Customer Lobby Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
43 reviews filtered by
3.6
Ted Paff

1. Cognizant of individual's interests/strengths and open to accommodating them.

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Multiple opportunities to show what you can do for the company and attentive eyes/ears in management. The company is growing- and fast. If you speak up about an idea you think could work, you're heard.

-Management expresses that part of their role is preparing/training employees for where they're going next, even if that's at another company.

-Product transparency.

Cons

Again, the company is growing quickly. There are times you'll be left on your own to figure out what to do next, times you have to prioritize your own tasks without micro-guidance, etc. Not great for people who need more structured days or immediate feedback from supervisors.

2. "Poked the bear one too many times"

I worked at Customer Lobby

Pros

Before working at Customer Lobby I had strong interest in being a web developer/Programmer, even through my position wasn't directly related , the engineering team made themselves available for Q&A as well as specific coaching.This is a great place to showcase your skills and learn about what it takes to run a start-up.

Cons

During the "tail" end at Customer Lobby i became concerned about my future with the company ; and if i would ever make the money I was anticipating in terms of commission. I didn't feel the system was set up for me to succeed. After a few meetings with management i was ultimately terminated without just cause. Maybe "I poked the bear one too many times"

The product is much more complex and inventive then other products on the market, Which means a new standard has to be met when approaching customers. I strongly suggest prospecting customers with the attitude of scheduling an appointment ; and making this very clear on the initial call.This is the age of consultation for the team moving forward.Also getting noise canceling phones for the team would help.In addition training could be much better; things like recording calls, dialogue and objection training , and giving the whole team books to establish ideology is key.

3. Stay Away. They're in the online reviews business, I'm sure some of the positive reviews here are fake.

I have been working at Customer Lobby

Pros

Relaxed dress code
    Free snacks
    There's really nothing else than that, but there's a 20 word minimum here.

Cons

Customer Lobby is really, really struggling.

First, they pulled a bait and switch job offer, where they advertise a not existing position-- to bait qualified applicants , then they switch the offer to a lower tiered sales position, so look out for that move.

Second, they offered me the job over the phone on the first interview. This might sound cool to you as an applicant, but its a clear red-flag of a struggling company-- with a revolving door of employees.

Third, I came on board after most of the sales team there was fired, according to someone who had been there, but he was eventually fired, while I was there.

The company has got to be hemorrhaging money out the door like nobody's business. I'm surprised their doors are still open. While I was there, getting people onto trials was a major accomplishment for the company. The trials were free! But they celebrated that to keep morale up. They couldn't barley get customers to try their product for free!

Pay is well below market rate.

They lack professionalism--they will fire you in front of the whole office. They do it in a side conference room, but its obvious to everyone when they let someone go. It's like a walking pirate plank there.

They're just riding on the coat tails of their competitors. It took them over 7 years to get out of a failing customer reviews management product and move on to a another product that is struggling to gain traction.

5. Good job for students or a transitional job after college.

Former Employee - Call Agent in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Call Agent in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Customer Lobby part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working as a call agent I had a lot of flexibility with my hours. If I ever needed to come in late or early it was never any problem, if I wanted to take a couple of days off to go on a trip it was also not a big deal.

Everyone on our side of the office is very friendly. Most people have fun, laid back personalities and management fosters this culture by not breathing down your neck for talking too much or playing too much ping pong (within reason). I am really going to miss cracking jokes and sharing some the more interesting calls with my old coworkers. Honestly they are the best part of the job.

Compared to other part-time student/transitional jobs the setting is comfortable. You are at a desk, you can take breaks when you need to there are some snacks in the office you can have for free.

CEO is friendly, he will crack jokes he will say hello to you. He is obviously proud of his company and it shows.

Pay is decent for the work that you are doing.

Cons

The work is incredibly dull. The only way to make it interesting is to set personal goals but I found a lot of the time the number of successful calls is random. You are learning how to talk to people on the phone in a professional setting but the work is so niche I can't see it transferring over much to other jobs.

The ability to be flexible with the hours apparently goes both ways. The management gave us one days notice that all of our guaranteed 8 hour shifts would be turned into 5 hour shifts. I understand that there has to be flexibility in a startup and employment cost is high but at least give us two weeks to get our finances in order. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

Don't cut your employees hours on a moments notice. Even with all of the friendliness, free snacks and ping pong tables, when you cut your employees hours without so much as a warning it sends a clear signal that you don't value their work. It is disrespectful.

6. Awesome people and environment, but not the greatest training

Current Employee - Call Agent in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Call Agent in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people here are absolutely the best. You work with a small group, and everyone is super friendly and always sending funny messages in between calls. They're also super flexible with your hours, and don't make you feel guilty for needing a personal day or having to call in sick. The pay is also pretty decent, considering how easy the job is.

Cons

You don't really learn anything new. It literally takes an hour or two to learn the web admin, and after that, you're just leaving voicemails, taking reviews, or being rudely declined. If you're looking for a job that provides a useful skill set that you could apply to a future career, this really isn't the place.

Perhaps take what career path your part-time employees are considering, and after they've done some good work in customer calls, maybe try and direct them to an area of Customer Lobby where they could maybe learn something related to their field. With the work being so stagnant, learning something new would be a little rewarding.

7. They hire so many talented top-notch university students, but do not recognize their hard and professional work.

I worked at Customer Lobby part-time

Pros

- Young employees
    - The people there are what makes you come to work every day.
    - The cup of noodles, sodas, tiny juices, granola bars (since you will be mostly broke working there).
    - Great location (close to buses, Bart, restaurant).
    - It is a good company if you are desperately looking for a job.

Cons

- Bragging too much about their Ping Pong table should be a red-flag
    - They immediately hire people and are kept in the dark about everyone else's roles in the company.
    - No formal introduction or training.
    - No proper training on ergonomics training--you do have to sit for an extended period of hours.
    - No recognition about good work.
    - Same task over and over. No room for initiating or bringing new ideas to the table.
    - Never had a meeting to provide our input.
    - Does not treat employees as valuable assets to company-- always wondered if I did a good job, or was just ignored.
    - It's hard to believe on its mission and values since the reviews system seems a bit flawed and biased. (I like to believe in the product I represent and be proud of it too.)

- I wish the CEO was more approachable--not sure if age difference.
    - More hours or talk to employees personally no through our supervisor.

Customer Lobby Response

Feb 4, 2015President

Yep. You are right. Our part-time employees have a very narrow job function and are not plugged in enough to what is happening in our company. We need to and will do a better job. We have already ... More

8. Place to learn sales

Current Employee - Inside Sales Qualifier in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Qualifier in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby

Pros

Learn sales, sell good product, helping people, hands on ceo.

Cons

low pay, lots of cold calls, but good overall

Keep it up, great work.

9. Great Place to Work

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great management team, great office. Ethical and responsible CEO. Pleasant work environment, and great co- workers.

Cons

As long as your willing to focus and stay positive, this is a truly great place to work.

Management is super helpful and involved.

10. Fantastic.

I have been working at Customer Lobby

Pros

Great training and development, open sales opportunity and growth.

Cons

No cons here honestly

11. Fantastic Work Environment

Current Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management is supportive, smart and driven.
    Customer Lobby team is young, experienced, hard working and fun!
    Location is fantastic

Cons

Parking situation is the only blemish

Parking options to those who commute.