Curriculum Associates

1. Sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Curriculum Associates

Pros

We stay focused on our customers.

Cons

Rapid growth And trying to be one step ahead of needs.

Advice to Management

Continue the good work.

2. Excellent career move

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Curriculum Associates is the right sized company for me - not too small and not too "corporate"; big enough to make a difference nationally and yet small enough to put people first (students, teachers, employees). Great balance between the team environment and self-direction. To me, the company culture is something very special that many other companies have lost or never had. CA is growing and expanding, with impressive year over year growth. This means lots of room for advancement and promotion from within is a reality. There is so much energy here- I love it!

Cons

The company is in a transition period as far as business systems go (internal processes and software choices are still somewhat behind the times or challenged by the rapid scaling-up to match the company's very rapid growth). In the meantime, there is a rather odd mix of some things being very 21st century and other things still feeling cumbersome or "old school".

Advice to Management

Stay nimble. Continued success in this industry requires being responsive and constantly adapting (while maintaining our values & culture).

The company that makes you realize your last company wasn't as good as you thought!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiting/interview/onboarding process is amazing. They make you feel welcome and wanted even before they know if they want you. The culture, benefits, and work/life balance are all top notch. The building has gone through some amazing renovations and there is a great openness to the work environments. There is open communication from senior management regarding growth and future plans. The CEO holds regular informal lunch meetings with employees to discuss their concerns about the company. Easily the best company that I have ever worked for.

Cons

Location isnt the greatest as it is near the Rt 3/ 495 intersection, so traffic is almost always horrible. That being said, there are ways to avoid that traffic from any direction and its certainly better then driving into Boston!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. Super good and getting better!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Meaningful work...you always feel like you're making an important contribution -Opportunities to learn and grow, learn from company leadership and other departments -Fun activities and culture that feels like a community

Cons

-The main office is outside of Boston, but this has become less of a problem recently...there's a new WiFi enabled shuttle to make it easier for Boston-based employees, and a small Boston office

Advice to Management

Keep maintaining the family feel of CA. It really is a special place to work.

6. Company with students at the center of the mission!

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CA has leaders with integrity and students best interest in mind when making decisions. Great opportunity for growth and casual work environment with open door/cube policies.

Cons

Sometimes very, very busy!

7. Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Billerica, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great culture - Proactively adjusts compensation up as industry environment changes - Driven mission (childhood education) - Flexible (work from home, flexible hours); very family-friendly - Very progressive (recently instituted $15/hour company minimum wage) - Always on the local lists for "Best Places to Work" (Boston Business Journal, for example)

Cons

- Some legacy systems that need updating (progress is being made) - New product planning is sometimes too optimistic, resulting in late delivery, which pushes back the next product, which causes late delivery, which...

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. Great place to work!

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time

Pros

Onboarding was an amazing experience. Everyone has been professional and really likes what they are doing. Promotes work/life balance. Great benefits. Communication is constant.

Cons

The interview process can take awhile - BUT - it is in the best interest of the perspective employee and the company.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard and continue to make great decisions!

9. Love the collaborative culture!

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time

Pros

In addition to being able to work with great people and having a great mission and benefits, I love the details that Curriculum Associates pays attention to. From providing comfortable work spaces filled with bright colors and places to work outside of your assigned work space, to celebrating each accomplishment and members that contribute to Curriculum's success.

Cons

Due to growth, CA is expanding the work space at our Billerica office. This has led to some noise, but given how quickly the construction has been moving, I am sure this will be over soon and we have been able to see the new amazing spaces created as the construction progresses.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Great culture, leadership, and growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. The leadership is transparent with communication, the growth is incredibly strong, and the fact that we serve education is all together what makes it so rewarding.

Cons

The very rapid growth is sometimes hard to keep up with. There is literally not enough space. Other than that, there are really no negatives that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Build another building and do it soon. Focus on managing the pace of growth, and continue to focus on students.

11. Good company, continues to improve over the years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible, family-friendly, high standards, quality products, co-workers are passionate about their work, working environment continues to get better as company grows

Cons

Long hours, too many meetings

RSS Feed </> Embed