CuraScript Reviews

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014
2.5

George Paz

I feel very valued by my immediate supervisor, but not by the company.

Current Employee - Pca in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Pca in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at CuraScript

Pros

The benefits are better than I've experienced anywhere in the last several years. It is a successful company that cares about their patients.

Cons

It is nearly impossible to get time off unless you request it a month or more in advance. We don't always know that we need a day that far in advance. It is a bit strict and there is no flexibility.

Treat your employees like human beings. While I agree that business needs are important, your employees are important, too. It would be nice to think that my needs in the workplace are important and worth consideration..

PCA

I have been working at CuraScript full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is growth if you know the right people!!!!!!!!!!
     good hours no weekends , but depends on what department your in

Cons

JUST DON'T DO IT IF YOU DON'T NEED THE MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and please let me tell you they start off with nothing more than 12.00hr so that almost 24,000.00 a year , so just think about it !

Get a clue and fast before all your good employee who actually know what their doing completely all leave !

Sleep and text your way to the top

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Orlando, FL

I worked at CuraScript full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Organization provides a meaningful service and products.

Cons

Don't expect to move up here unless: your kin, willing to sleep around or enjoy texting your "bff" while making fun of other employees

Hope things have changed

Pharmacists Nightmare!

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at CuraScript full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay check comes every two weeks on schedule.

Cons

If you are a pharmacist considering a position with Curascript/Accredo in Indianapolis, run away! Run as fast as you can ...and don't look back! Of course when they recruit they say and show all the right things. I would say there may be positions out there that are worse, but besides Wal-mart, I have not seen any.

All pharmacists in a production role, which is most except the few supervisors, punch a clock and have an attendance point system so that if one is more than 5 minutes late to their shift...tisk tisk....you get a attendance point. Imagine junior high school and you have the idea. Maybe that was great for 7th graders but when you are a well educated professional it is quite debilitating to not only morale but also professional flexibility. Such flexibility would lend to cooperation amongst peers to switch shifts, cover lunches, work extra nights during maternity leaves or any number of things where a professional environment generally benefits from some healthy cooperation.

All staff pharmacists are required to utilize a tracking system for each activity. Take a call, verify an order, your computer goes down and need to reboot for 3-5 minutes...all have to be clock coded in the phone system that is used to track everything. Need to go to the bathroom for 5 minutes? Well you must punch in the correct clock code at your station before leaving and upon returning. Counseling a patient who has terminal cancer? Well the call can't last longer than 7:30 seconds or you are outside of goal. These metrics are tracked and reviewed with each pharmacist monthly based on their monthly average performance. There is no discussion of the quality of care, or the angry vehement customer who threatened you with a lawsuit.

The sad thing is the company has signs up with reminders about the company values called "The Express Way." Amongst these are such things as Integrity, Collaboration, Alignment, Mutual Respect. Yet, the daily reality could not be more evasive and uncooperative. Imagine the juxtaposition illustrated in the recent movie called "The Hunger Games" between the government video played during the introduction touting how great the society was but in reality the people in the districts were kept under the control of a suppressive police state and you will have the idea.

If that sounds melodramatic, lets review a few specific examples. Company policy states that if an employee calls in sick the day after a paid holiday then they forfeit holiday pay. This creates a police state that pre-supposes a criminal mentality onto employees. The assumption here is that if someone has a sick day immediately following a holiday they are automatically trying to unjustly work the system by playing hooky. The feedback from management is that they would consider waving the policy on a case-by-case basis if someone provides a doctors note. Most people in their mid 20's to mid 50's who are relatively healthy, they don't go to the doctor when they need a sick day because, as a generally healthy person, when they are under the weather, they simply get some rest, and take some Tylenol and Vitamin C. By the time the next day rolls around they generally feel well enough to return to work rather that flying off in a panic to the nearest emergency room or doctors office and paying a $50 co-pay just to prove you weren't lying to the company.

Concerning annual reviews and raises there is a performance rating where that is based on a curve called a 20/70/10 split. That is to say that no matter how great anyone might happen to be performing in relation to the goals set forth, 20% of people get a commendable review while 70% are limited to only a acceptable and 10 % get a review suggesting that improvement is needed. Sounds like a disconnect to me.

Vacation time is limited to only 10 hours per day among the entire staff pool. Roughly 15 staff pharmacists work in a variety of tasks in the Indianapolis facility. Getting any reasonable time off while working for this outfit is a long shot at the least.

There is a formal company policy that states, "It is forbidden for any employee to contact the State Board of Pharmacy or any other regulatory agency without specific authorization from management." Now as a pharmacist I know I have an obligation to protect public health and am responsible to the state BOP where I am licensed. I am not sure, but I think such a policy might just be illegal. That is why we have "whistle blower" laws in this country.

If this review were not limited in length, then this list could go on much longer.

As our Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) recently said repeatedly and openly in a group meeting with many staff present while speaking on the topic of Curascript adopting the Accredo name...."We don't care what people call our company, we just want to get paid!" That pretty much sums up the culture here.

Read the review above. It only takes a reasonable intelligent person to draw a dozen conclusions about how things could be done differently to create a better work environment that would enable people to serve customers better which would create higher satisfaction and result in growth and market share. Not rocket science Mr Paz.

A Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Associate in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Associate in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at CuraScript

Pros

People are friendly and easy to work with.
    Management is professional.
    Flexible hours.

Cons

A little too strict on tardiness metrics.
    Not all departments are treated the same as far as company policys are concerned which makes it unfair for other employees.

More monitoring of all departments to be in compliance with company policys so everyone is adhering to them.

Fair

Current Employee - Field Nurse Specialist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Field Nurse Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at CuraScript

Pros

Lots of opportunity to travel

Cons

Highly disorganized; lack of communication among all team members

Increase communication

MICROMANAGED

Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate/SFO in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate/SFO in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at CuraScript

Pros

Great Benefits, Pay is Decent NOT great!

Cons

PTO is almost impossible to be approved, Mandatory Overtime given at an hours notice, NO mutualrespect among departments,micromanaged, Very Busy dealing with extremely ill pts and we are expected to provide world class customer service in 375 seconds while explaining to someone they have a $1,000.00 co pay etc.... for a month supply of drugs..... this is unprofessional!

New management has came in and they run there employees like a sweat shop requiring at times12 hour days at a moment notice, we have been on Mandatory Overtime since October 2010 while the money is great, there are people who have families to take care of and the schedule is not ideal for them. Management promises room for growth upon hire however since my employment not one person has been promoted within my department in fact a 2 managers were outsourced and they had me and my coworkers train them, now why would we go to that manager for help when we trained them on the system! this place is a joke

All Educated Professional STAY AWAY From Curascript

Current Employee - Management in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CuraScript

Pros

Paid time off
    Convenient location to work

Cons

I felt obligated to write a review about this company so warn others from applying here. I worked with Curascript over two years in a management position. Due to the economic downturn I was forced to take a job here. This review is based on working in the Orlando location.

The overall corporate culture is honestly the worst I have worked in. Most employees have no empowerment and no voice in the company. The Orlando location has several recruiters who find people to work for the company. There is usually one training class a month which should tell you how bad the turnover is. As an employee, I felt that I was just a number and I could be easily be replaced if I did not meet the numbers the company sets for their employees.

There are several unfilled positions, which requires more work from current employees. I feel many of the positions were for low-skill employees and the company got just that. At times I felt concerned about patients and their medication. For example, a patient care advocate sending medication but not sending syringes/ supply kit that goes along with it. I believe too much is required of an employee that causes the person on the other-side of the phone rush the customer.

I think a big thing that this company promotes is it’s growth. I found this posting and felt the need to include it in this post. Most growth is attributed to acquisitions, so the growth you read about is not sustainable. Growth is not due to innovation or forward-looking strategy, unless of course it is related to acquiring another company. I believe this to be dead on.

At the end of the day Curascript pharmacy is a client and patient relationship business which it ultimately fails at. I hope potential job seekers, patients, and plan sponsors read this post. As a person in management I feel this company will fail if it continues on the course it’s on.

See above in Con listing.

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at CuraScript

Pros

Very flexible, fair and generally a great work environment. I would recommend this place to anybody.

Cons

I left rather quickly to pursue academic opportunities, and the management got a little irritated and apparently placed me on the no rehire list pretty quickly. I warned supervisors and management that I would be departing for nearly nine months. I chalk it up to miscommunication. I do not hold it against them.

Train more people to work on the web page. :)
    Give the PCCs more tools to perform their jobs.

Not an equal opportunity Employer.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CuraScript

Pros

Get to help people in need of critical medications

Cons

The company only takes care of employees at the Director and above level.

Take care of your front line employees