Cutter & Buck

Add Photos

Jens Petersson

Sales Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost of my time with Cutter & Buck was Positive.

ConsMade upper management changes. Company lost it's way.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to say, It has been a few years since I moved on

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

So-so experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are great, office location in Fremont is a huge plus. Work hours are manageable.

ConsVery little direction from upper management. Forward momentum cannot be accomplished due to lack of resources. Many people have left the company and the ideals have changed over the last few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a clear direction and stick with it.

No opportunity for growth

Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsDecent medical benefits, nice people, provides ORCA card free to employees

ConsNo room for growth, low compensation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was an ok place to work, would not want to go back

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe over all atmosphere was comfortable. The people working there are friendly and easy to work with.

ConsLittle to no room for advancement. Corporate was very tight with money, there had been a two year wage freeze.

Advice to Senior ManagementLay off acting like C&B is a big corporate company, treat your employees with respect and stop nit picking...

Great brand tradition and unrealized potential, handicapped by European parent company with no US or fashion background.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood all around people, lovely work location, healthy industry.

ConsPoor organization, poor management, poor vision, poor compensation plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementProcure and listen to advice by experienced domestic talent. Don't try to force the European business model on a U.S. business, particularly where business depends on discretionary spend by clientele. Recognizing and embracing the differences in the U.S. and Europe marketplace and allowing the necessary resources to serve these markets will require a modicum of expenditure in the short term but result in tremendous market share growth and opportunities going forward. Be open, be accepting, understand the need to build and care for the reputation of the brand, look outside the box, become the fabulous brand that Cutter can be.

Zero opportunity employer

Account Executive (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosgreat location working in fremont, very flexible with start and end time, coworkers were great, fabulous dental and health insurance policies

Conszero opportunity for growth, while there they issued a ban on any employee in the the cs department being transferred or promoted out of their current position. This company will not negotiate pay or counter offer when loyal employees of 5+ years leave for more money at a different company

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees better

Like being aboard a sinking ship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

Pros-Great locaion in Fremont
    -Decent work/life balance

Cons-Horrible benefits: expensive health care, expensive parking, no 401k matching
    -Severly underqualified middle management
    -No sense of community between all departments
    -Executive management doesn't seem to be movitivated to improve sinking morale
    -The brand is still not really known or recognized. To this day I still have to explain to people what Cutter and Buck does, which is kind of embarassing.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus focus focus on keeping your employees happy: improve benefits, get better middle managment (just because someone does a specific job well doesn't mean they know how to supervise or lead other people), get better benefits, get employees excited about mingling with other departments, figure out your brand, and get a better marketing strategy so employees can be proud to work for a company that is well known and respected.

I would say that it has been just okay with nothing great to keep me here forever, but nothing glaring to make me leave.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsOne of the best resons to work for CB is my work/life balance. We do work really hard, but we also are allowed more than enough time for family obligations, unexpected events and go-home-early days when we need it. We can also arrange work from home days at a moments notice. Fremont is also a terrific area to work in for shopping, food and after work drinks.

ConsThere are some cons of working here. The first is that the recession has reduced the already small workforce by about a third. Thus, everyone has acquired the roles of several people. The most successful of us have enough legacy knowledge to be able to cope with the workload. Any new employee would easily be overwhelmed. Another con is that everyone, no matter their title, has their own office. This creates the definition of silos especially in this turbulent environment. The last con I would like to mention is that we don't really have a company culture or identity. It seems like we have been so driven to make money, that we forgot or lost track of who we are and what we stand for.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership has listened to the employee concerns but they need to move faster to implement changes. They need to look harder at what other top companies offer their employees and add some of those to retain good employees. They also need to somehow infuse the soul back into CB.

Get out if you want to get paid

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prostime off is pretty good

Consbad pay and worse benefits

Once a great company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsBeing small company has it's advantages

ConsRun by accountants until Jen Petersen from Sweden took over as CEO, still budgets are tight. Fine job so far.
    But they are failing to invest in the workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain, promote from within. Assistance with tuition and training would help.
    We have an amazing product don't let the quality slip, Promote the golf more within.

Worked for Cutter & Buck? Contribute to the Community!