Cunningham Lindsey

Cunningham Lindsey President & CEO Philippe Bès

Philippe Bès

Great experience and network of support at Cunningham Lindsey

General Adjuster (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe staff and support they provide is a huge benefit to all of the adjusters and truly contributes to their overall success. The company is willing to invest in continuing education for their employees and truly strives to support their adjusters as much as possible. There is always work to be done!

ConsThere is always work to be done! Its often tough to balance work-life and personal time with the volume of claims received.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support the staff on all levels.

It started as good when GAB was purchased but downhill since.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people who work there for the most part love their job, because they certainly aren't appreciated by management.

ConsDisorganized chaos. All of the upper management has changed in the last 14 months. The new managers do not have the employees best interest at heart. Strictly looking out for Cunningham. The company execs refuse to admit that they are heading down the wrong path and still travel that road.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. The employees do not trust anything you say do something about that or just continue down the road you are on and the dead end is straight ahead.

Very BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Multi Line Adjuster II (Former Employee) Beaumont, TX

ProsIf you cant find anything else this will hold you over to find something better fast!!

ConsManagement has no clue but to push to close files and reporting. I have worked for CL two diffrent times and both times the manager had no clue how to answer a single question. They always pass you along to another adjuster. Why in the world would you have a manager in place that has no clue how to adjust, estimate or answer company related questions?? Management will be fast to throw yu under the bus if a problem should arise. No one in the company will stand behind the staff, CL belives the adjuster is always wrong

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your managers know how to estimate, handle claims. Also have your accounting staff and or managers learn to read finacial reports. I worked as a contractor for 1 month prior to going on staff. I did not catch that I was being paid both contract and payroll for over 6 months and CL didnt catch it also. I actually caught it the first two times they paid me and I reported to my manager and he said he would handle. Well he never did and I had to pay CL 46k back for over payment. The finds where going into my saving account so I never caught it. They are lucky I had all the finds still in my account and I paid them back. Two months after I paid them back for their mistake I get a days notice that my cost center is being closed down and was not offered to relocate, As mentioned I worked for this company 2 times prior to this. It appears the new head person is not a great leader and this company is going down FAST!! CL use to be a great company no the case any longer STAY AWAY!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Loss Adjuster (Current Employee)

ProsGlobal company
    New management and new owners investing in company
    Great health benefits

ConsMany processes and procedures (like any large company)
    Room for advancement appears limited

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a consistent training program
    This is a human capital business, treat the employees like people, not numbers

There was a lot of disunity and lack of organization and communication.

Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsLearn the backgrounds of setting up claim files for Property Claims.

ConsLack of communication and favoritism toward certain employers.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Heart breaking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros401K is a good benefit offered.

ConsLaid Off after 20+ years of loyal service

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe be as loyal to employees as the employee is to the company.

Agony

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsThe only Pro about Cunningham Lindsey is there is never a shortage of other employees that feel your misery and are empathetic because they are all miserable too.

ConsThe vast majority of employees are used and abused, no loyalty whatsoever throughout the entire organization. Any raises and/or bonus's are non-existent, even cost of living raises after several years of exempleary employment. Very sad company

Advice to Senior ManagementTo many chiefs and not enough indians that actually do the work.

Horrible Company, Smoke and Mirrors

Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWould not harrass you at home after 10pm

ConsNo chance of raises, no overtime however; expected. Dead End Job, the salary you start with will be your salary forever no matter how good you are!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to reward good employees to retain them

Over Promised, under delivered.

Adjuster (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work schedule, Nice co-workers.

ConsLarge coverage area with little earning potential. Difficult to reach revenue (billing) goal with low volume and excessive travel time. Current commission plan sets you up to fail-you owe them money if you under bill due to no fault of your own (low claim volume). I was promised a sizable and realistic amount of claims per month only to be disappointed. Actual revenue is less than half of what was conveyed. You’re better off finding a staff adjuster job as you will endure less stress, one company policy and more job security for the same pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe current commission plan is terrible. Consider changing it for the better to give your employees an incentive to work hard and do a good job.

Sinking Ship- Jump off while you still can!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey provide you with a company car, company computer, cell phone, and fuel card. The job can be rewarding if you have a dedicated and competent branch manager, which I did not.

ConsThis company has seen more personnel changes and retention issues than most retail and fast food establishments, which is sad! They bought out a failed company in GAB and then were foolish enough to appoint their incompetent managers and adjusters into the CL brand; and then they can't fathom why talented employees left the company and went over to Crawford before CL started to go downhill, including their former CEO, David Repinski. To make matters worse, they appoint a failed GAB, CEO as their new CL, CEO and then are confused when doldrums strike despite plenty of inclement weather thoughout the year. The clients weren't happy about these changes and neither were the adjusters who ended up owing the company money whenever claims couldn't be produced from management, due to how CL's pay structure is set up. They force adjusters to work on nights and weekends while everyone else is allowed to have a life outside of work; this includes branch managers, admin people, and the file examiners; people who don't produce revenue, but still make plenty of it (at the adjuster's expense). CL adjusters are under paid and under appreciated for what they do on a daily basis meanwhile some branch managers are allowed to sit on in their office all day and collect a nice amount of money to do so! C.L. purposely set up their pay structure to penalize adjusters who elect to take vacations by putting them in a position to owe the company money whenever they returned from their earned paid time off, which is no longer being allowed to roll over for future use, like most reputable companies allow. If this new CEO fails like the last one did, then this company is done within 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the GAB staff that tarnished the C.L. image with clients, which cost C.L. their valued business. Fire branch managers whos marketing efforts show now NO return on the investment that is afforded to them via their absurd salaries. Hold branch managers accountable daily for their poor performace in the same manner that the managers hold their adjusters accountable through various company generated reports. There should be no reason why a branch manager can get away with not visiting every city he is in charge of in regard to marking prospective business and retaining current clients! Marketing should be a group effort with events that the client would actually enjoy being a part of on a weekly or bi- weekly basis, instead of the 1/2 butt conference calls and the allowing of the adjusters to do more work for less money; and then thanking the client for it. The Pcp system needs to be fair and reasonable to the adjusters who are the producers for the company. They should not have to pay you money that they already earned because you as managers don't do your job! Why is there a hold back whenever the adjuster's current production is adjusted (whenever there is a charge back)? Why can't the adjuster get credit for the taxed amount of their monthly production instead of the pre taxed amount whenever the adjuster is still left paying taxes on that pre taxed amount? Why is it 27%, 32%, 32% again, and then 37%? Shouldn't the adjuster make more than 32% if the yearly production hits a new tier from the 32% he or she has already earned? You guys already know the answers to these questions and if you don't start taking care of the people who take care of you, your days are numbered!!

Worked for Cunningham Lindsey? Contribute to the Community!