Curaspan Reviews

1. Featured Review

Simply: I LOVE IT

Current Employee - Engineering in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I made a decision to move on from my previous long term job I never thought I would love it here that much. Of course it has it's own stress, but it is all manageable. The best pros for me:
    - work from home and flexibility
    - management recognizes your efforts, and the recognition is not forced, it comes truly from the heart - you can feel it
    - management encourages the employees, listens to the employees' ideas and looks for employees' approval
    - great people in a team and within the company
    - lots of fun events that you really want to participate in (some even come with nice prizes)
    - very approachable management team (including the top)
    - compensation
    - company culture
    - process is not perfect but management team listens and tries to implement ideas that allow you to work more efficiently
    All in all, coming here has been the best decision for me. I did not realize that company like this can still exist. They treat a person like a valuable resource, not a robot. I hope to stay here for a long time.

Cons

Some work is off-shore, but I think someone already mentioned that this off-shore team is really good. The biggest difficulty is the time zone difference.
    There are not enough resources in some teams which causes one at times to work crazy-long hours, but it is not every day/week, so it is manageable for the most part.
    Although the company is growing, some positions do not have clear growth paths...

Advice to Management

I like that management is not only about the customer, but also about the employees. Keep up a good work in that area.
    In my opinion, one top thing to work on is to staff the teams adequately so people don't get overwhelmed and end up leaving.

2. Great company going in right direction

I worked at Curaspan full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment with room to grow. Easily to learn from a number of resources. CORPORATE LUNCHES! They have a game room too so you can take a break when needed.

Cons

None that really stick out. I had a great experience so I can't recall much here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

3. Project Manager

I worked at Curaspan

Pros

Great to work with this company.

Cons

Need more resources which they are working on

Advice to Management

none

Great Company with Growth Potential

Current Employee - Technical Lead Reporting in Belmont, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead Reporting in Belmont, MA

I have been working at Curaspan (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a lot of growth potential and is always looking to pivot to make themselves better and stronger in the marketplace. A lot of opportunities to work in different areas and expand your knowledge and capabilities.

Cons

A bit of challenge while working on multiple platforms. Should be resolved in a year or so though.

6. Great place to work

Current Employee - Clinical Advisor
    Current Employee - Clinical Advisor

I have been working at Curaspan

Pros

Great culture.....people are encouraged to share ideas, collaborate, grow
    People genuinely care about each other here
    Management is always willing to listen
    Benefits are great! Not only does the company care about the clients, it cares about the employees!

Cons

Company is experiencing growth which can be challenging. However, managers are always trying to find ways to maintain values and culture while adding new staff. I was afraid I would not like working from home but have found I feel very connected to co-workers in spite of the fact that I work remotely.

Advice to Management

Continue to try and find ways to increase communication and connectedness as we are growing...

7. A dream employer

I have been working at Curaspan (Less than a year)

Pros

Curaspan recognizes that employees are one of their most valuable assets & treats them accordingly. The culture is unique and infectious - always professional, yet plenty of fun. Employee retention is great, which speaks volumes. The company is growing quickly but sustainably.

Cons

The only room for improvement I see is greater collaboration and sharing of accountability between departments/teams - something any company could work on. And, the sole reason for my 4/5 career opportunities rating is that they are able to attract and keep great employees, hence advancement being slightly more difficult.

All the benefits of a big company, but with a small company feel

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic work/life balance, ability to work from home when necessary, overall culture of respect. They encourage us to work with the best tech stack, and never balk at buying licenses for software if we can make a case that it's the right tool for the job. Upper management truly understands the problem space and doesn't waste our time making us develop features the customers don't want. The work is interesting and the people are great. An agile shop with just the right amount of process to stay organized without towers of paperwork getting in the way. People are frequently promoted from within. Many female engineers in leadership positions - no glass ceilings here!

Cons

They outsource QA and life would be easier if QA was done in-house. However, the outsourced team is definitely one of the better offshore teams I've worked with, and they do a great job.

9. Big or small-decide!

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

working from home, involved execs, great product

Cons

The company great pretty quickly and was still trying to pretend that they could be a small team, but they are growing too rapidly

Advice to Management

Decide if you want to be small or make it big

10. Curaspan is one in a million!

Current Employee - Network Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Network Development Specialist

I have been working at Curaspan

Pros

As a recent college graduate, I was unsure of what my future of the working world would hold. With a public health degree and troubled stories of my peer's first job experiences, I was extremely anxious to begin this new chapter. At Curaspan, I genuinely love going to work every day and love what I do. As a company that maintains its integrity through its values and mission, the passion and enthusiasm of what we do is present every single day in the office. It is a unique company culture that fosters professional and personal growth. Whether in a Curaspan University class or Curaspan Rounds, this company's investment in its success and belief in its employees is truly one in a million.

Cons

Although the Newton office is based outside of the city, the Riverside station directly next to the Riverside building makes commuting realistic and simple.

11. software engineer

I worked at Curaspan

Pros

Good start up of the career, lots of varied technology products

Cons

old framework, relies heavily on Java

Curaspan Response

Feb 5, 2015Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your identifying that Curaspan is a great start to a career. We are passionate about giving our employees hands-on roles with a direct impact regardless of ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed