Cvent

Updated August 8, 2014

4.1

Cvent Founder & CEO Reggie Aggarwal
Reggie Aggarwal

Pros
  • The senior management is very approachable (including the CEO) and transparent (in 22 reviews)

• I've been able to travel to our India office multiple times to train and mentor my colleagues (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is tilted heavily towards 'work' for most of the developers (in 18 reviews)

• Employees work hard and a lot is expected of them, so long hours are often put in (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

44 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Employee friendly company!

Current Employee - Enterprise Professional Services Analyst  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Enterprise Professional Services Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

I've been working here for more than 4 years and I am very satisfied with the work that I am doing right now. I have grown tremendously as a professional. I'm working as a Professional Services Analyst with Technology and my work challenges me to be at my best all the times. The management has taken a lot of initiatives to not only make this a fun working place but also assist employees to have a career path and they are very approachable. I love the flexibility offered in the shifts and other perks that come along with the job. The company also sponsored my certification as well. Overall a great place to work and learn. And yeah compensation is great too!

Cons

You have to spend some time with the company in order for it to give you the benefits that you want. I am a living example. The only con that I can think of is the number of the official holidays which is kinda less. (6 per year).

Global company with lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

I walk in on Monday morning not waiting for Friday but looking forward to working with like minded people. My Interactions are not limited to people working in my role but I get to interact with just about everyone hashing Idea / concepts / problems. The management has a open door culture and believes in investing in grooming employees provided you can deliver - I have been part of position specific trainings which in turn have made me better at my job. Some one asked me - why Cvent - I said why not - The company is stable, works on the SAAS model, pays well, founder are still going strong and we are growing at a rapid pace.

Cons

For a company that is a little over decade old and is growing at rapid pace, there are always things that can be improved but nothing Major.

- Work form home / remote options should be explored for Employees in India.
    - Continue to listen to your employees and keep the transparency.
    - Continue to promote from within but bring in Fresh talent also - .

Excellent Learning and Growth Opportunities with success coded in the DNA.

Current Employee - Training Lead  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Training Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

CEO leads by example
    Amazing work culture and atmosphere : Work hard, play harder culture

Growing company with incredible career opportunities: Growing at a fast pace and this gives existing employees opportunity to contribute to the growth by taking up leadership roles.

Good Infrastructure and facilities: No compromises on the infrastructure. Whether it is the hardware, software, cafeteria or the fun zones.

Strong business fundamentals: Take care of your employees and they in turn take care of your company.

Talented and enthusiastic people: Young and dynamic co-workers.

Rewards & Recognition: Cvent is great at rewarding & recognizing the talent to keep them motivated.

Perks: Really attractive compensation

Cons

It is a comparatively young company growing at a fast pace, so some processes are being streamlined. Since we are moving in the right direction, I am positive that it won’t take us long to be there.

Keep hiring great talent
    Keep listening to your people and make changes when necessary.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fake positive reviews on Glassdoor, beware

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

It used to be a great company to work with but no more. Its full of politics now by some senior members of the company. If you don't believe, just check their record of attrition at the Senior level in last 2-3 years. Said that, their US office is still better to work with but not in India.

Cons

There are so many now that its difficult to count Pros. First, they will get you in by propaganda of good culture, growing organisation, how they built the company blah blah.. Well, these are true but few top management guys in India have spoiled all the collective effort. All good guys have left the company. And once you leave them, (no matter how long you have given them) they have got few goons at top management in India, who would chase you like Vodafone dog and harass you every way possible to make sure you dare to join any company in same industry or even start your own something (regardless of industry).

There is no point as the CEO has closed his eyes. He doesn't even know that his few top India management guys make sure that no one is hired smarter than them, so they reject candidates in screening only.

Great Place to Work with lot of opportunities to Grow !!

Current Employee - Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

- Growing Company with great career opportunities.
    - Very transparent & open culture, value employees feedback, good work life balance.
    - Top performers get to visit US office which is a great learning experience for career growth.
    - CEO visit India office every year and personally meet all the teams for their issues & concerns.
    - Good compensation as per the industry standards, stock options for key employees.

Cons

Nothing as such.

Should invest more in skill-based training programs.

Great learning & growth opportunities!

Current Employee - Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

Positive and open work environment with an “open door” culture

Incredible growth opportunities. The leadership is always available to mentor and guide.

High performance culture.

Cons

Nothing that can be called a “show-stopper”

Need more focus on management training and skill advancement

High expectations but great culture, dynamic environment

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

They have an open door policy so its easy to approach senior leaders. One of the few companies that really have a fast paced environment and great culture. Lot of energy and enthusiasm across different teams. I have spent quite a few years here and there is not one day when i get back home bored with the work i did. Great co-workers who will become closest friends in the long-run.

Cons

The only thing that's constant here is change. You have to keep up with all the moving pieces which is a challenge. Work life balance could become a challenge

Focus on the core that got us to where we are. Lot of new people are coming on board but don't forget the old ones.

A very fast paced mid size company that offers excellent learning and growth opportunities

Current Employee - Manager Sales  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Manager Sales in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

Cvent's distinct edge lies in the core values. The senior management is very approachable (including the CEO) and transparent. The company follows a bottom to top approach. There's flexible work hours that enable a good work-life balance and compensation is good. One can get consistent mentor-ship from management as well as vintage employees.

Cons

As a young company, Cvent is still implementing processes which needs some patience.

Need to invest more in management training.

Great company to excel your career. A platform for learning & entrepreneurship!

Current Employee - Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

I've found that the talent and simply the quality of people CVENT attracts are unprecedented. The Senior Management at CVENT truly makes an effort to pave a path of development and growth, if that's what you're looking for.
    Really a great place to grow your career and learn from the best in the industry.
    The company recognizes every employee efforts and have a good R & R policy companywide.
    Transparent culture & open to employee's feedback.
    CEO himself visits India office and meets each & every team to understand their issues & concerns.

Cons

Cons – None as such, the Management is always there to help out and solve the issues

Keep up the transparency as we continue to grow!

Lazy employees, a lot of politics, people who work hard are made to work crazy hours

Former Employee - Pcm  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Pcm in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

big company - secure job

Cons

no growth - financial or professional

don't treat employees in India like sheep, they are smarter than many of ur US emmployees

Worked for Cvent? Contribute to the Community!