Cutter Aviation

Updated Jan 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

William W Cutter

Hit or miss depending on department

Customer Service (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cutter Aviation full-time for less than a year

ProsMx is good
Fun company events occassionally

ConsEveryone else is pretty unhappy

A great company to work for, but...

Line Service Technician (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cutter Aviation full-time for less than a year

ProsThey are very flexible with hours regarding school

ConsThere is no certified mechanic available for the ground service equipment. Not very safe to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a certified ground service equipment mechanic, provide opportunities for advancement, and be honest about the "tiered pay scale" used to reel in new line service technician candidates.

Aviation is too much fun!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Cutter Aviation

ProsThe management works well with personal needs in getting time off. They also help celebrate personal achievements. The company is operating 24/7, 365 days. Some days are madness & so busy that you're lucky if you can take a potty break. Cutter is so generous that they would buy food so everybody would have a chance to eat. They make sure on the extremely hot days that all employees take breaks and drink plenty of water. (It's about 10-15 degrees hotter on the ramp than the posted temperature.) Everybody watches out for everybody else. They also reward employees with "Cutter Bucks". Any employee can recommend another employee for going above and beyond the call of duty. I was awarded a Cutter Buck (Which is good for $20 extra with your paycheck) from my supervisor for doing an exceptional job. It is a nice way to thank an employee!

On the customer side, you get the cream-of-the-crop! It's not the usual dealings with the public. You deal with lots of celebrities, beautiful planes and even get lots of catering! Living in such a large city with the Super Bowl, NASCAR, NHRA, pro & college football & basketball, you'll meet all kinds of interesting people! Pilots are the best to deal with, fun, informative and just easy to get along with. (They usually know more about what's going on in the world than anybody! They know all the best restaurants, hotels, latest movies, what's going on behind the scenes, etc.)

It was fun keeping up with the digital sign. We could make special greetings for race teams, wish customers a Happy Birthday or congratulate a customer who just had a baby. It was a great personal touch for all the customers.

Not only did we get to see the newest jets, we also had warbirds, homebuilt, classic & military aircraft. You never knew what kind of planes you were going to see or who would be in them!

ConsOne person can cause so much drama. They were very lenient when it came to coming down on someone. Which isn't always bad, but after so many complaints... After I left, the person we all had such a hard time with was finally fired. I guess they listened after all!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to praise your employees & feed them when it's so busy they can't breathe. Keep them informed of what's going on and possible events that could affect them. I liked knowing what the competition was doing! (How much fuel they sold, unhappy customers who came to us, etc.)

Get your foot in the door, and learn what you can

Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Cutter Aviation

Prosopportunity to get your foot in the door in the aviation industry.

ConsSenior Management does not look to employees for feedback on company performance or ways to enrich morale.If you every wanted to know how it felt to work under a bunch of ego driven managers that think only of themselves and have no leadership abilities, or have no clue about the industry they’re in. Please feel free to get a job with Cutter Aviation, Inc
I am not sure why they don’t see that something is wrong with management. Their Ego’s must be in the way. Since January of 2007 over 15+ employees from upper management to regular staff have quit. Somethings wrong and it’s not the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time "listening" to employees

Worked for Cutter Aviation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cutter Aviation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cutter Aviation CEO William W Cutter. All reviews posted anonymously by Cutter Aviation employees.