Curves International Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
H. Gary Heavin

Pros
  • Helping women reach their weight loss and fitness goals is very rewarding (in 6 reviews)

• Helping people change their lives and getting healthier (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, very little commission and no benefits (in 6 reviews)

• Other employees were there 10 years and still making minimum wage (in 5 reviews)

1. Great place to work locally!

Former Employee - Manager/Site Director in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Manager/Site Director in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Curves International part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The setting is ideal for a positive, uplifting work environment and partnering with the community is always fun!

Cons

The company itself makes it difficult for small business owners in the smaller towns to keep things afloat. Due to this, employees are limited to making minimum wage with the occasional bonus and they are required to constantly update their facility.

Advice to Management

Find staff looking to help change women's lives instead of staff looking for a part-time job. The pay isn't the reason to work for a Curves, and finding those staff members that primarily focus on their care for the member base is the way to go.

2. Coach

Current Employee - Wellness Coach in Avon, IN
    Current Employee - Wellness Coach in Avon, IN

I have been working at Curves International part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best reasons for working at Curves is help people to stay healthy and fit.

Cons

The downside to working at Curves is that the pay is minimal for the amount of work we are required to do. I do not know what my work schedule is going to be until the day before working for the following week.

Advice to Management

A work schedule with 15 to 20 hours a week and I would like to know what my schedule is a few in days in advance.

3. Great

Pros

Interacting with the ladies, being able to see the results due to advice or helping with proper form with equipment.

Cons

Had no cons to list

Advice to Management

none

5. It was an okay job.

Former Employee - Fitness Coach in Benton, IL
    Former Employee - Fitness Coach in Benton, IL

I worked at Curves International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We got to work out on the clock and see others reach fitness goals!

Cons

The older workers worked days and I worked evenings alone. Cold calls are not fun for me. My boss gipped me on commission. All appointments were made during the day, so I never really had the chance to make commission any way.

Advice to Management

Properly train your coaches. Do not just sit them in front of a computer for several hours. Take the time to show them how to use each machine and be an example by cheering your members on and making phone calls to gain new members.

6. fun

I have been working at Curves International full-time

Pros

Exercise, working with women, helping ladies reach their goals,

Cons

No advertising, hard to get help, I don't feel like you necessarily get the help you pay for.

Advice to Management

More advertising. Give franchisees more freedom, provide more help to the people running current business plan instead of changing it.

7. Owner

Former Employee - Owner/Operator
    Former Employee - Owner/Operator

I worked at Curves International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Got to meet lots of new and interesting people, led to dance instructor training. Also nice to get to workout often and learn about nutrition.

Cons

Company changes made me lose more money than I was making, they were ridiculous. Almost seems like they are trying to close the business so they can join with jenny craig. All but one of the 13 Curves in my area have had to close in the past year and a half because of this.

Advice to Management

Quit making so many changes and support your franchises more instead of closing them all down/

8. Stressful

Pros

Great to work with members

Cons

Corporate very stressful to understand

Advice to Management

N/A

9. Positive atmosphere

Pros

You get to meet a lot of people. Things progressed when ownership changed.

Cons

Pressure to sale to current members.

10. Coach

Current Employee - Coach
    Current Employee - Coach

I have been working at Curves International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free use of equipment, great part time job if you don't need to make money. You will meet some nice people.

Cons

Low pay, part time, no vacation pay, no sick pay, only made 5.00 commission on new 12 month contracts, $0.00 for month to month contracts. Only person on site.

Advice to Management

The same rules should apply to ALL clients, not just your favorites, if street shoes should be removed, then ALL should remove their shoes, if flip flops are not allowed, then they should be not allowed for ALL clients, not just your favorite clients. Ensure ALL of your employees are wiping down machines and mats, trash should be removed nightly, not just when it overflows, no wonder you have a mice problem. Women come in to your establishment to work out and get away from their children for a while, they should not have to deal with your evening employees children.

11. Great Company.

Pros

Positive environment. Quality client services.

Cons

There are no cons to notate.

Advice to Management

No advice.

RSS Feed </> Embed