Customer Direct

www.customerdirect.com

Customer Direct Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Robert Nolan Jr.

More like family than just a job

Customer Service (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsFriendly coworkers, good training (and retraining if necessary), steady work, decent benefits, PTO/UTO available, and the work-from-home option is AWESOME. Promotions are almost always from within. Bonuses based on performance. OT is almost always available and hardly ever mandatory. The company continues to hire as it grows and expands. There are quarterly appreciation days and good recognition of work performed well.

ConsLow starting pay, low pay raises. Health insurance, while subsidized, is still expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue expansion and growth, and continue rewarding employees for jobs well done.

Avoid this place unless youre good at sucking up

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsGreat co workers and double holiday pay, easy job, insurance

ConsFavoritism runs rampant here, if the supervisors dont like you personally, good luck getting help with problems or even getting to talk to them. I saw this with multiple people who were treated less than human because they werent liked personally. The only supervisors who seem to care about their workers are Leonard and Jim and they werent even my supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk with your supervisors about remaining professional

Not the company I thought it was...

Reservations Agent (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsGreat coworkers, lots of overtime opp., insurance, super hard to get fired, travel opps.

ConsSo much favoritism here it's not even funny. If you're not the apple of your supervisors eye then good luck getting them to help or pay attention to you. Theyre nice when you first get here but after that initial week on the floor, you start to see people in a whole new light. Feels more like a high school than a company the way little cliques run rampant around here.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the love of God, talk to your supervisory staff, and let them know favoritism isn't ok, but if they have to show it, show it to their best agents who get high scores, not just the "cool ones" or youre going to lose a lot of high quality agents over trivial bs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Current employee..tricked to get in the door!

Reservations Agent (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsThe people here are pretty nice, easy to request and get days off, they seem to stick to the hours you said you were available as far as scheduling

ConsThey said every other weekend in the interview but pretty much everyone works every weekend unless they complain, supervisors show favoritism to the agents they like, theirs more rules for being able to work from home than told in the interview

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the supervisors aren't showing favortism to agents that kiss their butt! Stop lying in the initial interview as far as weekends are concerned

Okay

Reservations Agent (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsIt's a 24/7 business so there's flexibility. Small company so you don't necessarily feel like you're just another face in the bunch.
    Room for growth.

ConsOn-the-floor management can be sloppy and unorganized at times. Too many people in charge and some don't know how to talk to employees.
    Training is not the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training. Foster better supervisor-to-employee relationships.

Too much work, too little pay

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsHealth Insurance, decent short term employment

ConsBlind to talent they posess and overwork the capable while letting incompetent supervisors flourish. Favoritism to those who lack grey matter. Low pay. Apathetic upper management. Kiss ups with lackluster skills, need more be said? Having loyalists post positive feedback in here does not a decent organization make...

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and understand you are inefficiently using the talent you have in your grasp by letting your center manager play favorites. Successful team building is seriously lacking. Choosing CZ's over diamonds will make your client list shrink. If not for higher education, I would still be toiling away without acknowledgement or appreciation.

Great at the top & bottom, but in the middle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsGenerally great crew to work with on the operations floor.
    Owner, and front office staff work hard to make the company great

ConsSupervisory staff leaves much to be desired
    - Many are hard to reach, out smoking, at lunch, etc when a situation arises
    - A few are career oriented, their careers only
    - Knowledge of tech aspects often lacking
    - No technical career development

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a deep look at operations between the operations center manager and the agents on the floor. The company has high values, but some staff are only giving lip service to them

I have been the VP of Strategic Partnerships at Customer Direct since November, 2012 and thoroughly enjoy this company.

Vice President of Strategic Partnerships (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsThe ethical standards of ownership and the management team are excellent. All of the resources needed to complete the job are provided and the company has a team atmosphere where everyone pitches in to accomplish the tasks at hand. The ownership is thoughtful and listens to input, encouraging innovative energy and the freedom to pursue ideas that contribute to the company.

ConsThe business of providing customer support to a wide variety of industries, in a wide variety of ways is complex, and can be challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide additional marketing resources, focus on organizational communications as our company grows.

I am currently the Payroll Manager for Customer Direct and have worked here for over 12 years. I started as an agent.

ProsGreat work environment
    Opportunity to learn lots of different jobs, with many different responsibilities
    The people here are the best!
    Competitive pay and benefits
    The office is very nice

ConsI do not have any!

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on our growth

Great place to start or continue a career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Pros+ Great work environment that is very professional, yet fun
    + Lots of new ways to learn and contribute using my skill set
    + Open environment encourages fresh ideas
    + Opportunity to travel and better understand the industries we serve

Cons- I really can't think of a major complaint; I truly enjoy coming to work

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more on marketing. I believe our services aren't known to enough decision makers who could really benefit them.

Worked for Customer Direct? Contribute to the Community!