Cummins Power Generation
www.cumminspower.com Minneapolis, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Cummins Power Generation Reviews in United Kingdom

Cummins Power Generation – Fridley – “Line 15”

Cummins Power Generation President Tony Satterthwaite

Tony Satterthwaite

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

cummins quality placement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cummins Power Generation

Prosprogressive company which gives ownership to the student

Conscould have provided more student specific training

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Short and sweet with in-depth knowledge of power generation market

Supply Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cummins Power Generation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDiversity, work-life balance, less stressful, good mobility.

ConsUK salary structure not aligned to competitors, not enough challenges, slow learning.

Disorganised chaos, bad senior management and no chance of promotions.

Business (Former Employee)
Manston, England (UK)

I worked at Cummins Power Generation

ProsVery friendly members of staff who will help you get settled in. Really interesting work. Bonus and medical cover are average (if you do not work on factory floor).

ConsSome Senior management who treat you in discriminate manner.
Define uncrackable glass ceiling if you are British and even more so if you are female.
Pay will not increase regardless of contract.
Job role will be changed.
Working from home at 2am in the morning as well as long hours every day.
Gradings mean even if you have worked hard all year you can go on the at risk of being fired list.
If you work here join the union.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealise the full potential of middle management well educated staff you have and promote accordingly regardless of direct managers opinions.

Great global company in Thanet

Product Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cummins Power Generation

ProsGrowing company, good company values, good career growth opportunities

ConsHigh expectations and performance standards require heavy workload - - this is not a place to work if you don't like to work hard

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are some weak middle managers that you could afford to lose.

I have been working at Cummins Power Generation

ProsThe money is good, particularly for this region of the UK

ConsCurrently we are making redundancies. It's a very stressful time for all.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the way that you treat your employees. Abide by your own Vision and Misson

Cummins Dependable since 1919 but expendable in 2009 .

Manager (Current Employee)
Manston, England (UK)

I have been working at Cummins Power Generation

ProsIt pays the bills. For now. The Company has a strong name. I believe in the USA, employees are well considered.

ConsA lot of frustration due to complexity for doing anything. IT has too many stakeholders for taking any actions that we are too slow to react.
Paid in Sterling but having living expenses indexed on the Euro makes a salary reduction of 50 %,

The orderboard wants to increase , but decisison are made to deliver them at teh end of year , which contains more and more uncertainities. This likely to to end in non orders or cancellations if we wait too long. People were feeling left aside in Kent before the situation turned down. Employee moral was low. The difficulty in this situation is tah company shall also focus on how well they will end the curve. When economy will kick in again , companies that woould have managed more carefully will be able to ramp up quicker than others and will take marketshare... If they have the right people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonthly measures to reduce workforce does not provide a good message that the company was telling before. We were told the company was strong and had plans in case a downturn was to happen.
Communication is extremely bad and staff is feeling left alone. THe Management team is nowhere to be seen. Looking too much on the US side

Basically a good company to work for but some irritations.

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cummins Power Generation

ProsExcellent product, global company and market leader. There many opportunities for promotion and travel. they encourage and financially support employees further education and development.

ConsOver obsession with Diversity. Hire and fire approach and a lack of humanity on a genuine level. There is an information blockage between middle and senior management make it difficult to see how changes are decided upon.Very poor Human Resources Department. Remember not to criticize or question what is perceived as company policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove genuine communication and much greater transparency relating to decision making. To consider how members of staff will think about appointments of people that do not dersve the job but the position is filled purely as a diversity measure.

Great company to work for, loving my time here but I can see loads of opportunities for improvements.

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cummins Power Generation

ProsAn International company which gives me (personally) the opportunity for development both within my particular business unit as well as opportunities within the wider Cummins family. Corporate communications are frequent yet often clear and concise but always stress the company's aims and goals referring where possible to the ten principles behind the Cummins Operating System. Working as close to the 'coal face' as I do my opportunities to get a feel for the atmosphere within the company occur all the time, employee morale on the whole is good and with all the improvements that are currently taking place make this an attractive company to work for in a clean, light, pleasant working environment where health & safety and employee wellbeing is paramount. Recognition & feedback is done through the Onetrack system and is both fair and constructive.

ConsDue to the pressures of a production environment, a happy work/life balance is not always easy to maintain, however recognition of difficult problem solved or job well done can go some way to mitigating that. Departmental and indeed inter business unit communication is sometimes not all it could be, however there are enough people around who are prepared to go out of their way to get around this issue. I think my main point behind this is that there should be clear lines of communication that all are aware of.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough Cummins communication is good there are areas and room for improvement. High importance should be given to following all the Principles of the Cummins Operating System

Worked for Cummins Power Generation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cummins Power Generation reviews and ratings in United Kingdom — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cummins Power Generation CEO Tony Satterthwaite. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Cummins Power Generation employees.