Curaspan Reviews

Thomas Ferry

1. Simply: I LOVE IT

Current Employee - Engineering in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

When I made a decision to move on from my previous long term job I never thought I would love it here that much. Of course it has it's own stress, but it is all manageable. The best pros for me:
    - work from home and flexibility
    - management recognizes your efforts, and the recognition is not forced, it comes truly from the heart - you can feel it
    - management encourages the employees, listens to the employees' ideas and looks for employees' approval
    - great people in a team and within the company
    - lots of fun events that you really want to participate in (some even come with nice prizes)
    - very approachable management team (including the top)
    - compensation
    - company culture
    - process is not perfect but management team listens and tries to implement ideas that allow you to work more efficiently
    All in all, coming here has been the best decision for me. I did not realize that company like this can still exist. They treat a person like a valuable resource, not a robot. I hope to stay here for a long time.

Cons

Some work is off-shore, but I think someone already mentioned that this off-shore team is really good. The biggest difficulty is the time zone difference.
    There are not enough resources in some teams which causes one at times to work crazy-long hours, but it is not every day/week, so it is manageable for the most part.
    Although the company is growing, some positions do not have clear growth paths...

I like that management is not only about the customer, but also about the employees. Keep up a good work in that area.
    In my opinion, one top thing to work on is to staff the teams adequately so people don't get overwhelmed and end up leaving.

All the benefits of a big company, but with a small company feel

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fantastic work/life balance, ability to work from home when necessary, overall culture of respect. They encourage us to work with the best tech stack, and never balk at buying licenses for software if we can make a case that it's the right tool for the job. Upper management truly understands the problem space and doesn't waste our time making us develop features the customers don't want. The work is interesting and the people are great. An agile shop with just the right amount of process to stay organized without towers of paperwork getting in the way. People are frequently promoted from within. Many female engineers in leadership positions - no glass ceilings here!

Cons

They outsource QA and life would be easier if QA was done in-house. However, the outsourced team is definitely one of the better offshore teams I've worked with, and they do a great job.

3. Big or small-decide!

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

working from home, involved execs, great product

Cons

The company great pretty quickly and was still trying to pretend that they could be a small team, but they are growing too rapidly

Decide if you want to be small or make it big

5. Curaspan is one in a million!

Current Employee - Network Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Network Development Specialist

I have been working at Curaspan

Pros

As a recent college graduate, I was unsure of what my future of the working world would hold. With a public health degree and troubled stories of my peer's first job experiences, I was extremely anxious to begin this new chapter. At Curaspan, I genuinely love going to work every day and love what I do. As a company that maintains its integrity through its values and mission, the passion and enthusiasm of what we do is present every single day in the office. It is a unique company culture that fosters professional and personal growth. Whether in a Curaspan University class or Curaspan Rounds, this company's investment in its success and belief in its employees is truly one in a million.

Cons

Although the Newton office is based outside of the city, the Riverside station directly next to the Riverside building makes commuting realistic and simple.

6. software engineer

I worked at Curaspan

Pros

Good start up of the career, lots of varied technology products

Cons

old framework, relies heavily on Java

Curaspan Response

Feb 5, 2015Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your identifying that Curaspan is a great start to a career. We are passionate about giving our employees hands-on roles with a direct impact regardless of ... More

Do yourself a favor and look into Curaspan

Current Employee - Corporate Strategy in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Corporate Strategy in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at a number of companies, some had 2,500+ employees and others had less than 10 employees, but I've never experienced anything that comes close to what Curaspan has to offer. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Open, supportive, social/friendly, and rewarding. I was told by multiple people in management to take risks, to speak my mind, and to come to them with questions. Here's the thing... They actually mean it. THE PEOPLE: Intelligent, driven, friendly, and always willing to go out of their way to help. THE WORK: Team-oriented projects with a deep focus on simplicity and clear communication. Nobody wants to waste anybody else's time and we all want to produce great work. This place is special.

Cons

Some people would prefer to work in the city, but I love the Newton location. It's an easy commute if you live in the city.

Great move for me!

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Curaspan truly values their employees and goes out of their way to make sure everyone is successful by providing ample opportunities to try different roles. This is definitely a collaborative culture and one that thrives on team work to accomplish goals and initiatives. I haven't met someone here yet that I don't get along with...so refreshing!

Cons

I think working remotely lends to a longer ramp up time but not that it has presented a problem. There is something to be said to working in an office vs. a home office. Although disconnection is not quite the right word to describe working remotely because nobody treats anyone as an outsider...being in corporate would help to build some of those inside relationships quicker.

For my time here I am happy to see that upper management weeds out bad apples in middle management. I appreciate removing bad managers quickly as it brings morale down very quickly. I also appreciate the laid back personalities display with the employees...we know everything is moving fast but you all have such great attitudes.

Unique does work

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a client of Curaspan before becoming and employee I have seen both sides of this company. It is unique and that is a true Pro. This is not your normal corporate workplace. You are truly empowered and your opinion matters (this was true as a client as well) It is so refreshing to have the support to do what is right and to be creative. The experiences I have are invaluable.

Cons

The growth is fast, the pace is fast. You have to be agile and willing to adapt to change. This is what keeps me challenged and I love it so I guess that is not really a con

10. It just keeps getting better and better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

As the company has grown, they've been able to keep true to its vision and its employees. There's a great collaborative atmosphere and a lot of positive, fun, energy. I've learned a lot and have had to stretch intellectually over my years with the company....there are opportunities to grow if you're interested. There's a strong emphasis on "work/home balance" and the company puts its money where its mouth is-they're very supportive. Great benefits-better than any other company I've worked for over the years.

Cons

Normal frustrations regarding communication across teams and from top down. They're really making an effort to improve this though.

Keep doing what you're doing! It's a great place to work.

Best place to work for culture, values and benefits

Current Employee - Clinical Advisor in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Clinical Advisor in Jackson, MS

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have had an opportunity to learn from industry leaders, been challenged to exceed beyond my expectations, been supported through tough times, and given the opportunity for career growth. It's the kind of place where new ideas and being unique is valued- new ideas are welcomed and celebrated. There is a sense of everyone working together to do the right thing. It's the most progressive environment I have worked in my whole career in healthcare (over 30 years).

Cons

I personally struggle with work-life balance, but that is not a company issue.

Everything you are doing to engage remote staff, and promote employee networking is great- keep it up.

Curaspan Response

Sep 4, 2014Human Resources Generalist

Thanks so much for the great review! We are always happy to hear that our remote employees are engaged, as this is a very important goal for Curaspan. Our remote staff is just as much a part of our ... More