Curaspan

4.6

Thomas Ferry

Unique does work

I have been working at Curaspan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a client of Curaspan before becoming and employee I have seen both sides of this company. It is unique and that is a true Pro. This is not your normal corporate workplace. You are truly empowered and your opinion matters (this was true as a client as well) It is so refreshing to have the support to do what is right and to be creative. The experiences I have are invaluable.

Cons

The growth is fast, the pace is fast. You have to be agile and willing to adapt to change. This is what keeps me challenged and I love it so I guess that is not really a con

Best place to work for culture, values and benefits

Current Employee - Clinical Advisor  in  Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Clinical Advisor in Jackson, MS

I have been working at Curaspan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have had an opportunity to learn from industry leaders, been challenged to exceed beyond my expectations, been supported through tough times, and given the opportunity for career growth. It's the kind of place where new ideas and being unique is valued- new ideas are welcomed and celebrated. There is a sense of everyone working together to do the right thing. It's the most progressive environment I have worked in my whole career in healthcare (over 30 years).

Cons

I personally struggle with work-life balance, but that is not a company issue.

Everything you are doing to engage remote staff, and promote employee networking is great- keep it up.

Curaspan Response

Sep 4, 2014Human Resources Generalist

Thanks so much for the great review! We are always happy to hear that our remote employees are engaged, as this is a very important goal for Curaspan. Our remote staff is just as much a part of our ... More

My experience at Curaspan has been life changing due to the development and growth I have experienced at the company.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You are not micro-managed; culture is great; work-hard play-hard atmosphere; fun; enjoyable; nice people; great product; great work-personal balance; great leadership

Cons

Sometimes there are too many people in the way of getting something done; think it is due to a company that is growing and trying to get big-time; constantly improving processes to better ourselves - we're on the right path. Not many cons to list; the company promotes communication and an open-door policy - if you are unhappy, feel free to discuss those emotions with your boss or leadership - they are understanding and they care about you and your career.

The culture and atmosphere at the company is great; there is a good balance of work-life, tons of opportunity for growth and people recognize the good work you do and you're made aware of it. Leadership puts you in a position to succeed, it's on you if you don't. There is no constant pressure on you - hence no micro-management which is great for me. It allows me to be empowered and to display my skills the best that I can.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales  in  Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Curaspan offers everything you would want from a company. The work life balance is great. There are so many opportunities to expand your skill set and career. The company works with its employees to find projects and roles that fit their skill set. There is a lot going on at the company every day so there are now shortages for growth both personally and professionally.

Cons

There are sometimes not enough hours in the day to get things done. The hardest thing is prioritizing all of the initiatives going on. Management does a pretty good job of communicating organizational priorities and I know they are trying to communicate even more.

Keep doing what you are doing. We are on a great path for continued growth!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Great work/life balance
    -Corporate culture is the best I've seen at any company
    -Collaborative and engaging work
    -Great opportunities for advancement

Cons

Continuing to be a growing company and experiencing certain growing pains

It doesn't get any better than this!

I have been working at Curaspan full-time

Pros

The atmosphere in this office is so much fun. I feel incredibly fortunate to have been hired by this outstanding company and to join this incomparable team. The company is filled with young, motivated, unique, fun, and compelling employees. Everyone is extremely friendly, and the CEO and COO have an open door policy, which gives the office a very comfortable vibe. This company is growing exponentially and you can feel it in the air. Everyone is always on the move. The product is very interesting and has the potential to keep growing and changing, and it is something the employees truly believe in, which is important. The company ensures that you have time to really stay active (they even have some club sports, a gym on the premise and competitions!) and truly enjoy life while being employed. The health benefits are truly outstanding and I am so grateful to have this opportunity to grow individually while helping the company grow at large.

Cons

I found that the training could have been more intensive and that an entire company/industry overview and detailed orientation would have been helpful during the first day or two. Curaspan has an amazing system of courses that detail many aspects of the company and industry, however, given the scheduling, these courses are not always happening when new hires come on board. For me, it was a couple weeks until the next company overview class when I started and I felt it would have been really beneficial to learn this material on day one as opposed to weeks in. I was left with questions remaining about the details/workings of the company after the onboarding process, and it took a bit of time to get accustomed to how everything works. As the company is growing exponentially and so many new employees are joining all at different times, it is understandable that it is difficult to have these courses scheduled for each individual hire, so maybe a packet detailing everything would be a helpful supplement.

Curaspan Response

Jul 31, 2014Human Resources Generalist

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write your review on Curaspan. I love that your enthusiasm really shines through! I read your section on cons and as the person in charge of onboarding, I ... More

Very positive

I have been working at Curaspan

Pros

Good work / life balance in a rapidly growing company with great opportunities to make a difference. Company is receptive to new ideas for better ways to serve our customers and grow the business.

Cons

Rapidly changing regulatory environment creates challenges and opportunities.

Great place to work, grow and learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great technology that our customers LOVE.
    Lots of opportunities for growth. Management rewards employees with innovative ideas and top performers. Promotions aren't given because of time at the company; they are truly earned.
    Senior leadership has an open door policy. CEO welcomes new ideas and is always open to hear about what's going on at every level of the organization.
    The comp and benefits are very competitive for the HIT space.
    Great customer Rolodex.
    I saved the best for last: the culture. All my friends are jealous of the events we have and the friendships that I've built.

Cons

Some large EHR's are starting to impede on this space.

Keep doing what you're doing and we'll continue to grow!

A Great Place To Grow

I have been working at Curaspan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Collaborative work environment, generous benefits, promotes work/life balance and personal health, fun team outings, growth opportunities. Being an industry leader doesn't hurt, either.

Cons

Rapid company growth over the past few years has seen periods of employee turnover - this has led to challenging transition periods within and across departments. This is expected with company growth, though.

Keep on doing what you do.

Time to smell the coffee

I have been working at Curaspan

Pros

We have a solid product that is positioned well within the LTC market. Definite market opportunity to expand with increased regulation.

Cons

Excessive turnover of key contributors, Lack of client interaction with the executive team, lack of clinical expertise, need more experienced implementation engineers who have a basic understanding of clinical workflow. Constantly changing visions and goals. Virtually non-existent pool of reference accounts.
    Executive team constantly preaches about how successful we are, yet they won't hire experienced and talented personnel because they don't want to pay their salaries - bottom line the executive team comes across as cheap and short sighted.

1. Start investing in your workforce and work on recruiting and retaining talented executives that you didn't go to college or grad school with. This is not a fraternity so end the fraternity culture that you are propagating.
    2. Get out in the field and take an active role with our customers.
    3. Focus on developing products and price points that our customers can readily accept.
    4. Develop a clinical infrastructure that can help guide the sales and implementation teams to greater success. Use this clinical discipline to guide the market instead of just trying to guess how to best address the business.
    5. Develop successful business partnerships. Why is it that Xerox/Midas, Morissey and Allscripts won't even talk to us. We still have a laundry list of partnerships that have not closed. Recognize the past mistakes and take an active role to remove the people who damaged those relationships or can't get the deals done.

Worked for Curaspan? Contribute to the Community!