Curaspan

Updated November 10, 2014
4.7

Curaspan President and CEO Thomas Ferry
Thomas Ferry

Do yourself a favor and look into Curaspan

Current Employee - Corporate Strategy in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Corporate Strategy in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've worked at a number of companies, some had 2,500+ employees and others had less than 10 employees, but I've never experienced anything that comes close to what Curaspan has to offer. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Open, supportive, social/friendly, and rewarding. I was told by multiple people in management to take risks, to speak my mind, and to come to them with questions. Here's the thing... They actually mean it. THE PEOPLE: Intelligent, driven, friendly, and always willing to go out of their way to help. THE WORK: Team-oriented projects with a deep focus on simplicity and clear communication. Nobody wants to waste anybody else's time and we all want to produce great work. This place is special.

Cons

Some people would prefer to work in the city, but I love the Newton location. It's an easy commute if you live in the city.

Great move for me!

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Curaspan truly values their employees and goes out of their way to make sure everyone is successful by providing ample opportunities to try different roles. This is definitely a collaborative culture and one that thrives on team work to accomplish goals and initiatives. I haven't met someone here yet that I don't get along with...so refreshing!

Cons

I think working remotely lends to a longer ramp up time but not that it has presented a problem. There is something to be said to working in an office vs. a home office. Although disconnection is not quite the right word to describe working remotely because nobody treats anyone as an outsider...being in corporate would help to build some of those inside relationships quicker.

For my time here I am happy to see that upper management weeds out bad apples in middle management. I appreciate removing bad managers quickly as it brings morale down very quickly. I also appreciate the laid back personalities display with the employees...we know everything is moving fast but you all have such great attitudes.

Unique does work

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a client of Curaspan before becoming and employee I have seen both sides of this company. It is unique and that is a true Pro. This is not your normal corporate workplace. You are truly empowered and your opinion matters (this was true as a client as well) It is so refreshing to have the support to do what is right and to be creative. The experiences I have are invaluable.

Cons

The growth is fast, the pace is fast. You have to be agile and willing to adapt to change. This is what keeps me challenged and I love it so I guess that is not really a con

It just keeps getting better and better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

As the company has grown, they've been able to keep true to its vision and its employees. There's a great collaborative atmosphere and a lot of positive, fun, energy. I've learned a lot and have had to stretch intellectually over my years with the company....there are opportunities to grow if you're interested. There's a strong emphasis on "work/home balance" and the company puts its money where its mouth is-they're very supportive. Great benefits-better than any other company I've worked for over the years.

Cons

Normal frustrations regarding communication across teams and from top down. They're really making an effort to improve this though.

Keep doing what you're doing! It's a great place to work.

Best place to work for culture, values and benefits

Current Employee - Clinical Advisor in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Clinical Advisor in Jackson, MS

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have had an opportunity to learn from industry leaders, been challenged to exceed beyond my expectations, been supported through tough times, and given the opportunity for career growth. It's the kind of place where new ideas and being unique is valued- new ideas are welcomed and celebrated. There is a sense of everyone working together to do the right thing. It's the most progressive environment I have worked in my whole career in healthcare (over 30 years).

Cons

I personally struggle with work-life balance, but that is not a company issue.

Everything you are doing to engage remote staff, and promote employee networking is great- keep it up.

Curaspan Response

Sep 4, 2014Human Resources Generalist

Thanks so much for the great review! We are always happy to hear that our remote employees are engaged, as this is a very important goal for Curaspan. Our remote staff is just as much a part of our ... More

My experience at Curaspan has been life changing due to the development and growth I have experienced at the company.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You are not micro-managed; culture is great; work-hard play-hard atmosphere; fun; enjoyable; nice people; great product; great work-personal balance; great leadership

Cons

Sometimes there are too many people in the way of getting something done; think it is due to a company that is growing and trying to get big-time; constantly improving processes to better ourselves - we're on the right path. Not many cons to list; the company promotes communication and an open-door policy - if you are unhappy, feel free to discuss those emotions with your boss or leadership - they are understanding and they care about you and your career.

The culture and atmosphere at the company is great; there is a good balance of work-life, tons of opportunity for growth and people recognize the good work you do and you're made aware of it. Leadership puts you in a position to succeed, it's on you if you don't. There is no constant pressure on you - hence no micro-management which is great for me. It allows me to be empowered and to display my skills the best that I can.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Curaspan offers everything you would want from a company. The work life balance is great. There are so many opportunities to expand your skill set and career. The company works with its employees to find projects and roles that fit their skill set. There is a lot going on at the company every day so there are now shortages for growth both personally and professionally.

Cons

There are sometimes not enough hours in the day to get things done. The hardest thing is prioritizing all of the initiatives going on. Management does a pretty good job of communicating organizational priorities and I know they are trying to communicate even more.

Keep doing what you are doing. We are on a great path for continued growth!

Great place to work

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Great work/life balance
    -Corporate culture is the best I've seen at any company
    -Collaborative and engaging work
    -Great opportunities for advancement

Cons

Continuing to be a growing company and experiencing certain growing pains

It doesn't get any better than this!

I have been working at Curaspan full-time

Pros

The atmosphere in this office is so much fun. I feel incredibly fortunate to have been hired by this outstanding company and to join this incomparable team. The company is filled with young, motivated, unique, fun, and compelling employees. Everyone is extremely friendly, and the CEO and COO have an open door policy, which gives the office a very comfortable vibe. This company is growing exponentially and you can feel it in the air. Everyone is always on the move. The product is very interesting and has the potential to keep growing and changing, and it is something the employees truly believe in, which is important. The company ensures that you have time to really stay active (they even have some club sports, a gym on the premise and competitions!) and truly enjoy life while being employed. The health benefits are truly outstanding and I am so grateful to have this opportunity to grow individually while helping the company grow at large.

Cons

I found that the training could have been more intensive and that an entire company/industry overview and detailed orientation would have been helpful during the first day or two. Curaspan has an amazing system of courses that detail many aspects of the company and industry, however, given the scheduling, these courses are not always happening when new hires come on board. For me, it was a couple weeks until the next company overview class when I started and I felt it would have been really beneficial to learn this material on day one as opposed to weeks in. I was left with questions remaining about the details/workings of the company after the onboarding process, and it took a bit of time to get accustomed to how everything works. As the company is growing exponentially and so many new employees are joining all at different times, it is understandable that it is difficult to have these courses scheduled for each individual hire, so maybe a packet detailing everything would be a helpful supplement.

Curaspan Response

Jul 31, 2014Human Resources Generalist

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write your review on Curaspan. I love that your enthusiasm really shines through! I read your section on cons and as the person in charge of onboarding, I ... More

Very positive

I have been working at Curaspan

Pros

Good work / life balance in a rapidly growing company with great opportunities to make a difference. Company is receptive to new ideas for better ways to serve our customers and grow the business.

Cons

Rapidly changing regulatory environment creates challenges and opportunities.