Cutera Reviews

Reset
2.5
Cutera President, CEO, and Director Kevin P. Connors
Kevin P. Connors

1. Great company, great opportunity.

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The past six months have been the most beneficially life changing six months of my life! Cutera hired a new sales mgmt team and although it was challenging in the beginning to adopt the habits they were teaching us it soon became apparent to me that this team and company would take my sales ability to the next level. All I can say is I've learned more and made more money in the past six months than I did in years at my old job.

Cons

I'm not going to lie, it's hard work! But if your driving goal is to be the best professional salesperson possible, and make a lot of money, it's worth every minute.

Advice to Management

Please keep the almost monthly cash promotions coming!

2. Life-changing career move

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has a great reputation for making top-of-the-line aesthetic lasers with unparalleled service. For the most part, Cutera customers are happy, loyal and leaders in their field.

As an employer, Cutera is a publicly-traded company with a family-run feel where everyone has an open door policy.

New sales management team is fantastic and have implemented several strategies to bring sales volume where it should be!

The compensation package is very aggressive and taking a position with Cutera was the best move I've made in my sales career.

Cons

Conservative by nature, the marketing and brand-awareness of Cutera and its various technologies are not in-line with their value to the industry.

3. Company On the Upswing

Current Employee - Anonymous in Brisbane, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good Products
    - Smart People
    - New Direction
    - Financially Healthy
    - Sales Revenue growth 3 quarters in a row

Cons

I have read a lot of reviews on this site and others that certainly portray factual shortcomings of this company such as high turnover, Lack of vision and an environment filled with old employees who remain at the company due to legacy and not performance. With all that being said the company seems to have brought in some new leadership in Marketing and Sales who have a track record of success. There has been a visible and tangible change in attitude, performance and overall culture in the last year. I am glad I stayed during the dark days as it appears the company is poised to make great strides in both growth and employee retention.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your team....there is still a lot of work to be done. Stay focused on the goal and trust the people who know what they are doing around you.

Cutera

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cutera (More than 8 years)

Pros

great laser and light based technology and people

Cons

market dependent on the economy

Systems in place do not allow employees to accomplish the goals and mission statement of the Cutera

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Been working here full time for over 7 years and felt I have the credibility to give my feedback on experience for those who are potentially seeking employment. I've seen this company turned upside down , flipped in and out with employees. Great if you are looking for stagnant job and no upward career mobility.

Cons

1. Don't expect to go anywhere. No vertical or horizontal mobility

2. Leadership Team detached from people in line functions. HR is there but they might as well be "non-existent" for not helping out.

3. Too much bureaucracy. Decisions take forever to be made and once they are made, they are constantly changing.

4. Extremely political

5. Lot of Back-Stabbing

6. Horrible Management (significantly within the Marketing department)

7. No Career Opportunity at all if you are looking for a permanent career. I've been fortunate to stay in the company this long since I know all the different procedures and how to do several different roles.

Advice to Management

Please hire competent management. Please control office politics and
    have HR be more observant and take action on problems between departments. Managers should be required to take training courses on managing people before becoming a manager. individual contributors who performs a job well may not be a good people/project manager. have more candid conversations with those "in the trenches," and not just listen to those closest to you. most of all, listen to feedback, both positive and negative, and take actions accordingly; you are in a position of authority to reward…

Good Products. Some Good People. Most Incompetent Exec Management Team in the Industry

I worked at Cutera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid products, some great, hard working people that want to help the company succeed.

Cons

Exec management from the top down is incompetent and disengaged. Previous posts about sales and marketing being revolving doors are accurate. Leadership and strategy are foreign concepts to most of the exec management team. Current strategy and business plan is to recycle industry cronies, drinking buddies and cynosure's leftovers. But this will change again soon as they continue to lose money QOQ.

Advice to Management

You can't run a company from a tennis court or a bar stool. Do your jobs!

No clear direction...

I worked at Cutera

Pros

Good products, good location, nice building.

Cons

Poor management, high turn over.

Look elsewhere if you want good culture and leadership.

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cutera full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company was founded on great technology and did well when all companies were growing. Great engineering and service.

Cons

Extreme turnover at all levels of sales and marketing. The two at the top have been there since day one and have made millions but they don't care about employees and are horrendous leaders. No vision and they motivate with fear. Many long term dedicated and successful employees have been fired out of the blue. Beware.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming others for lack of success. Other aesthetic companies like CYNO have built a much larger and more successful business with less on account of strategic leadership and vision.

Sad truth --- Unless drastic change happens at the top

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Despite the harsh environment, it is amazing to see the technical team pulling off delivering water-downed versions of promising technologies. Sad to see how resources and talent are wasted.

Cons

Top management are unethical and bad leaders. Hence, middle management is weak and individual contributors are highly unmotivated. It is a "do as you are told" culture and watch your back at all times. I would advise anyone to seriously ask many questions if you are considering this place. But be warn, evaluate the answers carefully and research well.

Advice to Management

Grow up, there is a real world out there!

Company on the Upswing

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great technology, tremendous legacy and a commitment from top down. This group really recognizes the strengths of the company and most importantly, recognizes mistakes that have been made in the past. There are some excellent new leaders in a number of departments. As an employee who has been here for a number of years, it is exciting to see the direction that the company is heading.

Cons

It's a time commitment which is not ideal for every person (there are a number of posts on this site that are very much sour grapes). Take a long look at yourself and embrace change and either engage or step aside and find a traditional 9-5. This is a place for people who want to take responsibility and have the confidence and skill to make an impact. This is either a pro or a con depending on WHO you ARE!!!

Advice to Management

You have excellent new blood. Trust and allow this team to help restore the greatness of this company.

RSS Feed </> Embed