Curian Capital Reviews

CEO

1. irbc

Former Employee - Colorado in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Colorado in Denver, CO

I worked at Curian Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay for not challenging work

Cons

limited career opportunity- the only viable career option is to become an external wholesaler which is a major jump in pay and responsibility. Poor training program to go from internal to external

Advice to Management

Not sure what to say here...if I were in management then I'd have some ideas

2. Was really good...now terrible

Former Employee - Internal Regional Business Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Internal Regional Business Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Curian Capital (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sales desk team gets along pretty good. Used to be much better but some good friendships were formed. You do learn to sell and present well. Good work life balance. No working from home!

Cons

Company was a lot of fun when I first started. sales director was great, did a lot with the team for training and sales. Then he moved and things got worse. Lots of turnover on upper management and on the sales team. New National sales manager is very ego driven. Sales have dropped tremendously which affects commission. Morale is very low on sales team due to promotions that do no make sense and the lack of growth opportunities. Products are stale and performance has always been bad. Difficult to keep trying to sell this stuff with poor performance and high fees and still feel good about your job.

Advice to Management

there is another review here about lying. Totally agree with that. I was lied to and kept working hard with the promise that my time will come. "Just had to be the right territory and make sense".

3. Company in Distress

Former Employee - External Wholesaler in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - External Wholesaler in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Curian Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Commission is good, travel opportunities are good, benefits are good

Cons

management is awful, they fire people and mark up their U4's for no reason

Advice to Management

get it together, company values are a lie, they don't practice what they preach

5. Not Half Bad!!

Former Employee - Client Services Representative
    Former Employee - Client Services Representative

I worked at Curian Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a new and up coming company with a fresh and not yet jaded look at the future and training. I had the opportunity to work for Curian for a little over a year. I would say that if you are a young hungry go getter then this is your spot. The crowd is young for the most part right out of collage. The seniors are super helpful and eager to train if you are eager to learn. The pay is not the best but if you need a place to get your feet wet and get some experience this is a great fit.

Cons

Due to the age of the company there ground is still a big shaky. There is a hesitance when you want to move UP they have no issue with you moving around though.

Advice to Management

If you have someone that is pounding it and it is visible think before you make a call that will effect us all.

6. IRBC

Former Employee - IRBC in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - IRBC in Denver, CO

I worked at Curian Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycheck, pay the bills, learn about investment products and strategies, gain knowledge of how to deceive and take advantage of others.

Cons

Worst upper management of any company I have worked for. Only mission is to increase the bottom line regardless of what happens to employees or investors.

Advice to Management

Get some integrity. Do what is right for your employees and investors.

7. Good learing experience.

I have been working at Curian Capital (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to get promoted fast and learn a lot. Great money management products and technology. Fun people to work with.

Cons

Management struggles to make good decisions....putting leaders in place that have no leadership skills or personal integrity. This could be a great place to grow, but instead it struggles to keep good talent at all levels.

8. Lack of opportunity

Current Employee - Internal Regional Business Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Internal Regional Business Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Curian Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Hours; Other employees are really good

Cons

No opportunity; poor management; Pay is inconsistent with position or skills

Advice to Management

Structure you pay for the work and capabilities of your employees

9. Good experience

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Curian Capital (More than a year)

Pros

good company, learned lots, and enjoyed time. my external partner was great and director was great, good culture!

Cons

having to defend performance and fees all the time!

10. Change of environment changed the experience

Current Employee - Internal Regional Business Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Internal Regional Business Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Curian Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training - a week's worth of training may not sound like a lot but if you have a background in the industry it is the perfect amount of time. Curian has awesome marketing support. If you need help telling the story you have options. Tons of marketing pieces and options to help the advisor from other departments.

Cons

In an effort to grow each territory has been cut and the goals have been increased. The base pay is not great for an internal but the commission structure used to make up for it. Now it is difficult to make a decent living and the push keeps getting greater. People are jumping ship which is a shame because it used to be a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Encourage growth without cutting the pay. Especially when other companies already offer a better compensation package.

11. Curian

Pros

Trying to be a financial leader, products are innovative, helps the little guy with investments.

Cons

Systems not adequate - customers are not taken care of. Difficult to work with from customer perspective. Employees suffer.

Advice to Management

Try and fix the problems before adding new products - then you might keep the customers you have.

RSS Feed </> Embed