CustomMade Ventures Reviews

4.5

Mike Salguero
1 Rating

Excellent, will do business with again! A++

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at CustomMade Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Phenomenal coworkers, vision and career growth opportunities.

Cons

Not really a con. They move fast and if you're not used to working with tight deadlines you can feel the pressure.

Smart, ambitious people. Exciting atmosphere.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at CustomMade Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

CustomMade has a really smart, talented and enthusiastic team. That alone is a rare find. The fact that it is startup that does something that has never been done before is not only exciting but allows for lots of rewarding cross-collaboration and openness to new ideas.

Cons

The aforementioned startup environment and new business concept makes for a constant learning process and therefore some enivitable twists and turns in directions and ideas. So I definitely recommend that potential team members be flexible and adaptable.

Make an impact immediately and get recognized for your contributions

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at CustomMade Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

As soon as you start at CM, you are able to make direct impacts on the growth and direction of the company. The employees can all be considered passionate self-starters who seize opportunities to not just advance towards the company's goals but to also define their own responsibilities and career track. The environment is very collaborative and open to new ideas and perspectives and those ideas and perspectives can have long-range, profound effects on the growing business.

Cons

As with any start-up, CM is light on structure and the pace at which we work could make it a poor fit for some people

Stay the course. Keep it fun, open, collaborative, challenging and rewarding

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company, great opportunity

Former Employee - Technical Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at CustomMade Ventures as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Custommade offers a big opportunity for people looking to apply their raw talents in an entrepreneurial atmosphere. The company is still small enough to make a major impact with your contributions. The leadership is passionate about the craft of building custom goods and express it through a popular web destination.

Cons

As in any entrepreneurial venture, you should be self-motivated in your role and able to make strong individual contributions. If you're looking for a job to clock-in and clock out of, this may not be the company for you.

The best internship I could have asked for

Current Employee - Intern  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Intern in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at CustomMade Ventures as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You can really make a difference immediately. Even though I was an intern, my ideas were heard and were taken seriously. I was treated like a full time employee from the start. The co founders are both great guys and treat everyone fairly with respect. Everyone is excited to get to work and will do whatever it takes for the success of the company. A great environment to learn, grow, and work in.

Cons

As with any new company trying to rapidly grow, things can hectic and the pace can be frenetic. This is to be expected with a start-up. Definitely not a company where you can do the bare minimum and scrape by, but that's a good thing.

Keep up the solid work.

Have a big voice, make an impact immediately.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at CustomMade Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back culture, flat structure and very little ego. You're able to structure your own role, which is great for career development. Size and culture allows for everyone to have a valued opinion.

Cons

Standard start-up troubles. Very fast-paced, high expectations, some processes lack a ton of structure.

Keep up the happy hours and team lunches.

The quintessential start-up experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at CustomMade Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small office, get to know everyone by their first name. Casual environment too. Easy to get "noticed" here for your contributions and subsequently move up in the company. Great team environment, when one team does well, everyone celebrates. People here appreciate hard work and will push you to do better and think bigger.

Cons

This is a new company- they're still trying things out internally and externally. You're not walking into a well oiled machine yet, you need to be able to adapt quickly and think on your feet, but if you're someone who considers that to be part of the fun of working at a start up then it's really a pro :)

Great startup environment w/ plenty of room to grow

Current Employee - Product  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Product in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at CustomMade Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

The business is growing and our value to our users is clear. Great company culture, everyone is positive, honest and checks their egos at the door. There's tons of opportunity to make the experience (both to our users and to ourselves) better and build great stuff.

Cons

Typical startup challenges - finding people that are the right fit, operating on borrowed time/money, sense of urgency with most projects - but it's a matter of managing all that.

Amazing mission, fun environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at CustomMade Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Driving huge volumes of new business towards the small amazing artisans that live in our local communities is really something special.
    -The company has a lot of really intelligent people that are always willing to help out new younger employees and interns.

Cons

When you have a lot of dedicated people working to build a company, expectations are high. I don't think it is a stressful environment but some people might feel that way.

Keep up the focus on working with each individual employee. Scaling that will not be easy.

Learned a ton

Current Employee - Support  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Support in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at CustomMade Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a breath of fresh air walking into this environment. Compared to other places I have worked, there is no huge sense of entitlement or ego. It really just matters if you can get things done, provide solutions and be an in-house entrepreneur so to speak. If you can do that, you will be opened up to a lot more opportunities. The network of smart people affiliated with CM is outstanding.

Cons

Typical startup problems--urgency can come with a bit of anxiety for some.

Worked for CustomMade Ventures? Contribute to the Community!