Cunningham Lindsey

Property and Casualty Adjuster

Former Employee - Property Casualty Adjuster in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Property Casualty Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time

Pros

Great company to work however with the vast number of cost centers its possible to have completely different experiences from branch to branch. The support and encouragement I received was fantastic. There is always a flood of claims to address, so expect to always have deadlines closing claims. Making your own schedule and working from home is second to none.

Cons

Managing the volume of claims. Thinking of taking a short vacation? Expect to have the very same claims you left on your desk waiting for you when you return and then some. Meeting goal each month is expected, however, the volume alone can get you to that point. Very tough to balance work-life balance if you have a family.

Absolutely love the communication and support at he branch I worked for. Wouldn't change a thing.

horrible, no training whatsoever, no support

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey

Pros

I can't think of one reason to work here, unless you are gluten for punishment

Cons

Trying to keep up with the workload, putting up with your bosses nasty comment and constant complaining

Listen to your people. we are out there living it while you sit at a desk picking it apart

I have learned a lot of useful tools/information. Compensation to stress levels aren't matching

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is great flexibility in working for Cunningham Lindsey. I work from home, and get to set my own schedule, work around traffic times. The benefits are average and the compensation is average.

Management/CEO took a turn for the worst and lost a huge account, but they have since fired her, and now have an actual CEO with claims experience, so hopefully things will start heading the right direction.

Cons

The managers don't wont to promote their adjusters out of their positions as it will affect the managers bottom line, instead of helping you grow to generate more income for you and your family and personal development. I'm not ok with just making minimum salary for the rest of my life.

You don't actually get a vacation. you generate vacation time, however, you have to make up your production for the time that you take off before the end of the month. So in actual you don't get a vacation.

The loss adjusters are the life blood of the company, thus they should be rewarded better with actually giving cost of living adjustments. Right now, my manager states that I will never see an increase in my base pay, ever! Work more hours, and you can close more claims, and make more money, that's the only way to see an increase in your annual salary.

Look at the vacation policy, this is a real issue. How is it, that we can take vacation, however, we have to make up the production by the end of the month for the week that we took off work. This is a garbage policy.

Pursue managers to be more active with the adjusters. I haven't seen my manager face to face or even by Skype since I've been hired 4 years ago. He has come to my territory but never requested to meet with me and discuss performance or do a ride along to see how we actually perform our jobs, and the issues that we face every day.

Much better before lazy incompetent GAB people

Current Employee - Field Adjuster
    Current Employee - Field Adjuster

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Support staff and district managers are great. Easy to work with and for! Nice to set your own schedule to fit your life.

Cons

GAB employees are mostly lazy incompetent prima donnas. Work comes in fits and spurts but that is the claims business.

Listen to your employees

Heading in the right direction - straight up

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great team in place following major re-organization. New accounts, lines of business and programs being added constantly. Adjusters seeing their efforts paying off. Opportunity for several career paths including adjusting, management, training and sales.

Cons

Getting addicted to the money and not balancing. There is always more to do but you are rewarded for your efforts. Hard not to always be working.

Step up the recruitment and training efforts.

Sweat Shop

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It was an up-and-comer 15 years ago. Exciting place to be back then. Lots of positive change.

Cons

Work load was unbearable. The meat got cut too close to the bone to satisfy mandated profit margins.

I hope you enjoy your bonus.

It was a pretty good experience

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey

Pros

Company car, fuel card, maintenance coupons, phone computer, camera, ladder; all provided. Excellent branch manager.

Cons

Drive times could get pretty ridiculous for small billing.

Do away with the salary/draw and the holdback. Pay a straight commission.

Sad what has happened to this Company

Former Employee - Hourly in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Hourly in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Key card always works daily.

Cons

Management works people off the clock, firing and hiring of Upper Management happens annually, Upper Management brings in all of their friends from former companies. No clients trust employees due to turnover of Upper Management, and Staff. Promised bonus' for extra work, but never get the bonus once task is complete.

Success is measured by loyalty and honesty. Please "google" the definition of these words and maybe learn something. Also look at the Morals of your managers some real issues going on.

A sinking ship

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Sadly I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to work at Cunningham Lindsey with the exception that it is a global company.

Cons

Employees at all levels have been resigning at a record pace. Management is about lip service only. Capital owners and upper management recognize 'jumpers' only, bringing aboard and promoting those who have a work history of switching companies every 2 or 3 years. Loyalty is not rewarded. Tuition reimbursement and education/training is non existent with a cap of $2,000 per year tuition reimbursement. The company seeks outside 'talent' without the consideration of cultivating the personnel already on staff. I approved of the prior CEO, yet the new CEO, has already caused the loss of one of the company's largest clients.

It may be prudent to recognize what you have within the organization. It is impossible to grow a company with a sales department alone if the human resources needed to respond to the business coming in is no longer there. Improve benefits such as health insurance policies and tuition reimbursement.

It started as good when GAB was purchased but downhill since.

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey

Pros

The people who work there for the most part love their job, because they certainly aren't appreciated by management.

Cons

Disorganized chaos. All of the upper management has changed in the last 14 months. The new managers do not have the employees best interest at heart. Strictly looking out for Cunningham. The company execs refuse to admit that they are heading down the wrong path and still travel that road.

Keep doing what you are doing. The employees do not trust anything you say do something about that or just continue down the road you are on and the dead end is straight ahead.