Cunningham Lindsey

Phil McNeilage

A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Florida District Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Florida District Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been at Cunningham approaching my 20th year. Over this period of time, I have been provided many opportunities to advance in my career. The "Team Work" approach is very important to me and it is a core principle at Cunningham. With the current leadership at the helm, this is a company that is firmly set to grow and provide opportunities to those who wish to grow with it.

Cons

Having 20 years on the carrier side before moving onto the IA side, it was a challenge to learn the requirements and expectations of a host of clients versus one carrier. With clear client based instructions being provided on each assignment, a quick read allows us to meet those expectations.

Advice to Management

Full steam ahead!!!!!

Corporate has no idea of what the job intales, long hours, average pay

Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Making your own schedule and helping insureds when they need help at the worst times!

Cons

Corporate need to come live the life of an adjuster for just a week and see if they still feel the same afterwards! LONG, LONG hours, lots of complaints from management to hurry while they give you more work and it all needs to be done NOW!!!!! Heres 10 claims and you have 5 days to finish them, oh and by the way they give you 10 more per day, everyday for a week and gripe when you dont get them done and have a life! By the way you have to be on call 24 hours a day and answer in house adjusters, insureds, contractors and your supervisors questions when they call you!

Advice to Management

Live the life of each adjuster for just a week and not just the big cities, go to the rurals and watch how some adjusters have to lie, cheat and change their time frames to keep the scores high, but management knows this and doesnt care what it takes!

3. Adjuster

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time

Pros

Very Good money at times

Cons

Spend all day in the car

Advice to Management

Take time to recognize hard work.

5. Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbia, MD

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time

Pros

Working independently and helping clients and insureds on a business level. Responsible for 16 adjusters for having a claim finished in a timely manner. Answering phone calls with questions and to respond to an answer in a tmiely manner

Cons

When an independent adjuster decides at the last minute that hedoes no twant to take a claim in his territory after I had already contacted the insured

6. Adjuster

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is well ran and very professional. This is one of the best jobs I ever had. Good benefits and a great salary. I can see me retiring from this company.

Cons

The job does consist of a lot of hours, but they do pay well for your time.

Advice to Management

None. I am happy with our current management team

7. working for CL

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company with good people who care. Can make a nice career here.

Cons

Not enough local sales people

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction

8. Good Experience

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management is fun to work with, provides good training opportunities. Workload is manageable most of the time but increases significantly during storm events.

Cons

Upper management has undergone a ton of changes the past couple of years, which has led to employee frustration. This needs to be resolved before the company can move forward.

9. horrible, no training whatsoever, no support

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey

Pros

I can't think of one reason to work here, unless you are gluten for punishment

Cons

Trying to keep up with the workload, putting up with your bosses nasty comment and constant complaining

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. we are out there living it while you sit at a desk picking it apart

10. Property and Casualty Adjuster

Former Employee - Property Casualty Adjuster in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Property Casualty Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time

Pros

Great company to work however with the vast number of cost centers its possible to have completely different experiences from branch to branch. The support and encouragement I received was fantastic. There is always a flood of claims to address, so expect to always have deadlines closing claims. Making your own schedule and working from home is second to none.

Cons

Managing the volume of claims. Thinking of taking a short vacation? Expect to have the very same claims you left on your desk waiting for you when you return and then some. Meeting goal each month is expected, however, the volume alone can get you to that point. Very tough to balance work-life balance if you have a family.

Advice to Management

Absolutely love the communication and support at he branch I worked for. Wouldn't change a thing.

I have learned a lot of useful tools/information. Compensation to stress levels aren't matching

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is great flexibility in working for Cunningham Lindsey. I work from home, and get to set my own schedule, work around traffic times. The benefits are average and the compensation is average. Management/CEO took a turn for the worst and lost a huge account, but they have since fired her, and now have an actual CEO with claims experience, so hopefully things will start heading the right direction.

Cons

The managers don't wont to promote their adjusters out of their positions as it will affect the managers bottom line, instead of helping you grow to generate more income for you and your family and personal development. I'm not ok with just making minimum salary for the rest of my life. You don't actually get a vacation. you generate vacation time, however, you have to make up your production for the time that you take off before the end of the month. So in actual you don't get a vacation. The loss adjusters are the life blood of the company, thus they should be rewarded better with actually giving cost of living adjustments. Right now, my manager states that I will never see an increase in my base pay, ever! Work more hours, and you can close more claims, and make more money, that's the only way to see an increase in your annual salary.

Advice to Management

Look at the vacation policy, this is a real issue. How is it, that we can take vacation, however, we have to make up the production by the end of the month for the week that we took off work. This is a garbage policy. Pursue managers to be more active with the adjusters. I haven't seen my manager face to face or even by Skype since I've been hired 4 years ago. He has come to my territory but never requested to meet with me and discuss performance or do a ride along to see how we actually perform our jobs, and the issues that we face every day.

RSS Feed </> Embed