Cummins Filtration

Cummins Filtration Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Cummins Filtration President Joseph Saoud

Joseph Saoud

Friendly company with goo co-workers

Prosgood work culture, good ethics

ConsNot too many. Just the usual cons

Limited advancement opportunities

Technician (Current Employee) Cookeville, TN

ProsIt seems to be a great place for engineers. They provide great experience for interns and co-ops.

ConsIf you are not an engineer you will likely start as a technician with no real opportunity for advancement. They do not hire their contingent employees and expect them to work for 2+ years with no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance is good, time off policies if you are hired on seem descent.

It is a good place to start with your career, but not much room for future development

ProsOverall Cummins is an excellent company, with great company value and diversity. Work life balance, and very friendly co-workers.

ConsLimited career development opportunity in Filtration business unit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor management regularly treats employees poorly as though they are not needed and only trouble.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Neillsville, WI

ProsOK benefits. The front bathrooms are really nice. The people in the Neillsville area are rather pleasant to work with.

ConsPoor management, poor work life balance. Poor health insurance. Must work every weekend. The building is always extremely warm, maybe because they vent there heaters inside the building. Management regularly recruits new college graduates with no experience and utilize them to drive the production and productivity with no understanding of typical production on a factory floor. The company also regularly wastes large quantities of money on million dollar projects designed by a single college graduate or individual who desires to own the entire project and is not asked or required to gather input from multiple people or disciplines to provide success for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStarting acting like a company run by shareholders. Stop letting the plant management treat employees as though they have nothing to offer other than their Saturdays and Sundays.

GREAT

Research Engineer (Former Employee) Stoughton, WI

Prosgreat work environment, nice people

Consnothing bad about this company

Over worked, Under appreciated

Picker (Former Employee) Walton, KY

ProsBest temp paying job at the time

ConsManagement treats you like you don't matter. Don't ask about getting hired for a full time job because they will tell you anything to get you back to work.
    Full time employees tell you what management doesn't want you to know....the TRUTH !!
    Yet they blame the troubles on the full timers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not tell temps you will hire them when you know you won't.
    Your turn over will stay the same or climb even higher not because of the truth coming out but because management forgets who got this company up and going
    Sure wish the real managemnet from the top down could see what really happens with all the favorites.

You'll likely be overqualified for what they ask you to do.

Filtration Division Intern (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsPretty free in direction if you get the right manager(for internship), Good place to work overall in terms of benefits and outside resources to get involved in the community

ConsA lot of bureaucracy, too much for me to want to work there, 6 sigma projects required for *ANY* promotion (results in worthless projects being pursued, and repeated), Technological dark age in comparison to other divisions, personnel typically under-utilized, they will not hesitate to send the actual engineering to some data center in India(not very fulfilling if you're an engineer)

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they know what makes them 'innefficient' and will usually tell you and tell you often.

Profitable company - many good policies

Account Manager (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsProfitable, lots of talented people, aggressive work environment

ConsSecurity is hard to come by, significant pressure at all times to excel, cut costs

Advice to Senior ManagementWould appreciate more latitude

nice place to work

Crane Operator (Former Employee) Viroqua, WI

Prosreally great pay,really good insurance

Consvery dirty place,long hours,very hot

Interview

ProsMore behavioral than Technical, GPA should be > 3.0

ConsNone I can think of at present

Worked for Cummins Filtration? Contribute to the Community!