Cutting Edge Information

Updated July 30, 2014
Updated July 30, 2014
2.8

Jason Richardson

An excellent opportunity for recent college graduates

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Cutting Edge Information full-time

Pros

Excellent opportunity to gain industry knowledge and analytical experience
    Lack of required travel and reasonable hours - neither of which is common in business strategy role
    Intelligent, friendly co-workers
    Job offers opportunity to learn about varied business functions

Cons

Small company offers limited opportunity for growth
    Travel opportunities for employees limited

Awful management

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Durham, NC

I worked at Cutting Edge Information full-time

Pros

Small company environment ideal to learn a lot about the life science industry. Great employees. You can goof off as much as you want - the CEO will join in on the fun! He is always looking for something to do other than work. If you maintain some sort of work ethic and minimal pace, you will never get fired.

Cons

Low pay, no recognition, bonus system changes based on management moods. No direction, no leadership. Upper management initiatives never go anywhere. Never sure what they have up their sleeves. Not even sure what they're doing - barely any involvement in company work. No opportunities for advancement.

Get to work. Stop blaming employees for company failures. There is a cost to inaction - you are the perfect example.

A sinking ship...

I worked at Cutting Edge Information full-time

Pros

-Family-friendly environment
    -Some highly-intelligent and wonderful people on staff
    -Great place to work if you want to perform at "status quo"
    -Company-paid benefits

Cons

Employees seem more interested in throwing Nerf balls around and joking around than actually doing work at this company. This would actually sound like a progressive 21st century entrepreneurial attribute if it didn't happen 5 days a week / all day long. There are some really great people on board who work hard for this company, including some really talented people who have left. However, there is little to zero room for advancement within the organization. If you are a hard worker, you must go elsewhere to succeed professionally, which is sad because the company at one time had a lot of potential.

Trust your employees. Provide advancement opportunities for some of the more experienced and invest in the hard-working staff members you still have on board before they jump ship. Accept that change won't come by sticking with a business model that worked 12 years ago. Management needs to play a bigger hand in top-down strategy and making employees feel appreciated and motivated. Your company has potential; you just need to learn where to capitalize, resource and strategize.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The little consulting company that could

Current Employee - Researcher  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Researcher in Durham, NC

I have been working at Cutting Edge Information

Pros

CEI is a good place to work overall. The teams I've worked with have been a great opportunity to learn and the "characters" in the office always keep things fun. I have learned a great deal about our research subjects and our customers. I know I'll be able to use that information here or in other jobs.

Cons

Projects can be pretty long so sometimes it's hard to maintain the level of productivity and excitement I would like. Corporate strategy is sometimes hazy although we seem to come back to basics eventually.

Quarterly meetings with the whole company to update on progress.

Worked for Cutting Edge Information? Contribute to the Community!