which is the parent company. They try to run this as a separate company and there is a HUGE difference in "benefits"

Was a good company to work for as an intern but did not provide much room for improvement within the company.

Planning Forecasting and Reporting Intern (Current Employee) Murfreesboro, TN

ProsSteady pay and down-to-earth co workers. It is a relaxing work environment most days and because of this there are great opportunities for networking. Overall good company culture.

ConsOnce hired as a full time employee there is a good chance you may stay in that position if you do not have a graduate school degree. Job can get repetitive and frusturating when you are taken away from your daily projects because of six sigma training.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave managers check-in more often with interns on job performance during the summer. Spend less time focusing on Six Sigma training and also spend more time monitoring some employees work ethic. I know some interns who got a job offer because they were friendly with the right people instead of actual performance on the job.

Not well supported in Job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stoughton, WI

ProsCummins believes in training and education. They reward innovation. There is pride in the product and the fact that it helps the environment.

ConsThe company employes a performance model based on a normal distribution. There are a set number of achievers at each level. This produces a homogeneous culture of like-minded people and sometimes competition can be very fierce for the top spots.

Excellent company with great leader

Engineering (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsI am allowed to take risk and be creative. Good job is visible and rewarded. Management is very supportive.

ConsToo much work. We are doing ten times more than we were two years ago with the same amount of people.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people to help with work life balance. Joseph should keep doing what he is doing because it is working. Most people like the performance culture and the results he has created. Excellent leadership team.

Sr Management Needs to be Changed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsCummins is an excellent employer as a whole and Filtration used to be until the current President came and changed everything. The benefits are more than fair but do seem to be less and less every year.

ConsReviews are not consistent from manager to manager. The environment is now very political and male oriented. It is difficult for women to be advanced and most of the top leadership is new as the old leaders either left or were forced out.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet red of the current Sr. management team. The damage being done now may show short term results but will be detrimental to the long term of the business.

Worked for Cummins Filtration? Contribute to the Community!