Cummins

Employer Engaged

Ok company

Current Employee - Service Worker in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Service Worker in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Cummins part-time (less than a year)

Pros

nice people, good bosses good pay

Cons

more hours and less new people

i dont have anyhing to say

Great, simply great.

I have been working at Cummins

Pros

Cummins inc is a great company to work for. Care about employees and their health. Team orientated and an overall great atmosphere.

Cons

You must part take in team goals. If you fail the team fails, you do well the team succeeds. Some processes are outdated and need to be upgraded and more efficient.

Great company historically, unsure of current direction.

I have been working at Cummins full-time

Pros

Many opportunities to use transferable skill sets. Has a culture of moving into new roles every 2-3 years. Provides stretch role opportunities to support rapid skill growth and development.

Cons

Managers are not well trained or developed. They are promoted without good experience in managing others. Allow toxic managers to stay in leadership roles.

Good career opportunity

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Columbus, IN

I worked at Cummins full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great mentors and leadership, lots of opportunities for career advancement, great bonuses

Cons

Have to move around every 18 months to 2 years

Get rid of managers who stunt career growth

Good Company to work for

I worked at Cummins

Pros

Great Work environment and career growth. Great product manufacturing. Senior management has an open door policy.

Cons

Head quarters are in Columbus Indiana which is not a great place to live unless your only goal is raising children. Could use more modern software technology.

Great experience

I have been working at Cummins

Pros

Fair pay, good benefits, overall good company

Cons

Conservative, limited opportunities in big cities

N/A

Ethical, innovative company that builds/supports quality product, communities and careers!

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Cummins full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My experience with Cummins has been very positive, in that I've had the opportunity to build my career and grow from within the company. I'm able to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to gain a deeper knowledge of the product and become immersed within the culture. All of my managers have asked me from day one, what my goals were for myself and have been supportive of my career development plan. Cummins encourages employees to take on roles, learn, grow, work hard, share the knowledge and continuing along to build your career by moving on to other roles within the company. Encouraged growth is very important to me! They also promote community involvement and volunteering within the community (very cool!). Their attention to environmental causes, not only locally but globally is amazing! My work life balance is very good. All of my managers have been understanding and work with me as a working mother and someone who has health problems from time to time. This is such a relief! Cummins supports me as an employee and individual.

Cons

No matter what company you work for, there are always going to be challenges, both personally & professionally. The grass is not always greener on the other side! With that said, I've found my experience within Cummins has taught me it's important to voice concerns with coworkers/management/leadership constructively and in a manner that sparks change from a positive place. Sell yourself, be accountable and work hard - that's how you'll stand out and continue to grow.

Coaching is very important. Regular One-on-Ones are key to understanding your employees, identifying weaknesses and strengths, improving daily work/projects and opening the line of communication for effective and efficient work plans. Nothing should be a surprise to an employee if leadership is communicating effectively with their employees, groups, departments.

diesel technician

I have been working at Cummins

Pros

great benefits, pay, and growth

Cons

outstanding company, nothing wrong about company

Can't get ahead if you are a man

Current Employee - Chief Engineer in Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Chief Engineer in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Cummins full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay through a turbulent time in the economy and stable work, great advancement opportunities if you are a non black minority. Very LGBT friendly and happy to advance females.

Cons

Despite having high ratings and outperforming my coworkers, I can not progress in my career here. I have been held in a lower position because I am too essential to the position, but haven't had any real increases in pay (if you value me show me with pay). Cummins touts itself as being a great employer, but when you look around and do the comparatives you will soon see they aren't even offering competitive wages anymore. More and more benefits are being taken away to inflate the bottom line and keep investors happy.

Make sure that in your initiatives to be an EOE that you are not reverse discriminating against the white and black men in this company.

Just me review

Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Cummins full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible, Opportunities for promotion if you prove yourself, good work/life balance

Cons

Small town. For lack of a single word term - observed correlation between family ties and position hierarchy.