Cunningham Lindsey

Updated September 17, 2014
2.4

Cunningham Lindsey President & CEO Philippe Bès
Philippe Bès

Heading in the right direction - straight up

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team in place following major re-organization. New accounts, lines of business and programs being added constantly. Adjusters seeing their efforts paying off. Opportunity for several career paths including adjusting, management, training and sales.

Cons

Getting addicted to the money and not balancing. There is always more to do but you are rewarded for your efforts. Hard not to always be working.

Step up the recruitment and training efforts.

Much better before lazy incompetent GAB people

Current Employee - Field Adjuster
    Current Employee - Field Adjuster

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Support staff and district managers are great. Easy to work with and for! Nice to set your own schedule to fit your life.

Cons

GAB employees are mostly lazy incompetent prima donnas. Work comes in fits and spurts but that is the claims business.

Listen to your employees

Sweat Shop

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It was an up-and-comer 15 years ago. Exciting place to be back then. Lots of positive change.

Cons

Work load was unbearable. The meat got cut too close to the bone to satisfy mandated profit margins.

I hope you enjoy your bonus.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a pretty good experience

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey

Pros

Company car, fuel card, maintenance coupons, phone computer, camera, ladder; all provided. Excellent branch manager.

Cons

Drive times could get pretty ridiculous for small billing.

Do away with the salary/draw and the holdback. Pay a straight commission.

A sinking ship

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sadly I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to work at Cunningham Lindsey with the exception that it is a global company.

Cons

Employees at all levels have been resigning at a record pace. Management is about lip service only. Capital owners and upper management recognize 'jumpers' only, bringing aboard and promoting those who have a work history of switching companies every 2 or 3 years. Loyalty is not rewarded. Tuition reimbursement and education/training is non existent with a cap of $2,000 per year tuition reimbursement. The company seeks outside 'talent' without the consideration of cultivating the personnel already on staff. I approved of the prior CEO, yet the new CEO, has already caused the loss of one of the company's largest clients.

It may be prudent to recognize what you have within the organization. It is impossible to grow a company with a sales department alone if the human resources needed to respond to the business coming in is no longer there. Improve benefits such as health insurance policies and tuition reimbursement.

Great experience and network of support at Cunningham Lindsey

Former Employee - General Adjuster  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - General Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time

Pros

The staff and support they provide is a huge benefit to all of the adjusters and truly contributes to their overall success. The company is willing to invest in continuing education for their employees and truly strives to support their adjusters as much as possible. There is always work to be done!

Cons

There is always work to be done! Its often tough to balance work-life and personal time with the volume of claims received.

Continue to support the staff on all levels.

It started as good when GAB was purchased but downhill since.

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey

Pros

The people who work there for the most part love their job, because they certainly aren't appreciated by management.

Cons

Disorganized chaos. All of the upper management has changed in the last 14 months. The new managers do not have the employees best interest at heart. Strictly looking out for Cunningham. The company execs refuse to admit that they are heading down the wrong path and still travel that road.

Keep doing what you are doing. The employees do not trust anything you say do something about that or just continue down the road you are on and the dead end is straight ahead.

Very BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Multi Line Adjuster II  in  Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Multi Line Adjuster II in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you cant find anything else this will hold you over to find something better fast!!

Cons

Management has no clue but to push to close files and reporting. I have worked for CL two diffrent times and both times the manager had no clue how to answer a single question. They always pass you along to another adjuster. Why in the world would you have a manager in place that has no clue how to adjust, estimate or answer company related questions?? Management will be fast to throw yu under the bus if a problem should arise. No one in the company will stand behind the staff, CL belives the adjuster is always wrong

Make sure your managers know how to estimate, handle claims. Also have your accounting staff and or managers learn to read finacial reports. I worked as a contractor for 1 month prior to going on staff. I did not catch that I was being paid both contract and payroll for over 6 months and CL didnt catch it also. I actually caught it the first two times they paid me and I reported to my manager and he said he would handle. Well he never did and I had to pay CL 46k back for over payment. The finds where going into my saving account so I never caught it. They are lucky I had all the finds still in my account and I paid them back. Two months after I paid them back for their mistake I get a days notice that my cost center is being closed down and was not offered to relocate, As mentioned I worked for this company 2 times prior to this. It appears the new head person is not a great leader and this company is going down FAST!! CL use to be a great company no the case any longer STAY AWAY!!

Heart breaking

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

401K is a good benefit offered.

Cons

Laid Off after 20+ years of loyal service

Maybe be as loyal to employees as the employee is to the company.

There was a lot of disunity and lack of organization and communication.

Former Employee - Customer Service Analyst  in  Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Analyst in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn the backgrounds of setting up claim files for Property Claims.

Cons

Lack of communication and favoritism toward certain employers.

N/A

Worked for Cunningham Lindsey? Contribute to the Community!