Cummins

Cummins Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Cummins Chairman and CEO Tom Linebarger

Tom Linebarger

Pros
  • The fact that it is HQ'ed in Indiana gives a very nice work-life balance (in 47 reviews)

• Working there has given me the opportunity to learn marketable skills I can use in other businesses (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be an issue but that is everywhere in today's economy (in 22 reviews)

• Over played Six Sigma requirement for all employees defeats the original intent of (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome company to work for. Truly value diversity and business ethics.

ProsGreat culture and environment. Strong leadership.

Conssome of the locations are not very desirable

Great Company to work for

Trades Associate (Current Employee) Columbus, IN

ProsGreat company to work for. The pay is very fair for the job. Lots of options for advancement

ConsKeep some employees that should have been fired years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure more people are doing there job and not collecting a paycheck to sit and do nothing. Follow through with things your promise and listen more to the people that are actually doing the jobs you are affecting.

Great Job. Great career path. Great benefits

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Columbus, IN

ProsDoing what I love and loving what I do.

ConsThe size of the corporation, at least in HQ, seems to have some downfalls. One of the primary cons I've noticed is that we are not an IT company, so we outsource a lot of that work. It's cheaper, but in the IT world, that means compromise. The Cummins employees who ARE in IT are left to manage the vendors' work which is often quality that matches the price we paid for it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for - they care about their employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsCummins' cares about their employees and offers alot of benefits

ConsSome of the technology is outdated. Need to hire more IT personnel and outsource less.

Great Company

ProsRapidly growing global company with amazing opportunities.

ConsCompany is growing so fast there are a lot of employees with little experience.

It has nice culture, very respectable company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosdiversity, culture, flexibility, good management, community involment

ConsSlow, Midwest, manufacturing, low salary

Nice working at this company

ProsNice place to be at work

ConsNot a good pay master

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to focus more on the employees

Good experience, can be slow if you aren't proactive

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Columbus, IN

ProsGood experience, extremely friendly and helpful. Able to make significant contributions as an intern

ConsWork can be slow/boring if you aren't proactive and obtaining worthwhile projects from your manager.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great experience! Everyone is helpful and extremely nice.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company culture is like no other and the company encourages you to move up and explore cross functional roles.

ConsIf you have a big ego this isn't a place for you. The company does recognize employees but if you are the kind of person that brags about themselves and wants people to fear you because of your title you might not be satisfied.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do Cummins is a great company and an amazing place to work at!

Great place to work

IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) Columbus, IN

ProsVery good environment that nurtures progress and growth. Never felt evaluated but always felt that I was encouraged to give my best and only the end output was counted which helps to give your best with confidence. Nice people, always always willing to help you.

ConsMight be slow for someone coming from a real hi-fi company. There is no structured growth and career path which might be good or bad.

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!