Customer Lobby Reviews

1. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Customer Lobby has been a breath of fresh air! The work is just challenging enough, the management and ceo are supportive and accessible, my co-workers are fun, happy people, the pay is good, and the location can't be beat with floor-to-ceiling windows and no cubicles! I love that human resources is helpful and informed and the company is transparent, doing good work and having a lot of fun. Having no dress code is a plus too :-)

Cons

Currently we have a lot of construction next-door, which is noisy, but not much can be done about that

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Great job as a side gig or for students

Former Employee - Call Agent in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Call Agent in Berkeley, CA

Pros

Great people to work with in member services. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Location is conveniently located next to Downtown Berkeley BART and I got to relax outside on the campus lawn during lunch breaks. If you've got good speechcraft and typing skills then the job is super easy to do. Great practice for speaking to all types of folks around the country and I didn't even have to sell anything. My bosses were really great about giving me the hours that I needed, or days that i needed off. Very low stress/no drama type of job.

Cons

The job is very repetitive so if you aren't entertaining yourself while working then it's really easy to lose interest in doing it. Also, the pay at the time was not quite living wage, so it's not really the kind of thing you do as your sole source of income in the Bay Area. That being said, it was a job that worked out really well for me while I was taking a break from school.

AVOID Revolving Door at "The Lobby"

I worked at Customer Lobby full-time

Pros

+Free snacks +Location (downtown Berkeley) +Lax office rules (including no dress code) +Definitely out by 5 pm +Ping pong (solid stress relief)

Cons

I worked there for over a year and have never seen such a high turnover rate - especially at a company that could have rocked its culture and product ideas way back when. Firing isn't based purely on performance anymore and no one is stepping in to fix cliquey management on the sales floor. If you love memorizing new names and faces you won't need to know for very long and learning random cold call processes that still aren't selling the product, work here. Save the little money you'll make by enjoying some free snacks! If you want to MAKE REAL MONEY without chasing carrots (comp plans and active account ownership change a lot, too), actually matter in your office/the Bay tech world, and work in an office that is not always half empty, I strongly recommend finding another place.

Advice to Management

1) Pay 2) Transparency If things are going so swell with the new product, share the rewards with your employees like mgmt constantly promises. If things aren't great right now, listen to your employees to reach a solution before your next pod of talent clears out.

Pretty Sweet Gig

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management arms you with lots of training and support for cold calls. There's also room for advancement, as almost everyone in management started in some other role and worked up. The CEO Ted is super nice, the company culture is really fun and positive, and everyone seems to get along. People play ping pong and mini golf and Super Smash Bros during breaks, or do Post-It/pixel art on the windows... Also, lots of good places for lunch in the area. And it's super close to BART and a parking garage. Pretty sweet gig!

Cons

Lunch is taken at the same time every day; Can't work from home... Can't think of any other negatives rn. Not many!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Great Place to Work and Learn

Current Employee - Business Development Representative
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of help from management and 1-on-1 training to help pinpoint your problem areas and help you grow in the role you take. Everyone is really nice and friendly, you can really feel the team environment in the office where everyone wants everyone else to succeed. Product is also pretty disruptive in its space, no one else takes it to the level that Customer Lobby does and its exciting to be able to get in with a company that has the potential to blow up in the near future. Also a lot of mixers and office beers to keep spirits up!

Cons

Snacks could use a little improvement, trail mix and cup noodles get old

Advice to Management

Keep up the dedication to growing your employees and the company is sure to follow

Avoid this place if you can

Former Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA

Pros

* Pajamas, tee shirts, caps, short pants, flip flops, you can wear whatever you want * Close to Berkeley BART station * Good work/life balance. at 5:05 the sales room is empty as every rep has jetted out ASAP to get away from the stench of working here. * Sales managers do try to train you up * You get treated to a baseball game once a year. Yeah! * Free granola bars

Cons

* Revolving door of Account Executives and BDRs; employees constantly getting fired. Average rep lasts three - six months. * Your day is spent cold-calling plumbers and mechanics and other small service businesses that you find on Yelp, which is actually a competitor of Customer Lobby. Go figure. * The compensation sucks. Low base with a commission plan designed so that the company doesn't have to pay any commission on most sales b/c a sales rep has to reach a quote of monthly recurring revenue sold for the month to get any commission; most reps don't hit it and maybe one rep a month will get a high enough MRR sold to earn a decent commission ($2,000+) * Low morale with reps always on edge about who will be fired next * Software sold isn't very good. Review software is worthless to customers and predictive advertising software hasn't had any traction. * Day to day grind of the job completely sucks. * This job requires taking a vow of poverty to work here.

Advice to Management

Try to care a little bit about the sales reps and BDRS that you under pay and fire left and right.

Aug 28, 2015 – President

Since we transitioned our sales team in May, we had to let go of 1 Account Executive. It sucks and we hate it but having a good culture matters to us. When someone doesn't want to be here (to us ... More

The Lobby Rocks

Current Employee - BDR in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - BDR in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Coolest thing about customer lobby is the culture of our office. We have all walks of life here and no judgments are passed. The Ceo is the greatest down to earth guy! I enjoy the work flow and the chillness of the office. I love the time we spend together out side of work. I Really enjoyed the A's game last night. Sitting together laughing, talking and of course the beer! Work hard play even harder!

Cons

Con? If I had to say anything it would be that we need more out side of work play lol. In all seriousness it would be great to spend more time with one another out side of work to get to know one another a bit better..

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, the Friday meetings are great. All of us remaining here at Customer Lobby are very appreciative of the Raises! Holla!

Great environment in a growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management here is invested in your growth. One on one training is tailored to your needs and it's clear that they want to see people succeed. When I started I was given a 6 month timeline to advance on the sales team. After two months of being successful in an entry-level role I was given the opportunity to move up ahead of schedule. The managers are open to feedback and discussing making changes to day to day procedures. The company is growing and changing at the moment, so there is frequently room for input. This is also the only sales job I've ever had with good work/life balance. You will go home at 5 every day.

Cons

The other side of a company that is growing is that there are not many standard procedures in place. It may take some time to get an answer to a question as management can get pretty busy. While the one on one training is very good there are times when you need to be able to speak up and ask for guidance. You need to be comfortable reminding your team lead or manager when you need one on one time that's longer than a single question.

Advice to Management

As the company grows solidify some standard practices, so the reps aren't as disrupted in those changes.

Perfect Experience Building Sales Environment

Former Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA

Pros

Great people. They're the reason I came to work. Management is open to suggestions and helping. Friendly sales floor, everyone supporting everyone.

Cons

Extremely high employee turnover rate. Outdated tech (Older PC's/Wired headsets). Very few people meet sales quotas. Difficult product to sell. Commission structure is basically pointless for majority of employees. Very slow and low motivation environment.

Advice to Management

If you want employees to genuinely care about the product you need to increase base salary for all employees. The pay is lower than almost all other similar positions within other companies.

May 29, 2015 – President

Yes, base salaries were too low and that resulted in a high turnover rate. We recently raised our salaries across the board. Since we released our new product a couple of months ago, the majority of ... More

Demeaning environment

Former Employee - Anonymous in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Customer Lobby full-time

Pros

Nice location if you enjoy working here in the East bay / Berkeley area. Good place to work if you are a student taking night classes and have no real bills, debt or responsibilities.

Cons

My buddy at Starbucks actually makes more than I do and I am one of the higher rated people in the sales group.

Advice to Management

Change the scope of the product and pay scale of the employees. The leadership is unrealistic by continually over projecting and underdelivering.

May 29, 2015 – President

Yep ... we hear you and have done just what you suggested. We just raised our base salaries and released a new product. The majority of our AE’s are exceeding quota every month.

RSS Feed </> Embed