Cummins Rocky Mountain Reviews

Bill Wolpert

1. Senior Credit Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Credit Analyst in Arvada, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Credit Analyst in Arvada, CO

I worked at Cummins Rocky Mountain full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for, the training is awesome.

Cons

In some departments Professional ethics is not always encouraged by management, that's the downfall. Good people tend to leave because of this.

Advice to Management

Professional Ethics will keep good people.

2. Human Resources

I have been working at Cummins Rocky Mountain full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing leader for HR department. I have a learned a lot in the short 15 months I've been there! Great leadership team...eager to learn. Good things going on with leadership development! Employees are listened to.

Cons

Challenging work/life balance. A lot of travel. More than expected when interviewed. In fairness, the team I interviewed with (HR) is no longer there.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going with leadership development! It will get us from from good to great!

Supervisor

Pros

Great place to live and work

Cons

People are just there with no direction

Service Adviser

I worked at Cummins Rocky Mountain full-time

Pros

Sufficient hours, supportive teamwork, innovative and progressive movements.

Cons

inconsistent hours, insufficient training, lack of managerial support, inconsistent break times, and poor communication skills.

Advice to Management

implement more intense training, keep communication open, implement consistent 15 minute breaks for all employees.

I can't make this up

I worked at Cummins Rocky Mountain full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A decent starting wage. I worked with nice people.

Cons

I knew almost immediately that the management here does not know how to manage. I was first caught up in the middle of completing a employee survey. Companies only give surveys when they know they have problems and don't know how to fix them. In the corporate office there is a line of offices where the ELT (Executive Leadership Team) sits. There was one executive that would scream obscenities and appear to be unable to control herself. If this is the culture probably why your surveys did not fix things. Every department operates in a silo and the manager do not take responsibility. One leader said they did not care if people quit. Overall a horrible experience

Advice to Management

I think people are becoming aware that Rocky Mountain is not a place to work. When a recruiter found out I worked there, he laughed and said he heard that is not a very good place to work. Maybe some of this management needs to be shown the door.

What a Joke. This is Cummins Inc

Former Employee - Diesel Technician
    Former Employee - Diesel Technician

I worked at Cummins Rocky Mountain full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with some nice people the turn over at this outfit is laughable. The people who keep this place going are the ones that turn over. Cummins seems to be hanging there hat on the performance of the distribution business that might be nice long term but this is an awful place to work now.

Cons

Long thankless hours. More work because people quit. The management still seems to be clueless as to what is going to make this place work. I felt totally dumped on my time here. If you look at all there job openings it is not surprising. Your turn over might be better if it were in the higher ranks. The culture seems a bit off like unethical.

Advice to Management

Good riddance.

Dysfunction To The Core

I worked at Cummins Rocky Mountain full-time

Pros

Your co workers will be nice, although this company has a revolving door. Heed the comments on glassdoor.

Cons

*Disorganized *Management seems to just chase their tail. *Loose when it comes to safety, yet they harp at reducing recordable injuries The company was acquired by Cummins Inc but there is no change here because you have the same ol managers with the same ol ideas and inability to lead. Senior Managers just come into the Branches dump and run.

Advice to Management

As stated above, Dysfunction to the core and starts with you.

No way

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

I have been working at Cummins Rocky Mountain full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay & benefits High security

Cons

No engineering opportunities. Too much emphasis to administration. Too many regulations most of which contradicts each other.

Don't waste your time and career here

I have been working at Cummins Rocky Mountain full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok starting salary but the benefits are lacking a bit. For example vacation time is off from most other companies this size.

Cons

It starts with management or "leadership" as it is thrown about. Qualities of a leader include: competence, character, communication and charisma, just to name a few. Many don't appear competent in their position and promote people as equally incompetent. If some have the ability to "communicate" by the words from their mouth you will immediately receive a mixed message by their actions. Charisma, it is no longer about "you". As an employee you can expect to be used and abused. The employee will become the person that is blamed for what should be blamed on management or "leadership" . If there are cracks in somebody's character, you will quickly learn not to trust. This makes for a toxic environment

Advice to Management

As long as incompetents with gaps in their character that can’t communicate and don’t take ownership are disguised as “leaders” or managers you will get more of the same: -high turnover -reputation where people don’t want to work here -mediocre business performance

Great company. Poorly organized branch.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/PowerGen Coordinator in Sparks, NV
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/PowerGen Coordinator in Sparks, NV

I worked at Cummins Rocky Mountain full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits! I had excellent benefits at this job! I had a baby while working here and between my 80% health coverage and my utilization of the companies flex-spending account, it was all taken care of. Even with all of the added expense of a very complicated delivery. My co-workers were wonderful and I miss them all dearly. The management, on the other hand, was new and very disorganized, although I am not sure how they could have avoided it at the time.

Cons

Lack of initial training. But when I asked for it I got it. The nature of the business. Customers were only there because something of theirs that was very expensive and valuable was broken. As I was the one who handled the majority of the finances I got to handle the brunt of customers' anger. I did not make as much money as I should have for the amount of work I was doing. I was making 14 dollars per hour and through the grapevine I heard that the person I replaced had been making 25! This did not sit well with me.

Advice to Management

MORE INITIAL TRAINING! Better pay.

RSS Feed </> Embed