Cvent

Cvent Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Cvent Founder & CEO Reggie Aggarwal

Reggie Aggarwal

Pros:
  • "Senior management is attentive and gives great feedback and direction"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Good benefits, great people, great technology, fun happy hours, traveling"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is tilted heavily towards 'work' for most of the developers"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Employees work hard and a lot is expected of them, so long hours are often put in"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Always something new and exciting

McLean, VA

ProsThe company invests a lot in its employees and its infrastructure to stay at the top of their market. The most obvious results of this are tons of professional as well as personal opportunities that keep the job interesting and challenging day to day. The benefits are great, the pay is great, and the company culture is going for that young, hip tech company vibe which makes it an awesome place to work especially for people starting out from college. Its easy for your peers to turn into legitimate friends, which is something that a lot of people take for granted when choosing a job where they will spend so much of their time.

ConsVery work hard/play hard atmosphere, which means work-life balance is tough to maintain. If you're looking to make a lot of money its great, but the hours are pretty long and the traffic is pretty bad in the area where the HQ is located.

Accelerates Your Career

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsCvent is a very fast growing company – and that opens the doors to a lot of opportunities. For example, I've had the chance to work on quite a number of projects outside the typical scope of my position. This is something that I didn't get at my last employer. You also get solid employment stability (I've never wondered if I'm going to be out of a job).

The overall culture is great! It's so nice not having to wear a suit every day (jeans are fine). And the members of each division are also pretty close with one another (each division essentially has its own sub-culture). This makes Cvent a place you enjoy coming to every day. And even though it's fun here, we still know how to get work done.

ConsThe general hours are a little on the longer side (9:00am – 6:30pm); but it’s understandable given our growth/goals, and not like people are “clocking in” and “clocking out.”

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! We've come a long way and you've all hit a lot of milestones over the years. Now is not the time to get complacent. Also, continue to invest more in your employees. Greater compensation is always nice; but even things like offering formal flex-time can help a lot.

Given autonomy to grow as a young sales professional in a great work environment

Sales Executive, Event Solutions (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsFor someone fresh out of college, you are provided fantastic sales and product training. As soon as that training is complete, you immediately join a sales team with the opportunity to develop business relationships with small to large organizations. It's rare that a company gives young employees the autonomy to deploy new sales strategies, make mistakes, travel, and accelerate their growth in a fun, fast paced industry. Because our product lines touch so many industries and verticals, you grow your business acumen by learning the ins and outs of business models from associations, non-profits, corporations, government agencies, and educational institutions.

The experience is invaluable, and the opportunity for advancement at Cvent is continuously evolving as the company grows. If you do well, management notices and you have the opportunity to move up within the organization rather quickly.

The final pro, for me, is the casual, yet professional, office environment. The team is close knit, and there is definitely friendly competition to accomplish team and company goals.

ConsCvent does not match on 401k, but their overall benefits package is strong.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Voted Best Place to Work in DC for a reason

Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsCvent is an incredible place to start your career. I have had an incredible experience learning, growing, and building a career.
    - Culture. Cvent is made up of a group of good, intelligent, fun people coming in to do their best everyday. The culture at Cvent truly is special and lends itself to strong relationships forming between colleagues. It really is a "Work hard, Play hard" environment.
    - Growth. Cvent is rapidly growing, which leads to more opportunities and more experiences within the company.
    - Travel. Cvent has offices across the globe and provides opportunities for travel between those offices to carry the culture we work hard to maintain.
    - Management. The leaders of Cvent really care about their employees. There is really an open door policy.
    -Events. Cvent works hard to understand the wants of the employees and deliver. Events like the company holiday party, happy hours, incentives are great.
    - Training. Cvent puts you through a 6 week training program when starting an entry level position. It shows they are investing in you and the future of the company.

ConsCvent has created an environment that encourages going above and beyond. If you do not find yourself being self-motivating or going the extra mile then Cvent may not be a good fit. I love that environment, but that may be a con for those who feel differently.
    - The pay could match the effort a little bit better, but overall if you like what yo are doing like me it is not the worst thing.
    - A few more holidays would be nice.
    - Since the company is growing fast- there can be times where management does not have a clear answer for next steps (i.e. working through an acquisition can be challenging).

Overall- Every company has pros and cons and Cvent works hard to improve the cons which speaks volumes.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou rock. I appreciate your openness to take criticism and take the opinions of others the heart. Continue to lead with energy, confidence, and candor. I have faith in Cvent, because we have a strong management team supporting us.

Endless opportunities and enriching challenges, but not without its growing pains

ProsIn the time that I have been here, I have had the opportunity to work on a number of professionally challenging and rewarding projects and initiatives. I am able to come up with ideas which I am encouraged to share, create the project plan and execute against it with resources and support along the way. Some projects have been related to acquisitions and international expansion - not your every day bullet point on a resume.
    The people here are great - very smart, yet down to earth. It really is a collaborative and open culture where you can speak as easily to an Associate as well as an Executive.
    The cash comp and benefits offering is very competitive and since we went public last year, everyone is excited to reap the benefits when our options vest.
    The location is great in McLean, and will be even better later this year when we move down the street, because we will be right in front of the new metro stop and food truck row!

ConsWorking in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company is not without its fair set of challenges. Not all processes and standards have been established, but are in the works and done with input from employees. The management team is growing with the company and are being pulled in many directions, but it looks like new leaders are being promoted as well as hired externally to help fill any gaps. The working hours are not your standard (though nor is the opportunity to accelerate your career here), and with a family, it is tough to balance at times, but my manager offer flexibility in scheduling that alleviates a lot of the work/life balance stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to really listen to your employees, not just at the surface level, but what really matters to engage them and let them know that you deeply care about them and their development and success. The productivity, efficiency and output will come.

Great place to start a career

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsGood benefits, great people, great technology, fun happy hours, traveling.

I have been working here for about 2 years now directly from college. I have found it an awesome growing experience. The company is growing so rapidly that their is always a calling for individual leadership and with that opportunities to advance. I have felt that through these past two years I have been given many opportunities to step up to the occasion while still having help when I need it. I also got the awesome experience to visit our India office in Gurgaon for 6 weeks which was an awesome experience.

ConsNo matching 401k. Work hard play hard mentality (I personally like this but others do not). Growing pains but hopefully the new office solves some of these.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously, no matching 401k. In this day in age its too common not to have.

Fantastic organization and an incredible place to launch your career

Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsAmazing work culture, great benefits, senior management is very accessible, incredible travel opportunities (work travel could take you to nearly every continent in the world), smart and hardworking coworkers, innovative, top of the industry, many options to grow or transfer internally, casual dress, lots of fun activities outside of work (paintball, happy hours, incentive trips, cookouts, athletic teams, etc).

**Cvent promotes an atmosphere that rewards those who work hard. If you're looking for a standard 9-5 job, which doesn't ask you to push beyond the status quo, then Cvent is probably not a good fit for you. Cvent has grown so much over the years for a reason, which is a combination of smart people and lots and lots of hard work. If you're an ambitious person that's anxious to work hard, then the sky is the limit with Cvent.

ConsFor those with 3+ years SAAS sales experience, it's tough for them to match what you could be paid elsewhere, but many of the other perks make up for this.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're on the right track, and many of the negatives people have pointed out will work themselves out as the organization continues to grow. Despite no longer being an employee, I'm cheering from the sidelines.

Good place to build a career

Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsGood work environment, young and energetic workforce, fun colleagues, management with good leadership skills and direction, growing company, opportunities for advancement, good training and development for sales people, not a lot of layers of managers

Conslong work days, no 401K match, repetive daily duties, very metrics-driven to monitor productivity, a lot of people who have been here for 2-3 years find opportunity elsewhere that would pay them more money

Advice to Senior ManagementMatch 401K's. Older people don't choose to work her for this reason.

Very exciting and fun place to work. Amazing place to launch your career.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

Pros- Immediate responsibility
    - opportunity for advancement early on
    - great culture/people
    - they invest in you as an employee with on going training/development program and extensive up front training program
    - contests and added incentives
    - fun activities outside of work (company happy hours, amazing Christmas party, paintball trips, trips to Kings Dominion ect.)
    - casual dress code
    - brand new office space in Q3
    - hard work will pay off
    - potential to make good money out of school

Cons- don't match 401K
    - while the development program is amazing, middle management can slightly micro-manage at times

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! Continue to keep the same company culture as we grow and evaluate different ways other than training, that you can invest in the employees and increase morale.

Great place to work

NOC Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWork regular buisness hours and get 3 weeks off

Consmy schedule is apparently flexible and could change

Worked for Cvent? Contribute to the Community!

Cvent Videos

Cvent – Why Work for Us?

Our mission is to transform the events and meetings industry. Our software platform disrupts the traditional processes for the event planners who organize events and the venues that host them, creating more value for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cvent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cvent CEO Reggie Aggarwal. All 164 reviews posted anonymously by Cvent employees.